Inactive [EDIT] Biome v0.3.1 - Change biomes [Permissions] [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Nightgunner5, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Nightgunner5

Biome - Change biomes
    Version: v0.3.1

Have you ever wanted it to snow in the desert? How about having ghasts and zombie pigmen in your forests? Well, now you can, weirdo.

Download - Source Code

Use the /biome command:
    /biome set [biome name] sets the biome in the chunk you're standing in. (Permission: biome.set.chunk)
    /biome get tells you what biome you're standing in. (Permission: biome.get)
    /biome clear returns the biomes in the chunk you're standing in to their natural state. (Permission: biome.clear.chunk)
    /biome list gives you a list of biomes you can use. (Permission: biome.list)

Having WorldEdit installed on your server adds the ability to use:
    /biome set-selection [biome name], which sets the biome for every (x, z) value in your WorldEdit selection (Permission: biome.set.selection), and
    /biome clear-selection, which turns every (x, z) value in your WorldEdit selection back to its original state. (Permission: biome.clear.selection)

Changelog:
    Version 0.3.1
    • Fixes a bug that would cause Biome not to work on worlds loaded by plugins before Biome initializes
    Version 0.3 (541 downloads)
    • Permissions support. OPs will still get access to all commands.
    • Stopped reporting the wrong biome in Nether and Skylands.
    • Allow global biomes to be set on a per-world basis, configurable in plugins/Biome/config.yml
    Version 0.2 (415 downloads)
    • Added /biome set-selection and /biome clear-selection, which require WorldEdit to be installed.
    • Changed data storage format to allow for sub-chunk accuracy. Old data will be converted seamlessly.
    • WorldEdit is not required, but will allow /biome *-selection commands if it is available.
    Version 0.1 (43 downloads)
    • Released plugin
    • Called everyone a weirdo

Inscrutable likes this.
  2. Offline

mooman219

You should give a list of acceptable biome names,

ie, Nether,Forest,Plains, Etc. We have no idea what to type into the biome name box.

3. Offline

Nightgunner5

That's what /biome list is for. :)

4. Offline

FuzzyWuzzie

This looks great, I'll try it out!

5. Offline

mooman219

* Face palm* My mistake

6. Offline

gsand

So, erm.

I did /biome set Forest in a desert, then did /weather stormy(commandbook), and nothing happened.

Am I doing it wrong?

7. Offline

Alesana

Awesome, i'll try it tomorrow ... it's too late now! :p

8. Offline

rominos2

I tried /biome get --> SwampLand
    Then /biome set tundra --> OK
    and then /biome get --> Again SwampLand

What have I done wrong ?
    But it's still an very interesting plugin (For my Seasons plugin)

thepackett and bellardie like this.
  9. Offline

Lolmewn

this is Very Interesting.

10. Offline

jonassm

dont work

11. Offline

Pencil

So i can go into the desert, change it to snow and when it rains it will snow? :3 Can someone make a vid and prove it works? Would be awesome if it would! :)

12. Offline

Shadowfox

Well, i was looking for something like this for a long Time. So when i saw it i've installed it directly and this works for me! I don't got a video to 'proof' it to you, but a screenshot will do it too! (It does snow in the Desert chunk, but I think that's because of a Seasons plugin.)

[​IMG]

But anyways, I like the plugin very much but could you make it work with a tool aswell? I don't want to type "/biome set ****" in like every chunk of my world. It would be much easier if I could click the chunks that I would change.

13. Offline

Jobsti

Very interesting..... but doesn't work in sky-biomes.
    Edit: Nothing works ;-)

14. Offline

Nightgunner5

If you were standing on a chunk boundary, it may have been raining behind you.

I just tried
    Code:
    /biome get
    /biome set swampland
    /biome get
    /biome clear
    and I couldn't reproduce your problem... Sorry.
    [​IMG]

Could you be a little more specific?

A video would be hard to do because weather happens randomly. However, there are some pictures above and I'll provide a few pictures of my own: My friend thought it would be cool if it snowed at their house a while back, so after I built this plugin, I changed the biomes of the chunks near their house to Tundra.
    [​IMG]
    Here's another picture that shows more obviously where chunk boundaries are.
    [​IMG]
    Of course, the effects don't happen immediately. These pictures were taken today, and the command was used yesterday night.

I wonder if I could hook into WorldEdit's selection tool... That way, biome setting wouldn't be limited to whole chunks, and some interesting polygons could be created.

15. Offline

jonassm

Same as rominos then

16. Offline

Jelle

Maybe u could add a standard biome, so you only get one biome.
    So if you only want snow, then at the whole world only snow will be there.
    Do you understand what i mean?

Like: /biome standardset [biome]

And then all the not edited biomes with this plugin will turn in that biome.

Walliance likes this.
  17. Offline

rominos2

@Nightgunner5
    Now it functions a bit more ^^
    /biome set functions but it's still not snowing in a tundra biome

bellardie likes this.
  18. Offline

Nightgunner5

I think this would be better as a configuration key as it would only exist once per world. I'll see what I can do.

I just installed CommandBook, and I see what you mean after using the /weather command. I'll look into how Minecraft chooses weather effects.

19. Offline

Jobsti

I'm admin with '*' on GroupManager (2.4), biomes 0.2, newest wg, #953
    [​IMG]

20. Offline

rominos2

@Nightgunner5
    No No No Don't use CommandBook, use Seasons plugin ^^
    It's much better
    Thanks for lookin into that because it would be cool to collaborate to integrate a part of your plugin in my Seasons plugin
    A long time people want that

thepackett and bellardie like this.
  21. Offline

Nightgunner5

It seems that because weather is a world-wide effect, the biomes are also computed by the client, and that's where snow vs rain comes in. Because of this, making it visually snow in the desert is impossible without a client mod. However, the server-side effect of snowfall still happens, so instead of snow, you'll have something similar to freezing rain. The snow caps will appear just as if it was a snow biome, but rain will fall instead of snow. This also means that it's impossible to make it rain in the desert, but snow can still appear.

That doesn't look like Biome 0.2 - the command list looks like the one from 0.1. Try downloading 0.2 again.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  22. Offline

Electry

/biome set forest
    Set this chunk's biome to Forest
    /biome get
    The biome you are standing in is Tundra

Doesn't work for me

23. Offline

VolkovTheGreat

/biome set-selection [biome name], which sets the biome for every (x, z) value in your WorldEdit selection, and
    /biome clear-selection, which turns every (x, z) value in your WorldEdit selection back to its original state.

does not work for me :/
    when I do /biome set-selection Desert, it just returns me with the "/biome <set type:list:whatever..."

24. Offline

Shadowfox

Yeah got the same problem.

25. Offline

Pla

Me too..

26. Offline

morizuki

suggestion.. can you make into .yml?? so we can edit the x y z through notepad?? sometimes, when I'm trying to select a large amount of chunk, and changing the biome, it will hung my server and disconnect me..

27. Offline

Liger_XT5

I've been waiting for this plugin for a long time! Now I can get rid of the random snow spots around spawn, now it's all green and welcomey for newcomers! :D

Ok, that sounded cheesey. I do have a question, and I'm just asking this because I know some of the players on my server love to exploit their abilities...
    This plugin allows everyone, or just OPs to use the command? Since there is no permissions settings for either Permissions or it's own permissions list. I wouldn't mind if it was OPs only.

28. Offline

Crapogeo

Ok, good idea but :
    It doesn't works for me :s
    [diamond]

29. Offline

Nightgunner5

For everyone who has this problem: Make sure you're on version 0.2 of Biome. The set-selection and clear-selection commands were not available yet in 0.1. If /biome responds with the command list, that means you used an unknown command or incorrectly.

Just how large are the areas? Biome saves locations as a set of (x, z) coordinates to make lookups fast.

It's OP only.

30. Offline

morizuki

X1: 207
    Z1: -894
    X2: -256
    Z2: -1536

something like that..