[ECON] ChestShop

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by mike2033, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Offline

mike2033

Plugin category: Economy

Suggested name: Chest Shop

What I want: I know, there are a few ChestShops and I hope this plugin don't already exists because I didn't watch all of them.

My idea is: a plugin which allows you to create ChestShops. You have to put a small or a large chest and then you have to look at the chest and write: ( s = shop )

/s set ShopName ( This will set the Chest as a Shop )

After that, put ( for example ) 10 arrows in the chest. The plugin will ask you: ( in the chat )

"How much dollar you want for an arrow ( 262 )" ( 262 is the ID of the item )

Then you have to write:

/s 1.30 262

The plugin will automatically set it to 1.30$ peer arrow.

Why use the ID?: There would be some problems if somebody put some arrows, dirts and whatever in the box but don't write how much he want.

It would be a nice feature if you get a message if somebody bought something from your shop for example:

Gayplayer32 have bought 4 arrows from "ShopName" for 5.20$

The plugin should NOT use signs ( I don't like that :/ )

Ideas for commands: See above

Ideas for permissions: Permissions should be ->

- who can and who can't do shops
    - who can and who can't buy items

I hope everything is in the thread and I even hope somebody will do this plugin or just take a look at this thread. If something in this thread isn't correct or I forgot informations I will edit them

2. Offline

Ferkswe

I like the idea but how would you go about to buy things? Unless I misunderstood things you only mentioned how to set up a shop.

3. Offline

mike2033

Ah yeah. You are right I forgot that... But this should be easy - just take the item out of the chest and the plugin should automatically count your money and if you have enough it takes it and give that item to you :p

How did you read that so fast :D

Edit: Money = Vault

4. Offline

Ferkswe

Edit: Money = Vault

I've been wondering if it is actually possible to do something like that, the question is if it is possible for the bukkit api to "sense" when someone takes something from a chest.
    Hopefully someone can give us an answer to that. Let's wait and see.

5. Offline

zathrus

it is possible to track chest changes, LogBlock already does it - so I guess this plugin is doable

6. Offline

Ferkswe

I belive that those features are Spoutplugin dependant. Not sure.

7. Offline

zathrus

it's probably gonna be more vault-dependent than Spout... I know for a fact that LogBlock is not dependent on Spout at all and still provides chest access info

8. Offline

Ferkswe

9. Offline

zathrus

that is interesting... we're using LogBlock on our own server and we do not have Spout installed at all... and yet, I've got logs saying what people put into chests or taken out from them... but the dev of LogBlock left development a while ago, so I'm guessing dev.bukkit.org page is not updated?

10. Offline

Ferkswe

No idea, This is just confusing now. But I guess you win.

11. Offline

Superkabii

LogBlock was initially designed to use Spout for chest logging, however it can fallback to it's own system. In fact, I believe the Spout hook for chest logging in LB was removed a while back even.

Additionally: what's wrong with signs? Otherwise the players will have no way to know what price a shop is selling for without typing a command and punching the chest to see... other server admins see no problem with the enormously popular ChestShop.

12. Offline

zathrus

thank you for the clarification :)

13. Offline

Ferkswe

While there is no problem with using ChestShop, (I use signshops) it is still a cool idea to expand on and think about. Why would you have to type a command? Wouldn't it be possible to make it so that you just punch the chest and it tells you what items it sells and for what prices? And then you just grab what you want.

14. Offline

mike2033

Yes. I even think so and signs... I don't know - I find they're ugly and taking to much time. In my opinion it would be better without signs.

I'm not sure how to tell the price yet, but I'm sure there are any options.