[EDIT/FUN/MISC] AdvancedShears v 1.3 - Cut through more blocks and mobs [953-1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by JoshuaBehrens, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

AdvancedShears
    Version: 1.3
    Official Website (updated first) : AdvancedShears

This plugin gives the shears more functions. Its now possible to cut more leather of cows, more bacon of pigs and eggs of chickens. You can also get everytime flints using shears, get the shrubs and grass and added the ability to place them.
    Since 1.2 you can also cut glass, bookshelves, ladders, tnt, jack'o'lanterns and sticky pistons and get the used items back. You can also cut saplings down to get seeds and sticks and cut just the upper layer of slabs down to replace them on an other place.
    There is also a support for different ways for permissions. In all plugins of mine using devbukkit 770+ will have a property called permissions with four different options :
    1. CONFIG - Only use the plugin's configuration-file
    2. BUKKIT - Use bukkit's build-in permission-system
    3. PLUGIN - Use the permissions plugin
    4. OP - Only operators can use the plugin
    To change the range and the possibilty for everyone to use it (ignoring the Permissions) edit the '/plugins/AdvancedShears/config.yml'. Original file:
    Show Original Configuration
    Code:
    all_on_mobs: true
    all_on_blocks: true
    leaves_radius: 3
    infinity_sheep: true
    mob_drop_chance: 50
    Video from me about Version 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.
    Show Video
    Show Permission Nodes

• advancedshears.mobs.cow - Ability to earn leather of cows using shears.
    • advancedshears.mobs.chicken - Ability to earn eggs of chicken using shears.
    • advancedshears.mobs.pig - Ability to earn pork of pigs using shears.
    • advancedshears.mobs.slime - Ability to earn slimeballs of slimes using shears.
    • advancedshears.mobs.sheared_sheep - Ability to earn wool of sheeps using shears even if their already sheared.
    • advancedshears.blocks.leaves_radius - Ability to drop a whole sphere of leaves using shears.
    • advancedshears.blocks.gravel - Ability to drop flints of gravel using shears.
    • advancedshears.blocks.bushes - Ability to drop grass and shrubs using shears.
    • advancedshears.blocks.tnt - Ability to drop gunpowder of tnt using shears.
    • advancedshears.blocks.glass - Ability to drop glass of glass using shears.
    • advancedshears.blocks.sapling - Ability to drop sticks and seeds of saplings using shears.
    • advancedshears.blocks.slabs - Ability to drop just the upper slab of a doubled slab saplings using shears.
    • advancedshears.blocks.bookshelf - Ability to drop books and planks of bookshelves using shears.
    • advancedshears.blocks.ladder - Ability to drop sticks of ladders using shears.
    • advancedshears.blocks.jack_o_lantern - Ability to drop torchs and pumpkins of jack'o'lanterns using shears.
    • advancedshears.blocks.sticky_piston - Ability to drop slimeballs of sticky pistons using shears.
    • advancedshears.blocks.tnt_nerverexplode - Ability to break tnt without activating it without shears.

Version 1.3 (Download)
    • Added tnt activation, when it's not mined with shears
    • Added multi-permissions
    • Enhanced leaves-break algorythm
    • Fixed permission bug
    • Compiled with references on devBukkit 770 and Permissions 3.1 for Craftbukkit 1000
    Version 1.2 (Download)
    • Added configuration-node 'mob_drop_chance' and a lot of permission-nodes to decide whether the added blocks can be used
    • Added other behaviours on shelves, tnt, glass, saplings, sticky pistons and slabs when using shears
    • Compiled with references on devBukkit 754 and Permissions 3.1 for Craftbukkit 953
    Show old changelogs and downloads
    Version 1.1 (Download)
    • Added configuration-node 'infinity-sheep' and permission-node 'advancedshears.mobs.sheared_sheep' to decide whether sheared sheeps shall drop wool too
    • Compiled with references on devBukkit 754 and Permissions 3.1 for Craftbukkit 953
    Version 1.0 (Download)
    • Permission-Nodes added
    • Made shears better
    • Added file for configurations

iarspider and kahlilnc like this.
  2. Offline

Pythros

Oh. Any word when your update is up?

3. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

I can upload it, but there are no changes but this and the tnt thing.

4. Offline

Pythros

Just found this out by my players, I guess the shears don't take durability with this on?

5. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

There was an infinity-bug, but this is fixed. I don't know whether I fixed it already or just in the dev-build.

6. Offline

Pythros

I'm using 1.2 so maybe just the dev-build?

7. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

Ok, I'm checking the whether I got all new things in it and upload it. There will be no video, because of the less changes.
    Just have a look in a few hours.

Requested tiny update is out.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  8. Offline

Pythros

Perhaps you should provide a static name for the most recent jar? I can see people downloading it automatically and not changing the file name thus having multiple versions of your plug-in running at once [creeper]

9. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

Should not be my problem when administrator can't keep up their server properly, but I understand your problem. I'm thinking of putting this in my download-script.

10. Offline

bartbergmans

Groups that dont have any permissions to use the plugin can still use it? How to fix this?

11. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

Use v 1.3 or change the configuration (the nodes are self-explainatory). In 1.3 this is fixed. Didn't you read the latest changelog or the post above ? Otherwise do this next time.

12. Offline

bartbergmans

I use v 1.3, and to what I have my configuration?
    It now is the default config.yml
    I already tried to give the Builder group the permission "- - advancedshears.*"

13. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

Set all_*** to false and check whether you have set the permission-node right. I don't know whether the space between the second hyphen and "advancedshears.*" makes any different without. I would remove permissions with "- -advancedshears.*".

14. Offline

bartbergmans

How to disable it that people can enable TNT with their hands?

15. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

remove the node "advancedshears.tnt_nerverexplode". There is a doubled mistake by me. You can only activate tnt when you have this node and there is a spelling mistake I just saw :(

16. Offline

Pythros

Ummm... It's me again.
    These nodes are set:
    Code:
        - advancedshears.blocks.bookshelf
        - advancedshears.blocks.bushes
        - advancedshears.blocks.glass
        - advancedshears.blocks.jack_o_lattern
        - advancedshears.blocks.ladder
        - advancedshears.blocks.sapling
        - advancedshears.blocks.slabs
        - advancedshears.blocks.sticky_piston
        - advancedshears.blocks.tnt
    This is the config:
    Code:
    infinity_sheep: false
    all_on_mobs: false
    leaves_radius: 1
    Glass, bookshelf, tnt, etc, don't drop the shears drop. It just behaves normally. Even I with * permissions still does nothing special? I'm on AS 1.3 in CB 1034. No errors in the logs from what I can tell.

Edit: Just did a double take at the logs and saw this:
    Code:
    02:45:52 [INFO] [AdvancedShears] Enabled.
    02:45:52 [INFO] [AdvancedShears] You are running version 1.3.
    02:45:52 [INFO] [AdvancedShears] Only OPs got permissions to use this plugin.
    I have Permissions? Why is it doing OPs only????

17. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

It should generate a configuration-option called 'permissions' set it in your case to 'PLUGIN'.

18. Offline

Pythros

In the config file? I had to stop and start the server in order for the new config to show as reloading the plugins didn't.

Code:
    10:23:19 [INFO] [AdvancedShears] Enabled.
    10:23:19 [INFO] [AdvancedShears] You are running version 1.3.
    10:23:19 [INFO] [AdvancedShears] Only OPs got permissions to use this plugin.

New config:
    Code:
    infinity_sheep: true
    all_on_mobs: true
    leaves_radius: 3

19. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

Just add the node 'permissions: PLUGIN'

20. Offline

bartbergmans

Only OPs can use it but in the config it says PLUGIN
    I have Groupmanager for permissions

21. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

sry but currently the (old Phoenix) Permissions since 2.8. I thought when I'm talking about the permissions-plugin it's obvious that I'm talking about the "Permissions"-plugin. But I can add Groupmanager in my permission-system.

22. Offline

SaTaNoD

Cool Plugin!!!

23. Offline

G1R Productions

Hey add it so you can cut metal fences faster, like metal cutters.

24. Offline

JoshuaBehrens

I got a lot of new things in the dev-version. Please be kind and wait a bit longer ;) 1.9 is pre-included ;)