[EDIT/FUN/SEC] VoxelSniper v5.019 - Flexible Long-Range In-Game Map Editor [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Voxel Box, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Voxel Box

2. Offline

Dreadreaver

alright ;) just gotta love voxelsniper

3. Offline

Carni

I love your Plugin, but would it be possible to add a new kind of replace like 'Replace everything BUT Wood, Glass, Stone' ?
    That would be awesome :)

4. Offline

przerwap

That was actually one of the brushes I mentioned on my todo list

EDIT:

was going to be the 'Exclusion brush'

5. Offline

Bronski

My friend and I are having the exact same issue on my server at the moment. I do have some other plugins. I'll pull them out if I get a chance later to rule out conflicts. CB 522.

Update: We were also having an issue with Minecart Mania chest spawns not working. We restarted the server and everything was fixed. I'm not sure where the offending code came from (Bukkit, MM, this plugin, some other plugin), but if restarting fixes it, I don't know how easily it could even be recreated :/

6. Offline

o0AzzA0o

its not working for me on 531 im a great fan of this tool. maybe its plugin compatibility but if someone could do a 531 build it would be most appreciated.

7. Offline

Carni

i have a problem with the latest version of voxelsniper, sometimes it's like the brush goes thru a block/ignores it, so when i want do change a wooden wall to a cobblestone wall, it doesnt change the wall i want to change but the one behind... :/

8. Offline

Peacemaker957

I got that problem too

9. Offline

Loose Nut

ok so it seems others are now having the same problem.
    im not glad but am kinda relieved.

at a block that wont delete with sniper, if i do /v
    it will give me the blocktype thats behind the targeted block.
    logging out of the world and logging back in seems to fix it
    for a while till it happens again at a dirrerent location.

when it happens, if i move away from the problem block/group of blocks.
    sniper will work like normal. go back to the problem block, or group of blocks.
    same thing, cant delete with sniper but a pickaxe works just fine.

also happens in reverse when using gunpowder, wont add blocks to certain areas
    logging out and back seems to fix it for a while

10. Offline

przerwap

Those are not issues related to VoxelSniper. Phantom blocks are Notch's issue. Sorry

11. Offline

Dreadreaver

I think this is indeed related to VoxelSniper as Im having this problem too, but ONLY with VoxelSniper since the newer CB-Builds.

I cant really tell you which build started it, as I just update to a build, test everything and if it works I push it live. So this problem is kinda sneaky and just appears after some time so I cant really say when it appeared first but currently on 531 Im having this issue as well. Never had any issues like this before but as I said, maybe it started in another build, but right now on 531 I was able to experience this issue twice now. And its no phantomblocks or anything imho as WorldEdit and anything else just works fine with those blocks except for VoxelSniper :/

12. Offline

Robeya

I believe this is/was an issue with CraftBukkit - I had this exact problem until updating to CB# 552 and above. I had assumed that this was a problem with the Voxel plugins (VoxelSniper / VoxelPort) until I started noticing other plugins act strangely in the same areas, especially any plugin that uses signs (notably QuickStash).

The problem is supposedly fixed in CraftBukkit build #552 - I've upgraded my server to #553, and haven't noticed the problem since.

Sources (these are a bit technical if you are not a plugin developer):
    http://leaky.bukkit.org/issues/553
    http://leaky.bukkit.org/issues/565
    http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/552/

13. Offline

Dreadreaver

dont worry, Im a dev myself(not java/bukkit though)

Okay so im running build 556 now and I wasnt able to replicate this issue in 1 hour massive voxelsnipering at all.
    so probably fixed now =)

I was running build 531 before and updated to 556 because of the fix in 552 but I didnt actually made the connection between the changelog in 552 and this issue until I read your post just now =)

anyway, voxelsniper working as intended again! ;D

14. Offline

magoo1125

Would I be able to use voxelsniper to duplicate a structure? If not, what would I use?

15. Offline

Dragondj0

I don't think so and what you would be btter using is Worldedit or if you have the world to hand MCedit

16. Offline

Loose Nut

17. Offline

Spl1tz

The vampire plugin takes precedence over the /v command, any fix for this?

18. Offline

Dreadreaver

talk to the cleaning lady

... uh i mean the vampire plugin developer

19. Offline

svavart

Could you update to 556 ? (I´m using the Voxelsniper version 3,1b
    I get this error while right clicking with arrow after doing
    1. /b br
    2. /vr 0
    3./v diamond
    4./b 4
    ---
    Then I right click and it only spawns water and an msg saying "invalid target" comes in the chat.

Code:
    10:45:48 [WARNING] [VoxelSniper] Exception while sniping:
    10:45:48 [SEVERE] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 264
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Chunk.a(Chunk.java:306)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.setTypeId(World.java:235)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.e(World.java:294)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setTypeId(CraftBlock.java:127)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at com.thevoxelbox.brush.Brush.setBlockAt(Brush.java:28)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at com.thevoxelbox.brush.BallReplFill.ballReplace(BallReplFill.java:58)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at com.thevoxelbox.brush.BallReplFill.arrow(BallReplFill.java:23)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at com.thevoxelbox.vSniper.snipe(vSniper.java:161)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at com.thevoxelbox.VoxelSniperListener.onArmSwing(VoxelSniperListener.java:496)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at com.thevoxelbox.VoxelSniperListener.onPlayerItem(VoxelSniperListener.java:490)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:202)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:457)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    10:45:48 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

edit--
    It's only when you are using diamond.
    It probably was happening because " /v diamond" doesn't do Dblocks but just diamonds.

20. Offline

OrtwinS

good to hear we are up to date with cb556

Worldedit has some nice brush tools to, but it's limited to radius 5.... I do my terraforming usually with size 10-30 :D
    I do wish you would implement WorldEdit's way of making circles and spheres, those don't have these annoying 1 block pips on them.

I usually use voxel in combination with WorldEdits smooth brush.

21. Offline

Hagon94

Please help me!
    It seems whenever i try to use a command like /b d or /v 5 or anything shown in a tutorial video, it displays examples of how to use commands and does not function as it should. I tried the examples but whenever i entered any of them, a new description of examples appeared. I'm running the ( I believe) Newest craftbukkit and voxelsniper. Besides from that i do have Worldedit installed on my server. I'll list any other plugin or information needed to solve the issue if you want me to.

Thanks!

22. Offline

przerwap

Please setup admns.txt

23. Offline

Hagon94

I'm sorry, please explain in more detail? What do i do with what file located where? :] I really am sorry for the trouble.

24. Offline

przerwap

Please read the main post of this thread.

25. Offline

Gbhsl

I'm having this same problem too i cant find the post can you repost or something?

26. Offline

Dragondj0

For mine it is a file called snipers which you was suppose to copy into your plugins directory with it. Just add your name to that.

27. Offline

SH4D0WS1N

28. Offline

Xzlider

Hello!! ;D
    i am a big fan of the voxelSniper,and i really want to get it working on my server but...
    when im inside of my server i try to use it and i follws everything you(dont know who it is in the first video "beginner tutorial") but when i type in the command there just comes some kind of help up like what i should type, no no sorry its called EXAMPLE:
    and when i try to type that in that doesnt work either!?
    could somebody Help ?

29. Offline

Kid Tiger

is there anything out there that'll help us out with copying and pasting builds? the intro writeup just isn't clear enough.. vid? thanks.

30. Offline

Dragondj0

By copy and pasting builds do you mean buildings etc, If so your better of using World Edit for that. They also have a tutorial for it. World edit and voxel sniper work really well together.

31. Offline

Kid Tiger

i found a nice vid that helped me out. resolved! this tool has put many babies inside of me. i lub dat voxel.