[ECON/WEB] VirtualShop v3.0 - Fight Communism with Free Market. #1 Shop Plugin now with WebUI [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SwearWord, May 28, 2011.

1. Offline

SwearWord

2. Offline

SwearWord

use latest version

3. Offline

mario00037

Getting a SEVERE on startup.

Code:
    14:17:57 [SEVERE] java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://usage.blockface.org/update.php?name=Craftbukkit&build=b115&plugin=VirtualShop&port=25565&hash=20890a62-6db1-41d5-9ca5-ca44a58e1697&bukkit=git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1131-g86b7fa8-b1337jnks (MC: 1.8.1) [0m
    14:17:57 [SEVERE] at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1401) [0m
    14:17:57 [SEVERE] at org.blockface.stats.CallTask.postUrl(CallHome.java:96) [0m
    14:17:57 [SEVERE] at org.blockface.stats.CallTask.run(CallHome.java:81) [0m
    14:17:57 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34) [0m
    14:17:57 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679) [0m
    14:17:57 [INFO] Could not call home. [0m

4. Offline

123abt

I'm getting the same error too.

5. Offline

Jackzilla88

Has anyone checked this, and the GUI, against the latest Spoutcraft client and server versions? The newest update fixed several GUI issues in other plugins, and I need to know if this one is before I download.

6. Offline

SwearWord

People have forked this plugin, there will be updated versions soon.

7. Offline

Jackzilla88

Thank God, I almost switched to the clearly communist BetterShop (almost no user-set-prices :O)

8. Offline

owenftw

Tested this out and looks awesome :D

9. Offline

RG_PankO

@SwearWord something I asked 2-3 months ago was a multi world support.
    Meaning if you dig diamonds in world1 you can sell them to players ONLY in world1. Players fro world2 see offers ONLY from players that put that offer in world2. And the inventories are separated, ofc. The idea is that you should not be able to bring items from 1 world to another.
    Becouse in the start of a world, let's say, 10 iron is 10 bucks. But ina few weeks you can buy 10 diamonds for 10 bucks. So it is really inportant to keep the world separated.

Another request I've made 2-3 months ago was that when you try to sell something you should get 5% comision for the auction house or your offer should be in the market for ATLEAST 24 hours. Why? Becouse now people sell stuff for crazy amount of money - like 10 axes for 231489174 dollars and no one buys them, ofc, But whenever they want they just type /cance axes and they get they axes in they hands as they are in the mine and they should walk back to their home or something but they exploit the VS and just use it as INFINITE inventory.

Also there is mentioned a web interface that has no working DL link on the net...

Any progress at these inportant things?

10. Offline

RG_PankO

@SwearWord becouse of you I fucked up my iconomy.

I have a free build world and a no survival one.
    Thx to you and not working the permissions of the plugin people from free build world stil lcan sell stuff.

Just Greate!

11. Offline

SwearWord

@RG_PankO
    Permissions work fine, you should learn how to use them. All commands are on by default for convenience, if you want to disable them you have to negate them. Most decent admins test their permissions instead of just blindly assuming they work, I am not at fault here at all. If you can't take the time to read up and learn how something works, I suggest you quit hosting a server.

Your self-entitlement is that of someone who's paid me, if you want to be upset, feel free to hire me for my services and then you can be as mad as you want.

12. Offline

RG_PankO

@SwearWord 1st - sry for the rage.
    2nd - I use the VS for more then 3 months now.
    It's permissions were virtualshop.nosell and virtualshop.nobuy - so people can not use it in xx world- and they worked. I set these settings to all the world except the one that I wanted the plugin to work on.

But according to last update and it's permissions here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/virtualshop/pages/permissions-and-commands/
    The new permissions are virtualshop.buy, virtualshop.sell etc and has to be set only on the world I want them to work on.
    They are not working. Eve people without the permissions.sell still can sell stuff. As it's mentioned in the comments by @gwinans on the same page - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/virtualshop/pages/permissions-and-commands/

13. Offline

SwearWord

Again. They are on by default for everyone.

- "-virtualshop.buy"

To prevent buying.

14. Offline

RG_PankO

It worked :)
    Well the old perms were nobuy, which is intuitive, but with this .buy I expect to have to give it..
    Anyway, again - thx :)

15. Offline

sajjad

Dose this plugin conflict with buycraft?

16. Offline

xeNium

17. Offline

GhostBSD

Are you going release the source code? I'd really like to extend this plugin for my server, and I didn't see a link on your dev page.

For instance, I'd like to have the gold exchange back, but with a bit more sophistication. I'd like gold rates to be dependent on the amount of money currently in circulation. I also want the price of gold to be dependent on the amount of gold actually in the exchange.

I'd like to remove the confusing database keywords. Ex. someone is selling wood, virtual shop says tree. Some people may get confused, and think what's being sold is a sapling. I also find it annoying that the majority of items have several names which they can be referred to.

May I suggest GPLv2 or the BSD license?

18. Offline

SwearWord

@GhostBSD
    I'm planning to remake this in a few weeks. Also the "confusing keywords" are easily changed. Just look at the items.csv I'm the VirtualShop folder.

19. Offline

GhostBSD

@GhostBSD

I know the keywords can get changed. I was just bringing that up to your attention.

Is this plugin, or the remake going to be released under a non-proprietary license? I'd be interested in viewing and editing the source code. If not, I'll just write my own.

EDIT: Or can I have permission to decompile your .class files?

20. Offline

SwearWord

21. Offline

zcleaver

Update please? lol

22. Offline

xeNium

This is inactive i will search the new one ~_~

23. Offline

zcleaver

Okay.

24. Offline

HWei

Looking forward to the rewritten one. I like this plugin very much. :)

25. Offline

MAKroy

looks like a good plugin - I'd be happy to use it, but concerned to see lack of involvement in updating this thread? Inactive? 1185 is old. And Bukkit Dev states no update to any plugins since 29th October? RL has interfered methinks.

26. Offline

GhostBSD

I reviewed your code, and it's okay. I do see some minor inefficiency problems in your code though. I would be interested in helping with your new rewrite, just bare with my coding. I'm learning the java and bukkit api at the moment, and I'm an old C/C++ programmer.

27. Offline

xeNium

So make it! ~_~ This is the best shop ever i found in bukkit! Other plugins just make for server or maybe for player too But it not lightweight

The PC Tech Guy likes this.
  28. Offline

GhostBSD

I can make a plugin, but it's not going to be better than this. I'm relatively new to the bukkit api, and java. It would be better if I just help the original developer. His experience with both java and bukkit, and my understanding of low-level programming would make a better plugin.

The PC Tech Guy likes this.
  29. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

Well maybe you can help fill in the holes as I heard that it is somewhat broken (see BukkitDev) until he gets back.

30. Offline

PcPocket

Sorry for the bump, but anyone has the download link for the web interface? I would reaaaaly appreciate it @_@

31. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

search "VirtualShopGUI" on BukkitDev.