Easy Plugin, Please help!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by waffles0_0, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

waffles0_0

Hello, I'd like to request a plugin.

It's really simple, and it would be very easy to make.
    I wouldnt want anything past what I say in this, I do have a plan, and it would be very easy.

groups are from pex.

I just want this:
    /pickrace <group>
    would run:
    /pex user <user> group set <group>

and the permission would just be:
    pickrace.group
    group would be a pex group.

If someone could do this for me, it seems like it would be very simple, and it would be super helpful for my server. Thanks!

Oh, and i feel like mrCookieSlime could do this well... Please?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  2. Offline

Apple_

Players can only type '/pickrace <group>' once?

3. Offline

Gamecube762

Apple_ You can leave that up to PEX with just the permission for the command:

Default/Unknown: Has perm to /pickrace
    Human: Not has perm to /pickrace
    Dog: Not has perm to /pickrace

4. Offline

Skionz

5. Offline

waffles0_0

Gamecube762 Apple_
    gamecube has it exactly right. Would either of you be willing to make the plugin?

Skionz thanks but that looks immensely complicated, and it might require coding knowledge (i have very little) :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

Skionz

waffles0_0 It requires no coding knowledge. Read the documentation.

waffles0_0 Have you read the documentation? It really isn't that hard. Everything you need to know is in the documentation.

VG.Developments likes this.
  7. Offline

waffles0_0

Skionz I'll do my best. Don't be surprised if I come back emptyhanded though :p

8. Offline

killerbigmacs

waffles0_0 I am experienced with VTriggs, if you are interested I could help you

9. Offline

ZanderMan9

Skionz Using vtrig for such a small thing is asking for unnecessary lag.

10. Offline

mrCookieSlime

11. Offline

timbragg12

12. Offline

waffles0_0

timbragg12 Thanks SO MUCH but can I ask you the permission node?

timbragg12
    Ok, so I am using pickrace, but it is crashing pex. I started a new config to keep it short and simple.

EDIT - Nevermind, I fixed this issue.

13. Offline

8972legand

waffles0_0 have you ever wondered if u include staff ranks what is stopping them doing /pickrace owner ?

14. Offline

waffles0_0

8972legand I just got rid of that rank, I can op them and use /pex user user prefix [owner]

15. Offline

8972legand

waffles0_0 but what about staff ranks? will you have staff and if so what is the point of opping a helper and a mod when they are lower then an owner cuz if they are opped they can deop you and grief so unless u wanna have a server without any staff :/

16. Offline

waffles0_0

8972legand if u read the first post, it explains it. pickrace.group would be the perm, so u can only use what pickrace.group has designated. an example would be:
    Code:
    groups:
      default:
        permissions:
        - pickrace.sylph
        - pickrace.benelsian
    If they had pickrace.owner, then they could be owner. See what I'm saying?

17. Offline

8972legand

18. Offline

waffles0_0

So here's my new problem: I thought it was working, until i realized that as 'no race' you can modify other 'no race' players to choose a race... here's my config if anyone can help...
    Code:
    groups:
      norace:
        permissions:
        - essentials.motd
        - permissions.manage.membership.sylph
        options:
          build: false
          prefix: '&0[&7no race&0] &r'
          default: true
      sylph:
        permissions:
        - essentials.motd
        options:
          prefix: '&0[&2Sylph&0]&r '
    schema-version: 1
    Is there a way to make "permissions.manage.membership.sylph" only applicable to yourself? Anyone who can help, please respond. Otherwise, timbragg12 made an awesome plugin!

19. Offline

timbragg12

waffles0_0 Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, if you give me a list of groups you have and who can use them, then I can add the permissions for each group (e.g. someone with pickrace.owner can do /pickrace owner but someone with just pickrace.developer can't.) And I don't quite understand the second problem but I'll deal with that after the first one. And thanks for the follow! It was quite easy though to be honest.

20. Dude just use MyCommand ...

21. Offline

waffles0_0

timbragg12 Here's my config, but I have one more request: Could you make it so that "/pickrace <group>" would make the console run "/pex user <user> group set <group>" rather than the player running the command? It's ok if thats hard to do or impossible, just a suggestion. The config, by the way
    Code:
    groups:
      norace:
        permissions:
        - essentials.motd
        - permissions.manage.membership.sylph
        options:
          prefix: '&0[&7no race&0] &r'
          default: true
      cerdonian:
        permissions:
        - essentials.motd
        options:
          prefix: '&0[&4Cerdonian&0]&r '
      nordic:
        permissions:
        - essentials.motd
        options:
          prefix: '&0[&bNordic&0]&r '
      vodaskan:
        permissions:
        - essentials.motd
        options:
          prefix: '&0[&1Vodaskan&0]&r '
      benelsian:
        permissions:
        - essentials.motd
        options:
          prefix: '&0[&2Benelsian&0]&r '
    schema-version: 1
    I left off the players. So the perms would be:
    pickrace.cerdonian
    pickrace.nordic
    pickrace.benelsian
    pickrace.vodaskan

Thanks so much for all your help!

22. Offline

timbragg12

waffles0_0 I will add the perms now, I'm guessing you want the console to run it as you don't want the message ex gives? I don't know how to do that but... I do know a way (more inefficient but It will work nonetheless) to get rid of the message and add one that you want instead. I'm not too good with config files and that's why I haven't included one so could you tell me what message you would like instead. If you really want a config file I can add it, it should be easy, I'm just not very good with them and they usually (for some unknown reason) don't seem to work.

EDIT: Actually I'm not sure if the thing about the messages has worked or not, could you give me your server IP (PM me) so I can test on there as my server does not have pex and although I could set it up on my test server, I'm not very good with it (at all, I prefer GroupManager). No worries if not though.

23. Offline

waffles0_0

Thanks timbragg12 the plugin is working perfectly.

24. Offline

timbragg12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.