Easy Railways / Bridging

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by krlsmnk, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

krlsmnk

Plugin category: Block Placement

Minecraft version: 1.13

Suggested name: EasyRails?

What I want: Similar to the way scaffolding can be chained off of the existing block (laterally) in the snapshots, I would like a way to do this with rails or other blocks. You might be able to view the code for how the scaffolding is handled and take inspiration from that.

Allow a player to stand in one place and put down a powered rail line, ice bridge, cobble bridge, wall for a structure, fill an area with sand, etc.

Use Case:

IF:
    1: A player is sneaking
    AND
    2: would place an OFFHAND <Block / Rail>; //whitelist and blacklist defined in the config
    AND
    3: The block they clicked on to place it is an existing block of that same type

THEN:
    Their block will instead be placed laterally (in the direction the player is facing) at the end of the chain of identical blocks (on the same Y value). Blocks should not replace anything other than air. Blocks should only be removed from the player once/if a block has been successfully placed at the end of the chain.

Rails types should trigger off of each other, rather than exact-match-only. A powered rail can be placed at the end of a line of regular rails or vice-versa, along with activator rails, etc.

Optional:

1: Torches (and other light sources) will be placed 8 blocks apart, rather than 1. Redstone torches will be placed 15 blocks apart.

2: If a rail hits a single-block incline (or an existing inclined rail), it checks along the new, elevated Y-value from there forward, allowing for the occasional dip, or an intentional incline "straight up".

3: Block / Item placing sound should still play (at the player's position, not the block's).

4: Message that there is an obstruction if the block cannot be placed (also don't play the placed sound).

Ideas for commands: No player commands.

Ideas for permissions: I don't need them, but you can include some if you want. Perhaps OPs can disable the feature for specific players?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.