Economic overview plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by semibreve42, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Offline

semibreve42

So I was thinking about the way iConomy economies operate, and I realized it would be really handy to have a plugin that provides an "economic overview" - basically it would count up the total cash in the economy (everyone's iConomy bank accounts added together) and compare that to the total fungible (as in, not buried deep underground) precious ores and such - heres why.

Currently to prevent in game inflation or deflation you need to ideally balance out the value of newly mined ore (specifically iron and diamond) with more currency. If you have nothing generating new currency, then your currency will deflate until diamond blocks are worth less then one coin. On the other hand, if your method for generating new currency (like the MonsterHunt plugin, or whatever) is outpacing your rate of iron and diamond discovery, then you will have inflation.

an economic overview plugin would allow you to see the current ratio of precious blocks to currency, and how that changes over time, giving a watchful admin the ability to change the rate at which new cash is created so as to prevent inflation or deflation.

The plugin itself would be simple (I think, I'm not really familiar with the Bukkit or iConomy API's). It would, when the command to use it is given, add up the total currency in the world, and divide the number of diamond or iron or a ratio of both by that number. The ores would be counted by counting the number in people's inventory and the number of solid diamond or iron blocks in the world. That ratio could then be displayed to the op/admin, or written to a file daily so that the change over time can be easily seen.

Do I think about this too much? :)