[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Mercury

Yeah. Someone finally did it.
    It would be great, if it used iConomy support ;)

3. Offline

Rigby90

Ah thank you... knew I forgot something in the ToDo list.

Will hopefully get that done tomorrow along with some other things.

4. Offline

Cosmic Break

when i tried to add an existing map, it overwrote the map, and made a new world.

could it be conflicting with essentials /world in any way?

5. Offline

Rigby90

Shouldn't be, if a world already exists with that name/foldername then it should load it rather than creating it. That parts not done by me, it's how CraftBukkit loads a World.

Just double checked now and copied my 'world' folder and named it 'world2' then did '/mv create world2 normal' and it loaded it instantly rather than generating a new map.

Will try installing Essentials and having a look into it, but there's no reason it should overwrite it unless you chose the wrong environment type.

Hopefully you followed the first step in the HowTo =D.

Thanks for the response, will keep poking around and see if I can find the issue.

6. Offline

Cosmic Break

it would be nice if you could add a chat feature saying which world a person is in.

[World][Owner][CosmicBreak]:Chat Text Goes Here.

I have iChat, so would i dont know, but you may have to contact that developer in order to attempt this.

7. Offline

Rigby90

Not a bad idea, will have a look into it and see how iChat deals with things.

Never know iChat may take it on by default as MultiWorld servers will probs become standard thanks to DinnerBone & Co.
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 7:19 AM ---
    Ok easier than I thought... That's sorted will be in tomorrows update.

From server.log
    Code:
    2011-02-08 07:16:14 [INFO] [HELL][Admins] Rigby90: testing 123

Will allow for it to be toggleable in the config, some people may or may not want it.

Any further developments on your world being overwritten?

8. Offline

Cosmic Break

awesome! i cant connect to minecraft.net right now, so i'll have to wait to see any further changes. i have hourly backups, so thats all good. now i need to get the developer of backup plugin to see if they can work up a build to support this
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 7:36 AM ---
    also would like to know if it is possible to set a custom spawns for the extra worlds. i wanted to try out one of my old established multiplayer maps, but i dont want to have to wander all over the world to find already complete structures, since one of the old maps has a hub and a a lot of towns connected to it.

9. Offline

Rigby90

Short and sweet answer would be... yes you can freely modify the spawn point of any of the worlds loaded...

Providing the plugin you're using for /spawn /setspawn was programmed correectly with 'Worlds' then it can freely edit the spawnpoint of the world that you're in.

I believe Essentials can edit spawns in multiple worlds.

Altho saying that I may implement '/mvsetspawn' - That way it's definately covered.

10. Offline

Cosmic Break

can you make it so the signs can touch any block. currently you can only go thru a portal if the sign is on the front of it, and you can only go thru the direction the sign is on

11. Offline

Rigby90

Hmm that's suppose to happen. Whats meant to happen is when it detects the player standing inside a PORTAL block... it should check the radius around the player for a Sign that contains information on where to teleport.

Will double check I got my coordinates right and test it.

And again, appreciate the feedback.

12. Offline

MisterBlackBart

Obsidian gate w/ sign didn't work, though /mvtp worked perfect. -- actually funny issue, the first obsidian gate worked w/o a problem, then from there none worked. -- another funny thing: when I checked the yml file, for the world that worked the environment key was misspelled

Bigger Issue:
    When I got back to the non-default world there were monsters! (just zombies though... go figure)

13. Offline

Cosmic Break

they all work fine for me, i currently have 2 gates to other maps and on those maps, gates going back to normal.

make sure you set your world folders right

also make sure you did the commands right
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 8:33 AM ---

ok, i figured it out, it sends me to a spawn relative to where i came from on another map. not a spawn that was already preconfigured on the old map

14. Offline

MisterBlackBart

Nope, there are the creepers

And yes, everything was spelled and set up correctly, I checked it 4 times..

15. Offline

pmx

It either overwrote my world or placed me really far from the original spawm point, either way - I cant find our town lol! Nice work though glad someone created this :D

16. Offline

chibirubara

Works great, thanks so much!

17. Offline

HotelErotica

Looks sweet going to try it out now.

18. Offline

WACOMalt

Thanks for this!

Only bug I still have is on my main level, if someone ports back to it, they will not be anywhere NEAR the spawn. I have found the two specific areas they often land in, and can see no rhyme or reason to it. Both chunks are very very far from spawnpoint.

I opened the level in MCEdit, but could see no reason for this, even edited those chunks to make sure they were clean. No go. If you want I can zip my level and host it for you to check out.

Both the alternate world and the nether work perfect though in regards to spawnpoints.

Aside from that, Great! glad I got to test it early ;)

Oh and I would like to request World aliases, so instead of [mv] crazydumbname they may see [mv] Flat World
    or something of that sort.

Aside from that, I think I am completely 100% satisfied. Save the few notchbugs with nether.

19. Offline

Cosmic Break

im guessing this reacts different based on build version?

on build 271, all portals port to the same area when coming back. like on my world

in normal map i have [mv] snow
    in snow map i have [mv] normal
    when i port to snow world
    i port at snow spawn and when i use the portal back to normal world, i respawn at the normal world spawn

if ur having problems, i suggest using /setspawn. it saves a seperate spawn for each world.

20. Offline

WACOMalt

Well between my other two worlds it's fine. And /setspawn doesnt help. I confirmed in MCEdit that the spawnpoint is correct.

Between "nether" and "world" everything is fine, but between either of those to "world2", and you spawn far far away. /spawn will put you back where the actual spawnpoint is.

I will try on a newer build (I am on 264 as we speak) tomorrow.

21. Offline

matejdro

Hello, i have a question:

1. It's possible to specify portals manually? I have several portals from my previous nether and i don't want to loose them.

22. Offline

Kane

Not sure if these are in but I might as well spew what I like to see in this or in the future.

I saw permissions but assuming that was only to create new worlds not portals?

First a dev note if its annoying to play with spawns don't bother then and just wait. "<Dinnerbone> It's going to be a property people can set"

1) Permissions on creating and destroying gates.
    2) On top of permissions please add a simple whitelist system that can be set per portal. I will explain this more at the bottom.
    3) allow a blacklist item system to filter certain blocks from going to one world to another.
    4) Might not want to do this might be a separate mod though I like to see it all in 1. To enable and disable cross world chat.

Now why would I want a whitelist system if you have a permissions and such? Well permissions are messy to start with and not simple for large servers who want to add and remove access for people to use portals.

I personally think each portal created has a folder named after it and inside have a config for future things you add and information with a whitelist and such added inside.

This what I'm doing on my server

World 0 (PVP/PVM Normal World) Public Server total chaos.
    World 1 (PVP/PVM Nether World) Public Server total chaos.
    World 2 (Nother World) Private Whitelist Server!

So now you can see where that whitelist will be super handy.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you keep working on this wonderful mod for months and heck years to come :)
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 11:15 AM ---
    I would also like to add you should change [MISC] to [TP] I think might get more attention and be a little more correct even though it's more then 1 feature.

23. I'm having a minor issue where I can't create a world with the command as it tells me I don't have the rights to that command. I'm pretty sure it's a mistake on my part with permissions, but I can't be positive. Can anyone post a permissions file with the permissions for this plugin for me to get an idea where mine might be wrong? This is my first time setting up a specific plugin to work with permissions

24. Offline

Kane

Update CraftBukkit: master Dinnerbone * a852aa0 (3 files in 2 dirs): Implemented new Server methods (getWorld + changes to createWorld) - http://bit.ly/dFQC4V
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 12:54 PM ---
    Now Dinnerbone * a60cff3 (1 files in 1 dirs): Implemented WORLD_LOADED - http://bit.ly/h21lAr :)

25. Offline

Rigby90

Ok I'm slightly confused, have you got 'mobs=false' somewhere? Bearing in mind the plugin atm cannot disable mobs on alternative worlds, I believe it uses the global setting in 'server.properties' as to whether mobs will spawn or not. Will look into it, will refine most of the plugin today, seems like DinnerBone updated some things which should make the plugin alot safer at least.

Yeh strange, stumbled upon this earlier when I was trying to find the problem with signs sometimes not working. Think I'll just save the coordinates on the very first teleport to a world, and then every teleport there afterwards we'll use those coordinates. (Should hopefully be more precise as well, rather than all over the shop).

Hmm, if it's using an old world I don't believe it would create a new spawn, will have to verify this. But yes turns out I was wrong and sometimes the plugin would overwrite an existing world... This has been corrected in the latest CraftBukkit though. Apologies if you lost your world.

Can you elaborate? You place a sign on a NetherPortal that states its a [MultiVerse] sign and give it a destination.

Heres a snippet of my test server permissions file. An example of a group that has access to the MultiVerse commands.

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: 
                suffix:
                build: true
            inheritance: 
            permissions:
                - 'general.spawn'
                - 'multiverse.mvtp'
                - 'multiverse.mv'

26. Offline

matejdro

Portals are created automatically at other side, right?

But i want to link already created portal.

27. Offline

ethernity

Hey guys is it normal that in a NETHER World everything around you explodes all the time?
    I dont see any Creepers or so it just explodes near me all the time!

28. Offline

Rigby90

Atm no NetherPortal is created on the opposite side, this is to prevent people from spam making NetherPortals on one side to then have the other world ruined by vast amounts of portals.

You'll have to manually create a NetherPortal back to the previous world.

If you have 'mobs=true' in your server.properties file then this will be the Ghasts in the Nether world... They shoot FireBalls which on contact explode. However I believe theres an issue atm with the FireBalls being invisible.

29. Offline

ethernity

That could it be. Is there a way to fix it? Is this more a Bukkit problem or a MultiVerse Problem?

30. Offline

Rigby90

The invisible FireBalls... I believe is an SMP issue. As usual I maybe wrong. But it's not caused by MultiVerse at least.

All MultiVerse allows you to do in its current form is create new worlds with 'ease' and teleport between them using commands or using NetherPortals. Until "CREATURE_SPAWN" event is implemented I can't prevent mobs from spawning in a specific world.