[ECON] ChestShop 3.7.18 (iConomyChestShop) - Chest&sign shop for economy plugins [1.8]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Acrobot, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Acrobot

An easy way to create shops - no protection plugin needed!
    You don't need to be on-line to earn money anymore!
    [​IMG]
    I've put a LOT of effort into making this plugin,
    you can donate if you appreciate my effort =)

Requirements:
    - An economy plugin supported by Register or Vault, for example iConomy, BOSEconomy or Essentials Eco.
    Optional:
    - For additional economy plugin support - Vault
    - For Permissions: bPermissions, PEX, or any other permission plugin
    - For additional protection: LWC, Lockette, Deadbolt
    - For other item names (aliases): OddItem

Setup:
    Copy the .jar file from the .zip you downloaded into /plugins folder.
    You can also copy the example files if you want to generate statistics page.

Translations:
    You can change the plugin's language, here's a list of all user-made translations.
    If you want to update or submit a translation, feel free to PM me.
    Translations (open)

Arabic - Attarhsase2
    Bulgarian - Muff1Ncho
    Czech - LordPgsa
    Chinese (Simplified) - tab415263
    Danish - Cannafix
    Dutch - speedlegs
    French- DragonSlayer875
    German - RasCas
    Hungarian - Anachen
    Indonesian - Yahya98
    Italian - Massimo1993
    Korean - Zwing87
    Norwegian - _AlexN_ and TheUnkownGamer
    Polish - Holls1
    Portugese (Brasil) - FelipeMarques14
    Russian - VADemon from http://minemania.ru/
    Slovak - LordPgsa
    Slovenian - jEErc
    Spanish - thxaaaa
    Swedish - Maxell
    Turkish - Developer
    Traditional Chinese - hellboyincs
    Vietnamese - etrubi1 from http://minevn.com/

Permissions:
    How to create a ChestShop?
    - Place a chest, if you haven't already.
    - Place a sign 1 block near the chest (for example, above the chest)
    - On the sign, write:

[​IMG]
    (Item name can actually be item ID or alias)
    First line will be filled in by the plugin automatically.
    Price is a combination of buy and sell price.
    You have to have B near buy price (people buy from you), and S near sell price (people sell to you).
    If you have both B and S, separate them with a colon - :
    For example:
    [​IMG]

means that AcrobotPL wants to sell 64 diamonds for 10 currency, and buy them back from you for 5 currency.
    Also, if you put "free" instead of price, it is free to buy or sell :)

- Now, when you finish editing the sign, if LWC is turned on in config, shop will be automatically created.
    Also, if your default protection is turned on in the config, people won't be able to break chest, sign or the block the sign is on.

What is an Admin Shop?
    Admin shop is the shop that doesn't require a chest, because it has infinite stock.
    If you sell to it, the items will disappear, and if you buy from it, items will magically appear.
    To create one, you have to be Admin/OP. Just put "Admin Shop" (or anything specified in config file) on the first line of the sign.

Restricting shops to some groups or regions
    You can either use permissions, or you can just put a sign ABOVE shop sign (you need to be in that group to create the sign) to restrict it to players with ChestShop.group.groupName permission
    The syntax is:
    [restricted]
    firstGroupName
    2ndGroupName
    3rdGroupName
    Only those groups will be able to use that shop

To restrict a shop to some regions:
    - If you're using Towny, turn TOWNY_INTEGRATION on. Residents will be able to create shops in economy plots (either their or, if specified in config, any)
    - If you're using WorldGuard, you can use an experimental "chestshop" flag. Turn WORLDGUARD_INTEGRATION on and flag a region. (f.e. /region flag ChestShopRegion chestshop allow)

Do you want to limit the maximum prices for items?
    Well, there's an app.... wait, not that : P
    You can use an experimental feature in ChestShop.
    In your config.yml, add lines like:
    max-buy-price-5: 14
    max-sell-price-5: 15

That means that the maximum price for items BOUGHT by PLAYER is 14, and items SOLD by PLAYER using the shop is 15.

You can also use a global setting, like this:
    max-sell-price: 200

That means that the maximum price for items SOLD to PLAYER is 200 (if there is, for example, a max-sell-price-5 found, it will be used instead of the global sell price)

USING SHOPS
    You could buy and sell by right and left clicking the sign for a long time.
    Now it's the only way to use the shops.
    It's SIMPLE!
    Just LEFT-CLICK to SELL to shop, and
    RIGHT-CLICK to BUY from shop.
    (This can be changed in the config file)

DESTROYING SHOPS
    If you want to delete your old shop, simply SNEAK and destroy the sign.
    It's that easy =)

STOCKING THE SHOPS
    You can either open the chest and stock it up, or click on your own sign - it will open chest's inventory (that way you can have chests not openable by other people for sure :D)

ItemInfo command
    It's a simple command that shows item information.
    If you use it without any arguments, it shows you information about the item you're holding.
    If you specify item id or item name after the command, it will show you information about that item.

Source code
    ChestShop is Open-Source =)
    You can find its code on https://github.com/Acrobot/ChestShop-3

Thanks to:
    - kali876, ziomekYOYO and Herocraft server for testing the plugin and finding every little bug =)
    - Everyone who uses this plugin - really big thanks for this, I never thought it will be so popular
    - Everyone who provided translation - many people's lives will be easier now
    - @Nijikokun for Register
    - @LennardF1989 for awesome Persistence Reimplemented
    - @Temaska for fixing the plugin while I was on holidays
    - @VADemon for providing a great support for other users
    - @Euthyphro for his patience and really good bug spotting
    - vagrant326 for making a great price sheet
    - Epics for his great help
    :)
    If something's not working
    You can't change the sign color - that breaks the formatting.
    If that's not the issue, please give me this information, so I can help you faster.
    - CraftBukkit version (type /version in chat)
    - ChestShop version (type /csversion in chat)
    - Your economy plugin (iConomy? BOSEconomy? other one?)
    - Have you got any Permission plugin? Which one?

[​IMG]
    Changelog (open)

Changelog can be found on BukkitDev - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/chestshop/files/

2. Offline

Acrobot

3. Offline

andune

@Acrobot

Getting some database errors related to the ICS_transaction table: http://pastebin.com/giRdQjRi

Running 2.75, Bukkit #849, using mysql. Tempted just to drop my table and let it re-create, but wondering if you've ever seen this or if the stack trace helps point to any issues before I do that.

4. Offline

Tadas159

5. Offline

Acrobot

@Tadas159
    I uploaded fixed version that was still named 2.75

@morganm
    I hate EBean by now. Errors like this are common :/ Just drop the table, it's not important. Thanks for helping me, though :)

6. Offline

Cookieee

Hey, I am looking at this for a hopeful replacement to Citizens traders, as it is broken for a long time. I was wondering whether there was an option to set the items inside the chest to an infinite amount, possibly for admin shops only? Because I have multiple shops selling multiple items with Citizens, but recent problems mean people cannot buy/sell items to them, thus cannot gain money. Also, can a single chest sell multiple items? I really need this infinite item option, because it will get extremely annoying for me to restock the chest every time, as they can only buy things like armours and tools from certain traders.
    Another thing is that is it possible to get a chest to not add the stuff that is sold to it to the chest if infinite is set to true?
    Thanks!

7. Offline

Acrobot

@Cookieee
    Single chest cannot sell multiple items.
    Admin Shops do not even need a chest - they just take the items out of "air" :p - So, they are infinite
    Just type in
    "Admin Shop"
    or any variation of it, like
    "adminshop"

on the first line of a shop.

The non-filling chests option is also in the plugin :)
    Remember? Admin Shops do not need chests!

8. Offline

Cookieee

oooo this may prove VERY useful then, as I can just set up a crapload of signs in the shops! XD. Is there any chance you could make a feature to sell a set via 1 sign? For example, one of my NPCs sells armour sets, (along with swords). Could you make it a feature to be able to sell a ful lset of armour rather than a sign per piece? So, for example, I set up a sign to sell diamond armour sets, and I put into the last line "armour:diamond", and it'll sell the player all 4 pieces of the diamond armour for whatever price I set? Would be very useful for me, as the shops I have set up are not very big, and signs everywhere might confuse people! :D.

9. Offline

Acrobot

Yep, just not now please :)

10. Offline

Kainzo

11. Offline

Acrobot

@Kainzo
    That's due to useDB: true. (I think)
    It saves every transaction on server stop, but unfortunately, I can't really read this log :/
    Try changing useDB: to false.

12. Offline

Cookieee

Of course, I don't expect you to release an update right here and now, it would just be useful for me to have it in a future update =]

13. Offline

Kainzo

What effects in game will that cause if its not saving to a DB?

14. Offline

Acrobot

@Kainzo
    Hmm, it won't be possible to generate price list either from plugin or from custom-made script.
    But in PM you told me about something different, so this shouldn't be an issue.

15. Offline

Kainzo

16. Offline

xLoGiiKzZo

i already tried that :/ Does it have anything to do with Group Manager?Also i hve Permissions 2.5.1 installed does that hve anything to do with the problem?

17. Offline

nutlnw7410

Seems to be work with lwc 3.05

18. Offline

ray0911

I'm assuming you added the option in the recent update. If not i'll just wait for the next update. I know you've got a lot on your hands

19. Offline

MMagic

Suggestion:
    Could you create Market Signs? Signs who's prices fluctuate based on Buy/Sell ratio?

20. Offline

Hempa

I get [Permissions] You cant buy from shops!
    I cant get the permissions to work...

21. Offline

klumplum

Hello,
    I cannot let the people on my server use the /sell command (for essentials) because iconomychestshop also has a /sell command.
    Is there any way to disable this?
    I'd really like to know. Any help?

22. Offline

Acrobot

@ray0911
    Not yet - I'll add that in 3.0, which I think I'll beta-relase today.

@klumplum
    Open iConomyChestShop.jar with WinRAR/whatever, locate plugin.yml.
    There, change "sell" to "sellCS" or something like that, and save it back to the jar.

@Hempa
    What is your permission file?

@MMagic
    Yeah, that would be nice, however, it could be difficult to implement, as I use no database to store shops.

@xLoGiiKzZo
    As I said, the problem is that you have incorrect - older - .jar file.

23. Offline

Donny

Possible to trade items for items would be nice.

24. Offline

Acrobot

@Donny
    Yeah, but wait, I'm going to relase beta 3.0 just in few minutes.

25. Offline

Donny

A FEW minutes?!??!?! 8)

26. Offline

Acrobot

@Donny
    Yep, a few minutes. But remeber, it will be Beta - it SHOULD work, but it can be buggy - just PM me with your error if that's the case :)

27. Offline

Acrobot

28. Offline

djdelmar

Hi, I'm using ClanForge with a Bukkit profile. I installed iConomy and it works fine, I then installed iConomyChestShop but it doesn't work. I have made a chest and sign properly yet nothing happens. I have gone into server.properties and tried to enter iConomyChestShop in the plugins line along with iConomy (this was already there) but it won't save. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

29. Offline

Acrobot

@djdelmar
    Hey!
    I don't know ClanForge - do you have FTP access to the server? Do you get any errors in console?
    There shouldn't be any line in server.properties regarding any plugin, AFAIK.

30. Offline

djdelmar

No, I do not, although I can upload mods as .zip files. How do I check the 'console'.

This is the line in server properties:
    # Last line will always be plugins
    plugins=RemoteBukkit,iConomy

I have tried putting 'iconomychestshop' there but it doesn't save.

Clanforge says this:
    Some addons will automatically add configuration files to the profiles but may need you to include or add calls to your main server configuration file before they become active.

So I think this means the server.properties file?

31. Offline

Acrobot

@djdelmar
    Unfortunately, I do not know, but if you have access to server.log, look if there's any iConomyChestShop error.
    Also, did you upload my plugin as a .zip file, with config and everything?