[EDIT/FUN/SEC] VoxelSniper v5.019 - Flexible Long-Range In-Game Map Editor [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Voxel Box, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Voxel Box

2. Offline

Lord Chaos

So any ETA on this for 733? We are starting a new server, but need to Fix terrain and we need Voxelsniper. :)

3. Offline

meggawatts

although they don;t support it for 733, I am running it on 733 with no problems at all :D

4. Offline

NouvelleOrange

When I type /b oc it says ''No such brush''. Also doing /u tells me nothing to undo. I'm testing this with 733.

Ok it seems the command was changed to /b o without the documentation being changed so I found out why :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  5. Offline

Lord Chaos

Nice to know...btw, how do you actually get the brushes, aka, the object your character holds in their hand.

6. Offline

Voxel Box

I've gotten a couple of questions about how the structure in prz' screenshot above was made.

Here's a quick video tutorial showing you exactly how much fun the erosion brush can be once you're used to it:

We're working on an update for the newest bukkit builds with some other bug fixes, so stay tuned for those.

~plusnine

Carni likes this.
  7. Offline

Carni

Works great with 740 :)

8. Offline

Lord Chaos

Anyone? Every video they're holding a kind of arrow, but don't know how to get that or what tool to use to use Voxelsniper. There's no command to give a "brush"...is there any specific tool you have to use?

9. Offline

przerwap

Arrow and Gunpowder, pretty sure its in the first Post, and Definitely on the wiki (www.voxelwiki.com)

10. Offline

Ryn

it seems crazy but is there any way to make the oceanator bigger?

11. Offline

przerwap

The gunpowder does a 3x3 Chunk area and the Ocean selection can do ... well as much as your server can handle at a time. It won't crash the server but it would hang it for a while. Basically you select two chunks and all the chunks in a rectangle in between them get oceanated.

12. Offline

smokesjackson

anytime i type /b idr or anything that deals with voxel sniper it just tell me the examples and doesnt let me use it

13. Offline

przerwap

Did you read the instalation guide? And put your name on the snipers.txt list

14. Offline

GmK

@przerwap

Eagerly awaiting more fun brushes! Splattering sounds great ;)

Thanks for the fantastic plugin, as you know we more and more go over to use it.

A quick question: The new version adds a 'Snipers Light' thing - is that yet in use and if yes, what does it do / restrict?

15. Offline

przerwap

sniperLite is like a baby brother of VoxelSniper within itself. the the Lite can only use replace / fill brushes and has a configurable max brush size along with a configurable 'allowed blocks' list. Other than that its just like regular sniper, uses the same commands etc.

16. Ok, so the onething i dont get is how to click... I did everything you said but i cant seem to make anything happen. Is there a specific button i have to hit to make this work? I typed in the commands correctly, its just not working. (And i made it so i was allowed to use it in the txt.

17. Offline

przerwap

Right click?

18. Offline

Drat333

Hi, I've been receiving the (quite amusing) error "No such block Id D:<" upon using id's the OBVIOUSLY exist (/v 1, /v 12, etc.) It was working quite well on the same build yesterday. The only thing that really has changed on my server was my migration from MineOS to MineOS+, but it does not make much sense to affect the plugin like this.

19. Offline

przerwap

Does your w/e MineOS is ... create or modify a file called "items.txt" in the root folder?

20. Offline

Ghostetr

is voxelsniper gonna get updated soon?
    also the wiki with how to use voxel is missing....
    dos this mean that the plugin is dead?

21. Offline

meggawatts

the wiki is not missing, http://www.voxelwiki.com/minecraft/index.php/VoxelSniper
    and I believe this plugin is far from dead considering the number of brushes they are developing now

22. Offline

przerwap

Mhmm, sure is Alive. FailTroll is Fail.

Anyway... Unless plusnine wants to make a video prior, Sniper will be updated today to the public.

23. Offline

Skrolan

OMFG IT IS ME AGAIN!!!!:p i fucking love you all WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ima install it ofc!!! right now ill tell u how it goes if i get it right:p if i can read the install guide!!!! i tell u how it goes:p love you WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and can i add how like big amount i want my arrow to remove?? it only removes 1 block and i want to remove alot more please answer quick love it wanna use it!!!!!!!!!!:p and when i use the gunpowder and i right clikc or left click nothing happens and i tested use /B and 60 but when i right or left click whit the brush nothing happens what is it for?

how much is like 10 or 18 or 8 raidus i can't that stuff Radius:S can some1 teach me or osmething bytheway i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will fucking donate when i can if u can wait 3 years:p but please explain

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  24. Offline

Drat333

Yes it does. I just realized that I'm not up to date with your godly plugin :confused: I'll see if it works once I figure out which plugin is raping my server -__-

25. Offline

meggawatts

3d Rotation brush?

26. Offline

przerwap

Yeah we got one of those ;)

I'll move that file to plugins/VoxelSniper

27. Offline

Phealoon

I downloaded the plugin and it still says version 4.616 and not 4.621.

28. Offline

Wurstfabrik

Blah, i wish i wouldn't lag like hell on voxelbox, i really want to visit the lowlands to take a inspiring look at your voxelsniper-creations. I am really impressed from the few screenshots and the video i saw (and i don't like the VoxelPort-Wait-an-hour-mechanics :p)
    Well, the update is nice as hell, i like the new stuff :)

Just some little more suggestions:
    I really like that you can now snipe through water, but can you add some more water/lava-stuff? Maybe a /fixwater-command like worldedit has it, so i can completly get rid of it? It's really the only function i need from worldedit since i got used to voxelsniper. Maybe not add it as command, but as brush, so we can use the long-range-mechanic for it. I am aware of the ice-disc-method, but its a little bit unpractical compared to worldedit.

A better way of removing water would also be nice. It sucks to click-spam with /b br /v 0 /vr 8/9 until all water is gone... is this possible in a better way?

29. Offline

adde

why do all my mobs spawns inside a block and dies?? bug maybe? fix please!

30. Offline

przerwap

Its minecraft-time, therefore 1 hour = 50 seconds realtime.

31. Offline

Wurstfabrik

Oh, then it must have been lagrelated or something, i stood there for 5 minutes and then i got bored of waiting :D
    Look at my edit, made some suggestions.
    And the link seems broken. :)