[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Tickety86

Only Mod & Admins can sue the portals that travel to different Worlds but the normal people can still travel when its just a normal Nether portal PLEASE FIX

3. Offline

Hagon94

I find it slightly annoying that whenever i link any two portals, when i enter it i allways end up staring on the side of /behind the portal when i come out, not facing outwards from the portal surface at all. Also, when making a hole and placing a portal at the bottom and a portal at the top, whenever you jump down and come out the portal ontop, you'll allways land on a solid block, no matter how close your portal is to the middle and how big the hole is. That makes it impossible to make " endless falls" and many other things.

Don't want to be rude or an ass, I'm just giving room for future improvement if possible :p
    Great plugin anyway, keep up the great job!

4. Offline

cyberjacob

rather major bug for me, mvtp does not work when trying to tp accross worlds (haven't tried it in the same world)
    Code:
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'mvtp' in plugin MultiVerse v1.6.4
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:650)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:613)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:607)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:36)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:73)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVCommands.MVTP(MVCommands.java:584)
            at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.onCommand(MultiVerse.java:245)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more

any ideas on what to do?

5. Offline

mavbear

When I select a portal and try to use /mvpd (to set the destination to my position) it tells me to "Please select a destination." What do?

6. Finally back... Don't really have time to go through the hundreds of replies that may have gone unanswered, so i'll do my best to pick up from here!

7. Offline

Gritten

Is there anyway someone can post 1.6.3 temporarily until the issues in 1.6.4 are resolved? Still having a lot of internal error messages when attempting to create portals, or tp back to my main world.

8. Could you pastebin your errors? I'm reading back through the pages right now but It would help to have your specific logs.

9. Offline

Gritten

Hey Fernferret,
    Here's the paste bin: http://pastebin.com/3dWLXFRc
    There are no real in game errors when loading - but the first message about pvp is what show up (this is happening for others as well)
    The second error is what shows up when I attempt /mvpc kportal w:kylunworld
    I can also /mvtp w:kylunworld however when I'm in kylunworld and want to tp back to my main world /mvtp w:Metrocity throws errors - same Internal error in game. I'm looking for that log but I think it was very similar to what's pasted.

10. Offline

Pablomittens

I dont know if this is already an option tell me if it is please but could you add config to portals so only certain people can use certain portals. ex. If Me and my friend are playing on my normal server with other people but we want our private survival or creative world that only we can go to. Thanks in advance for any answers.

I was having problems similar to this I fixed it by updating to build 766

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  11. Offline

Gritten

Edit: /facepalm. I THOUGHT I was running 766. I was positive I updated my host to it as I updated all of my plugins.........
    *sighs* Ok it's updated now going to test. Thanks Pablo

12. @Gritten Yep, 766 is required. (not stating this for you, this is for all others having the pvp problem!)

Marcus Hirst likes this.
  13. Offline

Gritten

Naw, I realize it was required, This was totally my fault. My host allows me to auto update. I did all my plugin updates and everything, and must have forgotten to click the update for 766. Sorry for causing any additional work. I feel a little :'( now

14. Offline

Arol Andino

Every time i try making a command it says you have no access to that command what should i do

15. Yeah my default group people still cant use portals is there ANYTHING im forgetting cause this is seriously the only problem with my server...

16. Offline

GECLAN Erik

Can portals going to locations in the same world be restriced to only spesific players. like black/white list?

17. Offline

fffizzz

hey fern, welcome back :D

with 1.6.4 player whitelists appears to not work anymore. No matter how i set it up, it doesnt allow anyone to goto that world. if i leave it blank, everyone can goto it then.

18. I'll take a look tonight, along with the prior three posts, bit busy right now.

19. Offline

Devian50

I have a problem with MultiVerse. whenever I try to create a portal it tells me internal error in the chat... :S Here is the error:
    Code:
    2011-05-15 17:55:38 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'mvpc' in plugin MultiVerse v1.6.4
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:677)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:640)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:634)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVCommands.MVPCreate(MVCommands.java:263)
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.onCommand(MultiVerse.java:290)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more
    The command I typed was exactly /mvpc nether nether.

have you given yourself the permission to use that command? if you have put yourself as Admin in Permissions you should have all commands.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  20. Offline

CreepOfLulz

I apologize if this had already been posted, but is there a way to have seperate inventories in each world? I'm lazy so tl;dr. EDIT: Also, everytime I reset my server, the worlds I make dissapear. How come?

21. Offline

Psycho Robot

The plugin MultiInv is what you seek.

22. Offline

angus22397

Animals and Mobs spawn in default and build even though I have then disabled in the config.
    Code:
    worlds:
        world:
            animals: true
            pvp: true
            alias: 'Survival'
            blockBlacklist: ''
            worldBlacklist: ''
            spawn: 0:64:0:0.0:0.0
            mobs: true
            price: 0.0
            environment: NORMAL
            editWhitelist: ''
            playerBlacklist: ''
            playerWhitelist: ''
            editBlacklist: ''
        default:
            animals: false
            pvp: false
            alias: ''
            spawn: -2:64:-7:0.0:0.0
            mobs: fslse
        build:
            animals: false
            pvp: false
            alias: ''
            spawn: -56:64:4:0.0:0.0
            mobs: false

disregard the s in false :p

23. Offline

fffizzz

are you using performancetweaks?

24. Offline

angus22397

Maybe :p (yes)

25. Offline

fffizzz

update to .7, and change the options in PerformanceTweaks/MonsterLimiter.yml

26. Offline

Ryan Glusic

k im stupid, i cant make a portal it says "you have not set your coordinates yet" what do i do

27. Offline

Blabba

Is it possible to stop people taking items from one world to the other? I want to have one legit world and one freebuild world where players may spawn items but I don't want people going to the freebuild world, spawning items and just teleporting back.

28. Offline

xZise

I have following issue:
    Code:
    17:33:08 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerChat(MVPlayerListener.java:173)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:262)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:289)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:651)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:639)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
    Using 1.6.4 of MultiVerse on the 766 build Server.

Fabian

29. Offline

Arol Andino

Yeah i am using crafty for my pluigns and then i out my self as a admin on there or i juust click op and it ops me
    i dont know what should i do

30. Offline

MuttsNuts

Hi!
    People have mentioned that they're no longer able to get permissions to work properly with their players. I have been doing numerous experiments and have noticed that if I modify/add a user to a permissions group using yeditor ingame they only get added to the default world and not any of the multiverse worlds.
    I have to manually add every new player to the users: list in each worlds permissions file (eg. world.yml). As you can imagine it is a bit of hassle and as I am the only person to have access to the files on my server I pretty much have to sit with my 5 permissions files open as I have 5 multiverse worlds and add new players to the yml files manually every time somebody new joins.
    I don't know if it has anything to do with the multiverse worlds not having players listed in the crafbukkit\world\players folder *world being the name of the multiverse world in question eg. craftbukkit\creative\players for my creative world but there are players listed and being added to the default world when modified ingame.

Don't know if that helps? Any suggestions?, as manually adding players is not practical.

Thanks much!

31. Offline

Hunt800

I've been having a really strange issue ever since the update to 1.5. I add my specially generated world full with floating islands, and everything starts out smoothly. Then, the very next time the server restarts, somehow the world gets corrupted and any user in the floating island world gets disconnected with the error "String length too long" and I have to reset their user.dat to fix it. At first I figured it was a glitch with signs, but then I completely reset the world so it had no signs and the issue still persisted. If it matters, I generated the world with http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1022&t=184941 .