[ECON/MISC] ATM v1.8b2 - ATM signs for all MAJOR economies. [Permissions] [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by ChrizC, May 24, 2011.

1. Offline

ChrizC

ATM v1.8b2
    Tested with CraftBukkit recommended build 1000
    [​IMG]
    **Please note: this plugin requires an ECONOMY PLUGIN in order to display bank balances etc. This plugin will NOT provide you with an economy system**
    **NOTE: There is currently a clash between iConomy and Essentials. If you have Essentials installed, please disable the economy when using iConomy**
    [​IMG]

ATM is now supported, maintained and updated on BukkitDev. Click HERE for the project.

Xaostica, kahlilnc and codename_B like this.
  2. Offline

Dope

Cool, might be a nice little addon to add to my bank and in major cities :)

Thanks, I'll give this a try tomorrow!

3. This looks really sweet! I've always wanted a plug-in like this, to allow me to set up physical banks in the world. I'll try it out soon.

4. Offline

codename_B

5. Offline

kahlilnc

Can't wait till the withdrawl and deposit comes. :D

6. Offline

nickkeane

Cool mod, bro.

Some Suggestions:
    - Support for optional per-use charges. If there is a charge, it should be deposited into the bank's funds.
    - Support for optional overdrawing fees when a bank account is/becomes less-than-empty.
    - Is the '[Active]' field supposed to display '[Inactive]' when an account with a bank has been closed or simply does not exist?

7. Offline

DragoFlyrr

Good mod!

I would use it... if i used iConomy much...

-Drago

8. Offline

ChrizC

Hi there.

I'm not sure how the per-use charges would work. I might add that to withdrawal/deposits, with a percentage charge on them (configurable).

The overdraft sounds very nice and I think I would like to implement that, but I'll have to look into that.

No, because the bank is only checked for account/existence at sign creation, it will not auto-update. I may look into a feature of when a player clicks on the sign, it checks for the bank/account existence, and if they don't exist, the sign auto-updates.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Chris

9. Offline

RaCooN

Hahahah, I like this! Building a huge, wall-street-like bank has just become interesting! Ty

10. please let us change the trigger word (ATM) by another in config.
    (in some countries ATM doesn't mean anything, France included.)

11. Offline

ChrizC

I'll sort that out for you as soon as I get in from college.

Chris

12. Offline

Zacky1

I use iConomy on my server. So this means i can use this plugin?! but the only problem is that it creates only private accounts.... and deos not create a Bank.
    So how could this work? :O

Hello?! How does this work with iConomy?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  13. Offline

GmK

Great stuff, just tested and works great.

I'll put it onto our live server as soon as withdrawal/depositing is in!

Btw, I am wondering, does this support @TAT s BankAccount plugin? It doesnt use register or anything, so my guess would be no.

14. Offline

ChrizC

First off, get some patience. You'll make no friends by asking the same question again after only waiting two hours.
    Plugin Developers have lives too. At the moment, ATM only supports BANK accounts. However, I am looking into the possibility of allowing private accounts.

Currently, this plugin only supports Bank accounts in the major economies that use Register. Because I use register to get all the details, this means that if your favourite economy service doesn't use Register, I will not be able to hook into them. Nag the authors to include Register - it really will help them gain more users.

Chris

15. Offline

Nazerb

16. A noob question -- what's Register, and does iConomy's built in bank feature use it?

17. Offline

ChrizC

In the works.

Register is a developer's API which allows us to connect to all the major economies. So, yes, iConomy is supported.

I could do this, however, the plugin name would still be ATM. Also, this method prevents over-riding another plugin. Apologies, you'll just have to explain to your users, if you wish to use this plugin.

New version now supports in-hand accounts.

Chris

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

18. Offline

Zacky1

kk so i do on the sign:

[ATM]
    [Global or Public]
    [what here]

And can u gimme a link toRegister :)

19. Offline

ChrizC

On the sign, put:
    [ATM] as the first line (ALWAYS)
    Global OR Personal OR Private (depending on which sign you want. Global lets all users check their balances for a bank. Personal lets you check your balance for a bank (other users can't use your sign). Private lets you check your in-hand balance (other users can't use the sign)) as the second line.
    If you want a Private sign, leave the third line blank. Otherwise, put in the name of the bank you want to link the sign to (case sensitive)
    Leave the fourth line blank.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/re...all-payment-methods-economy-api-stable.16849/

Chris

20. Offline

Zacky1

Okay so now that i have iCOnomy and Register, what do i do? I create a bank account? (how) XD
    Then i create the sign ect....

21. Offline

ChrizC

You don't need Register unless you are a plugin developer. I wouldn't suggest putting the Register JAR in your plugin folder, either.
    I'm not a support service for iConomy, so view their tutorial from their plugin page.

Chris

22. Offline

nickkeane

If you can't get the sign to update automagically, why not replace [Active]/[Inactive] with operation keywords, like [Withdraw], [Deposit], and [Balance]? The sign can then throw back a message to console saying "INVALID OPERATION: This account is/has been closed" when operated on if a bank is closed instead. Then, you can right-click to cycle through the operations and left-click to perform the operation currently shown on the sign.

I suppose you would still need console commands for specified monetary transfers, but the sign based withdraw/deposit could just do a fixed transfer, of say 100 Dollars or something, and have the value be changeable in a config file.

23. Offline

ChrizC

In the latest version, it checks the existence of the account/bank in question, and if it doesn't exist, updates the [Active] tag to [Inactive]

Chris

24. Offline

ashour

Thanks for the plugin :) im glad you took my idea and made it come true! thanks chrizc!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Offline

Zacky1

Never mind :) I get ur plugin very well i jsut didnt get how to set it up! but now i got it! SUPER mega epic plugin thanks! :)

would there be a possibility to do an ATM were it displays your inHand money?

26. Offline

BioRage

My idea is very rough, however.

Would there be a way to limit user's from using /money commands, and make them use ATM's - force them -

Idea: Hypothetically
    User has to be infront of the atm to do /money pay <name> <amount>

27. Offline

Zacky1

Lol crazy idea but hey everyone has their server needs :p
    I also like the idea that you do "Money" or "balance" or "inhand" to display what the /money command displays :p

28. Offline

ChrizC

Create a Private sign
    ([ATM]
    Private
    <blank>
    <blank>)

I'm not sure. To do this, I'd have to completely override the economy system.
    I would've thought some economy plugins let you disable the commands?
    I'm not sure. I'll look into it.

Chris

29. Offline

Shalobee

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but i am using iConomy 5.0.1 and the sign creates properly because the private sign works just fine but when i make a bank one it says that i don't have an account with that bank but I know for sure i am spelling the bank name correctly. Can you think of anything that I may be missing?

one thought that I am trying as soon as i can get it working with my bank accounts right is using MCDocs to override the /bank command you could do something similar just make a bank.txt that basically says you must use an ATM for this action and when someone types /bank then they get that message instead of using bank. I have tested it and it overrides it I now just got to figure out what I am doing wrong. I want to make ppl go to the bank to deposit money cause on my server you lose 50% of whats in your pocket if you die so to add challenge i want to make a physical bank and there doesn't seem to be an iconomy wrapper or anything out there. This looks very promising though I am hoping its just a bug with iConomy or ATM. Is anyone else using iConomy 5.0.1 and not having any problems?

30. Offline

Zacky1

I had the same problem :) Do /bank ? or /bank help
    then create the bank: /bank create [Bank Name Here]
    then you have to JOIN the bank: /bank join [Bank Name]
    Then you create a sign
    [ATM]
    Global:private:ect...
    [Bank Name}
    <Blank>

If it doesnt work contact me ;)

Yes but like a
    [ATM]
    Global
    Private
    <Blank>

A private sign for everybody to use