[ECON] ChestShop 3.7.18 (iConomyChestShop) - Chest&sign shop for economy plugins [1.8]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Acrobot, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Acrobot

An easy way to create shops - no protection plugin needed!
    You don't need to be on-line to earn money anymore!
    [​IMG]
    I've put a LOT of effort into making this plugin,
    you can donate if you appreciate my effort =)

Requirements:
    - An economy plugin supported by Register or Vault, for example iConomy, BOSEconomy or Essentials Eco.
    Optional:
    - For additional economy plugin support - Vault
    - For Permissions: bPermissions, PEX, or any other permission plugin
    - For additional protection: LWC, Lockette, Deadbolt
    - For other item names (aliases): OddItem

Setup:
    Copy the .jar file from the .zip you downloaded into /plugins folder.
    You can also copy the example files if you want to generate statistics page.

Translations:
    You can change the plugin's language, here's a list of all user-made translations.
    If you want to update or submit a translation, feel free to PM me.
    Translations (open)

Arabic - Attarhsase2
    Bulgarian - Muff1Ncho
    Czech - LordPgsa
    Chinese (Simplified) - tab415263
    Danish - Cannafix
    Dutch - speedlegs
    French- DragonSlayer875
    German - RasCas
    Hungarian - Anachen
    Indonesian - Yahya98
    Italian - Massimo1993
    Korean - Zwing87
    Norwegian - _AlexN_ and TheUnkownGamer
    Polish - Holls1
    Portugese (Brasil) - FelipeMarques14
    Russian - VADemon from http://minemania.ru/
    Slovak - LordPgsa
    Slovenian - jEErc
    Spanish - thxaaaa
    Swedish - Maxell
    Turkish - Developer
    Traditional Chinese - hellboyincs
    Vietnamese - etrubi1 from http://minevn.com/

Permissions:
    How to create a ChestShop?
    - Place a chest, if you haven't already.
    - Place a sign 1 block near the chest (for example, above the chest)
    - On the sign, write:

[​IMG]
    (Item name can actually be item ID or alias)
    First line will be filled in by the plugin automatically.
    Price is a combination of buy and sell price.
    You have to have B near buy price (people buy from you), and S near sell price (people sell to you).
    If you have both B and S, separate them with a colon - :
    For example:
    [​IMG]

means that AcrobotPL wants to sell 64 diamonds for 10 currency, and buy them back from you for 5 currency.
    Also, if you put "free" instead of price, it is free to buy or sell :)

- Now, when you finish editing the sign, if LWC is turned on in config, shop will be automatically created.
    Also, if your default protection is turned on in the config, people won't be able to break chest, sign or the block the sign is on.

What is an Admin Shop?
    Admin shop is the shop that doesn't require a chest, because it has infinite stock.
    If you sell to it, the items will disappear, and if you buy from it, items will magically appear.
    To create one, you have to be Admin/OP. Just put "Admin Shop" (or anything specified in config file) on the first line of the sign.

Restricting shops to some groups or regions
    You can either use permissions, or you can just put a sign ABOVE shop sign (you need to be in that group to create the sign) to restrict it to players with ChestShop.group.groupName permission
    The syntax is:
    [restricted]
    firstGroupName
    2ndGroupName
    3rdGroupName
    Only those groups will be able to use that shop

To restrict a shop to some regions:
    - If you're using Towny, turn TOWNY_INTEGRATION on. Residents will be able to create shops in economy plots (either their or, if specified in config, any)
    - If you're using WorldGuard, you can use an experimental "chestshop" flag. Turn WORLDGUARD_INTEGRATION on and flag a region. (f.e. /region flag ChestShopRegion chestshop allow)

Do you want to limit the maximum prices for items?
    Well, there's an app.... wait, not that : P
    You can use an experimental feature in ChestShop.
    In your config.yml, add lines like:
    max-buy-price-5: 14
    max-sell-price-5: 15

That means that the maximum price for items BOUGHT by PLAYER is 14, and items SOLD by PLAYER using the shop is 15.

You can also use a global setting, like this:
    max-sell-price: 200

That means that the maximum price for items SOLD to PLAYER is 200 (if there is, for example, a max-sell-price-5 found, it will be used instead of the global sell price)

USING SHOPS
    You could buy and sell by right and left clicking the sign for a long time.
    Now it's the only way to use the shops.
    It's SIMPLE!
    Just LEFT-CLICK to SELL to shop, and
    RIGHT-CLICK to BUY from shop.
    (This can be changed in the config file)

DESTROYING SHOPS
    If you want to delete your old shop, simply SNEAK and destroy the sign.
    It's that easy =)

STOCKING THE SHOPS
    You can either open the chest and stock it up, or click on your own sign - it will open chest's inventory (that way you can have chests not openable by other people for sure :D)

ItemInfo command
    It's a simple command that shows item information.
    If you use it without any arguments, it shows you information about the item you're holding.
    If you specify item id or item name after the command, it will show you information about that item.

Source code
    ChestShop is Open-Source =)
    You can find its code on https://github.com/Acrobot/ChestShop-3

Thanks to:
    - kali876, ziomekYOYO and Herocraft server for testing the plugin and finding every little bug =)
    - Everyone who uses this plugin - really big thanks for this, I never thought it will be so popular
    - Everyone who provided translation - many people's lives will be easier now
    - @Nijikokun for Register
    - @LennardF1989 for awesome Persistence Reimplemented
    - @Temaska for fixing the plugin while I was on holidays
    - @VADemon for providing a great support for other users
    - @Euthyphro for his patience and really good bug spotting
    - vagrant326 for making a great price sheet
    - Epics for his great help
    :)
    If something's not working
    You can't change the sign color - that breaks the formatting.
    If that's not the issue, please give me this information, so I can help you faster.
    - CraftBukkit version (type /version in chat)
    - ChestShop version (type /csversion in chat)
    - Your economy plugin (iConomy? BOSEconomy? other one?)
    - Have you got any Permission plugin? Which one?

[​IMG]
    Changelog (open)

Changelog can be found on BukkitDev - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/chestshop/files/

2. Offline

Acrobot

soloman - please provide your config file and exactly what happened. Did they change the mode to /sell? Because out of stock is only for buying.
    Also, please say what item did they sell.
    By the way, it may be caused by item id's naming. Temporary fix - use noID, place a shop and then remove the block from chest if you want.

@imaxorz
    If you want to use number IDs - useID: false
    noID: false

but I recommend using noID: true for selling and useID: false for selling, so...
    noID: true
    useID: false

3. Offline

imaxorz

Oh I finally got it, how those variables work. Duh!

Thank you!

4. Offline

soloman981

i was on /sell mode
    and i was using id

5. Offline

Acrobot

Okay, and what item did it happen with?
    What were you selling?

Also, did you try using noID like I said?

6. Offline

Twisted

Can anyone else test this ?

I find it hard to believe no one else has reported this massive bug.

7. Offline

Acrobot

@Twisted - I'll make it so when chest updates, I update the sign, but it's 23:44 here, I'm going to sleep :)

8. Offline

Gavor

Appears to work using /buy and /sell, but here's the thing. This means I can only set up a shop for buying AND selling and it buys and sells the item at the same price. This isn't how an economy works. I need to have separate signs for buying and selling so I can buy stone for $5 and sell it for $7.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

9. Offline

po24

This is the error message i get in the server log when i try to make an iconomy shop. Im not sure what the problem is (it may essentials which also has some special sign stuff) but here is the message:

[SEVERE] Could not pass event SIGN_CHANGE to iConomyChestShop
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.bukkit.block.BlockFace.
    at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:196)
    at org.bukkit.block.BlockFace.valueOf(BlockFace.java:6)
    at com.bukkit.Acrobot.iConomyChestShop.iConomyChestShopBlockListener.onSignChange(iConomyChestShopBlockListener.java:458)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$27.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:262)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:837)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet130UpdateSign.a(SourceFile:39)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:70)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:338)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:253)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

10. Offline

Daveyo

been testing this, Every single version since it's came out. Not once has it worked. Dead on 493 with tons of errors. Pretty much done with it and frustrated beyond belief.

11. Offline

anon

I get this error on the latest recomended build 493. I supose your plugin took 440 as the working one right?

Also using the iconomy 4.2. I get no error on startup, but your plugin seems to load firt than iconomy. Also, It does not generate the config file.

Code:
    22:39:52 [SEVERE] Could not pass event SIGN_CHANGE to iConomyChestShop
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant org.bukkit.block.BlockFace.
            at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:237)
            at com.bukkit.Acrobot.iConomyChestShop.iConomyChestShopBlockListener.onSignChange(iConomyChestShopBlockListener.java:520)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$26.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:252)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:812)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet130UpdateSign.a(SourceFile:39)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    22:39:58 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED to iConomyChestShop
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant org.bukkit.block.BlockFace.
            at com.bukkit.Acrobot.iConomyChestShop.iConomyChestShopBlockListener.onBlockRightClick(iConomyChestShopBlockListener.java:144)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$20.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:222)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:480)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    22:40:01 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED to iConomyChestShop
            at com.bukkit.Acrobot.iConomyChestShop.iConomyChestShopBlockListener.onBlockRightClick(iConomyChestShopBlockListener.java:144)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$20.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:222)
    22:40:04 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED to iConomyChestShop
    22:40:05 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED to iConomyChestShop
    22:40:05 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED to iConomyChestShop
    22:40:08 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED to iConomyChestShop
    22:40:08 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED to iConomyChestShop
    22:40:13 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED to iConomyChestShop

12. Offline

Gavor

Guys having issues with errors in the console, make sure you get the zip file at the end of the plugin description, not just the .jar, and replace your config with the config from that. Using 493 and iconomy 4.2, everything is working fine for me. It really is the config file format that makes all the difference.

Also, make sure you DON'T have buy at the top of the sign or you get the BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED event error.

Lastly, I've found you can skip the first and last lines, just insert amount to sell on the second line and price on the third line then chuck the item in the chest you want to buy/sell and right click the sign. The plugin fills in the rest and saves you mistyping something.

Still need separate buy and sell signs though. OR make signs sell for the listed price and buy at a specified % less. OR buy at one price and sell at another. Perhaps like this.

sign text
    ----------
    gavor
    2/1
    string

Where the format is this
    ---------------------------
    myname
    number of items to sell or buy per transaction
    Sell to customer at this price/Buy from customer for this price (note the / between the numbers)
    The item to sell

Hope this all helps...

13. Offline

yeahMan

So someone got on my server and exploited some sort of sign vulnerability and was wondering if it could be related somehow as this also happened to be an hour after installing this plugin? Any signs within a 1000block radius of spawn (except east of spawn) had the text changed to the same thing (something that obviously a griefer had done). How could this have happened and if necessary I can PM you to show you.
    edit:
    here's a screenshot of some of the signs (and this happened to all signs within the radius)
    [​IMG]

14. Offline

anon

Oh, taht explains a LOT. I downloaded the jar :p

will test tomorrow with the zip.

15. Offline

pixelbat

I got the same sign hacking today too. They made all our signs on our sever say "Welcome to Team Avocado test server". They even hit signs that were hidden in rooms that only people with access to that specific warp could get to. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of hack that just changes every sign within X amount of blocks. Signs on the edge of our city were spared, probably because they were outside of the proximity. I don't have this plugin installed, so I highly doubt this plugin is the culprit. I have set up a dedicated thread to discuss this sort of hacking http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sign-hacking.6961/

Could you by chance list the plugins you use on that thread, and also check to see if someone came to your server named Mikkio was on your server today? That is who we suspect changed our signs.

16. Offline

fugue2005

looks like someone found another exploitable bug in minecraft multiplayer

much like flymod, airbuild and speedhack.
    i would suspect some kind of code injector, that replaces the signs saved in the world files.

17. Offline

papy

Hello,

i use Bukkit for minecraft 1.3, iconomy 4.3 and Chest shop don't work

[permission]: you can't make shop

My plugin permission is config and no error.
    help me plz

Sorry for my english but i speak french.

18. Offline

Acrobot

@papy - did you use the newest Permissions?
    Also, did you set them up correctly, with Notepad++?

19. Offline

papy

hi,

I use:

for permissions:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...5-1-phoenix-now-with-more-antibuild-440.5974/

my config:
    world.yml

permissions for Iconomy work

20. Offline

Acrobot

http://wklej.org/
    Please?

Also, if you have "*" permissions, you don't need to set any more permissions for this group.

21. Offline

papy

I creat the file with: http://wklej.org

and put this on my .yml

[permission]: you can't make shop

[​IMG]

22. Offline

Acrobot

Ugh, you should press the "Wklej" button and copy the url, but whatever.
    Are you sure you didn't use tabulators?

And, do other plugins using Permissions work?

23. Offline

papy

use tab: non
    other permission work? : now no

i use notpad with config no tab (4 space)

24. Offline

Acrobot

If no other permissions work, then it's the file corruption.
    Try with a new, blank file, COPYING the lines and replacing the text in them

25. Offline

papy

I'll try.

thank you for taking your time to answer me
    --- merged: Mar 4, 2011 3:48 PM ---
    Big thanks :D

I recreat with a clean .yml and your plugin work!!!!!!!

;) ty

26. Offline

Liger_XT5

Hey Acrobot, the link to item names doesn't work. Hasn't for me for the past couple days.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the ID (name or number) for the wool dyes? I can only get a few to work, like INK_SAC, anything else doesn't seem to work.

Also, a slight bug I found, if you have Towny, and YOU place a sign with a different person's name as the owner, you have to make sure that the owner is able to modify the town the sign resides in, otherwise neither one of you can remove the sign. I did this for a friend, he wanted me to change the price and I kept getting Don't Steal messages lol.
    I just had to unclaim the plot, then he could do what he wanted then I just reclaimed it again.On

27. Offline

Acrobot

@Liger_XT5
    Hey :D
    I don't know what happened to item names, probably something with leaky being down.

There is no ID for wool dyes, it is a damage value.
    I added an option so when you put, for example, "WOOL", it takes every color of wool from the chest.

And the second one - it should automatically place YOUR name there, and what you said was a bug (probably :p)
    Thank you for reporting bugs :)

28. Offline

Liger_XT5

Thanks for the fast response!
    I didn't mean to say wool colors, I meant the dyes themselves, like ink_sac and Red_rose

My friend wanted to have a few shops in my town and he wanted to be the owner, that's the minor situation. I'm sure there is a way to set up where he can edit the town, but I don't want to let him to be able to modify everything in the town, lol

29. Offline

Acrobot

Liger - you can actually turn off the protection, but I do not reccomend it.
    Sorry, but I guess I can't fix it, maybe in some future relase.
    And yeah, ink_sac uses damage value too, but there is Red_Flower and Yellow_Flower - 2 ID's.

30. Offline

Liger_XT5

Ok, thanks.
    I'll just stick to leaving the bottom line blank and hope for the best on what will work.

I know you might not be able to fix the towny/chestshop bug, but I thought it might be a worthwhile note to keep on hand.

31. Offline

UrbanX

Hello,

I am French so sorry for my English.

I want to use your ChestShop, it is on my server is working well.

Except that the money is added or removed does not iConomy 4.3.

Yet I have the message that the amount was added.

Thank you for your help.