EasyCooldowns

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by tanveergt5, Jun 2, 2013.

?

Do you like booscooldowns new config?

Poll closed Jun 22, 2013.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No it sucks

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Offline

tanveergt5

Hi guys, I use to use booscooldowns but the dev screwed everyone over with his new config, so 100+ players are stuck using the old version as he is not capable of providing support and explaining how his config works.

Plugin category: General, Admin, economy

Suggested name: EasyCooldowns, UltimateCooldowns, what ever floats your boat.

What I want: A plugin that can:
    - Make aliases e.g. "/spawn" > "/warp spawn"
    - Cooldowns on commands (even after restarts)
    - [Vault] Charges players money to use commands and sends that money to the player "defined in the config"
    - Set warmups (optional)
    - Command signs (optional)
    -Command limiting e.g. use /kit starter only once!
    - permissions support
    - light wieght

Ideas for commands: /cooldowns reload
    • Reloads config.yml.
    • /cooldowns set <command> <timer> <price(optional)>

Ideas for permissions: add what you think is good I am not sure

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible, I want to replace this booscooldowns.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

tanveergt5 Why not wait on booscooldowns config explanation?

3. Offline

tanveergt5

I've waited over a month, the dev is completely useless, look at the last 4 pages of comments on his bukkit dev link, all the people are in the same situation, the old plugin/config was easy and simple to understand, now we are stuck no one can make it work how they want it to, and my server relies on these aliases/cooldowns/and charges for commands, but I can't be stuck with the same old version for ages we need an alternative.

4. Offline

Why not use the old version of the plugin then?

5. Offline

tanveergt5

I am using the old version, and so are many other people, but what is the guarantee that it will work in later versions of bukkit and it is better to have an alternative as many other people could also switch to it.

6. Offline

Most plugins depend on the bukkit API, that won't change much, and why not just keep updating the old one?
    EDIT: We are allowed to

7. Offline

tanveergt5

you don't understand what I'm saying, to use the old config I have to use the old version of the plugin, If I update the jar file to the latest, I have to use the new config format, which is difficult to understand.
    Now my solution is either if someone creates an alternative plugin to booscooldowns that aims to have a simple config, or if someone converts my old booscooldowns config to a new one. However even if someone converts my old config to the new format, I am the only one out of the 100's then, the rest of the people will still be on the old version.

8. Offline

I just want to say that if an developer takes the old jar file and keeps that working then you don't need to use the new config

9. Offline

tanveergt5

but who will be able to do that, I don't know anyone who can do it

10. Offline

Garris0n

11. Offline

tanveergt5

12. Offline

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  13. Offline

tanveergt5

14. Offline

smsunarto

why dont you use the old jar version so you can use your old config file

and i think it's quiet is easy if you want to spend time reading the "#" AKA explanation, put some time into it, with english as your everyday language it's suppose to be really easy

I spend much time translating things understanding words of english is quiet hard for me as im not from an english speaking country. :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  15. Offline

tanveergt5

english is not my first language, and I can't understand the config, I don't want to use a old plugin, I have tried and put hours into it and failed miserably. I want to be able to use the latest things

16. Offline

Does the old jar give an errors? Or what is not working?