[ECON] Pay to Access Areas

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by 2Bucks, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Offline

2Bucks

This will be a plugin used with iConomy (and even support WorldGuard regions, PreciousStone regions, and Guild areas), where players can set areas of land that cost currency to enter.
    When players approach the area, they are stopped and the Console prompts them

"/access [area name] to enter? cost is [x amount of currency]

and they just type the command to access. the access time will be set by the people who created the area. the player will be able to roam until their access time is nearing a halt, at which point they will be asked to renew and if they dont, they are teleported back to spawn (similar to when a border is set in borderguard)

this could also work with opening doors. when a door is set to charge money, players are prompted to pay when they hit the switch. could even be incorporated to charge to access minetrack/minecart stations.

2. Offline

ursa_arcadius

Why would you want people to have to pay to get into an area? I don't think anyone would care enough about what is in that area to give you their hard earned money.

3. Offline

Bilkokuya

So long as the recipient was configurable I can see a lot of uses for this (i.e. if I can set a region to give money to a player, and a different region to just pay the server/remove money).
    For example, public transport systems on iConomy RP servers will never really work unless money can be removed.

4. Offline

RedPoptarts

A mod like this could actually be useful if you wanted users to be able to make challenges (like a dungeon, maze, etc) and generate a profit when users attempt to solve their puzzle (which would have a prize at the end to entice them to play in the first place). This would actually make it more lucrative for users so they're not just spending all of their own money to put a valuable enough prize at the end, part or all of the cost could be covered by admissions.

I'm sure it could be used for plenty of other interesting applications as well.

5. Offline

dougdashwitz

This plugin has huge potential for the above mentioned as well as something like a hotel, now that there are beds and the like. Or a store that has a bunch of supplies could charge to use the "workroom" a room in which there could be furnaces with coal, workbenches, an anvil (if you run mcmmo/craftbook) and so on.

Has anyone tried to take this on? if i knew coding a bit better i might attempt it, however i would be lost with my limited knowledge

6. Offline

Codisimus

Ik its not exactly wut your asking but my plugin Turnstile allows charging players to enter an area