Easter event

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by D.Joe, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Offline

D.Joe

Hey, easter is coming, and i was wondering if there are any easter egg hunt plugins that are up-to-date to use. I only found EasterEggs, which is abandoned.
    I need a simple plugin that allows me to plant eggs (various colors if possible) and when a player finds the eggs, he gets rewarded.
    Is that possible?

2. Offline

AdmiralMoose

OK, first off, the closest you could get to multi-colour eggs (Without a texture pack, of course) is flowers, unless you use a modded server, which isn't supported here. I could look into the EasterEggs plugin and see if I can update it, once off, not for public use. I will get back to you on that one.

3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

4. Offline

AdmiralMoose

Yeah, saw that. Made a request to take it over, hopefully they will give me a file :p

5. Offline

D.Joe

AdmiralMoose timtower
    What i need is a plugin that creates a pickup egg (that respawns on remove, so that anti-lagg plugins will not remove it) that i will spawn at a location chose by me, and player who finds it recives a reward. Also the egg will no longer appear once the player has taken it.
    Oh, and when the player takes the egg, a message will be broadcasted.
    Is that possible?

PS: a plugin that i know can create pickups that respawn is ShowCaseStandalone

6. Offline

au2001

D.Joe
    I could try to do this, are spawn eggs good for the items?
    And what reward do you want?

7. Offline

D.Joe

au2001 Use creeper mooshroom slime and blaze eggs, and make the reward be set in config, if you can =D

8. Offline

au2001

But I mean are the rewards items?

9. Offline

SkilfulGnat830

Can you make it command, so them it can do everything. I would also like this plugin.

10. Offline

au2001

SkilfulGnat830 D.Joe
    I'll do it command so if you want items you set the command to "/give {PLAYER} diamond 1" or whatever.

Btw, only need to add the rewards :p

@SkilfulGnat830 @D.Joe
    Okay! Finished! Download : http://www.shadowcasted.com/#downloads and click on EasterHunt.
    The permission to let you create an easter egg is easterhunt.createegg.
    If you find any bugs, report it and i'll fix it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  11. Offline

D.Joe

au2001 It works great! One exception: when player picks up the egg, he recives the reward, but the egg too. Can you make that the player will recive the egg too?

PS: and if you login on top of an egg, it will spam the found egg message until the user logs in [i use authme]

PSS: Can you make that in EasterEggPickup message it will display what the player recived?

And i keep getting this error:
    Code:
    [21:33:31] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not pass event ItemDespawnEvent to EasterHunt v1.0
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:320) ~[minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:486) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:471) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R1.event.CraftEventFactory.callItemDespawnEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:284) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.EntityItem.h(EntityItem.java:109) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1348) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1329) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.World.tickEntities(World.java:1217) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.WorldServer.tickEntities(WorldServer.java:480) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:637) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.DedicatedServer.u(DedicatedServer.java:250) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:545) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:457) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:617) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at me.au2001.EasterHunt.EasterHunt.onEggDespawn(EasterHunt.java:91) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:318) ~[minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
        ... 14 more

12. Offline

au2001

D.Joe
    PS : I'm fixing that.
    PSS: Sure, the parameter will be {AMOUNT} for the amount of items and {TYPE} for the item.
    And I'm looking at this error, I'll see what I can do.

You can now download the new version of the plugin, it is available on the same link.
    You no longer get spammed if a player spawns on an egg, you can add the reward of the player in the broadcast and there's no more error!
    One thing, you said : "he receives the reward, but the egg too. Can you make that the player will receive the egg too?
    " so do you want the player to get the egg or not? (for now, you don't receive it)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

ALittleDragon

Sorry to hijack this for a moment, but would you be able to make it so that they don't keep the egg?

14. Offline

au2001

15. Offline

deploycraft

Could we get a /easterhunt reload

It would help a lot with config

16. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Why not just restart the server?

17. Offline

au2001

deploycraft
    Sure!

timtower
    Faster than restarting the server and if you have players connected, they won't be kicked.

18. Offline

deploycraft

Because players are trying to play.

Thanks. ;)

19. Offline

au2001

Download the new version of the plugin and get the /easteregg reload command.
    You also get the new permission easterhunt.giveegg that lets you do /easteregg.
    Still the same link.

20. Offline

deploycraft

Cheers,

21. Offline

D.Joe

au2001 the odds of a command to run are equal? if i have 10 - give commands, the chances will be of 10% that one of the commands will execute?

If so, can you make it so i would set the odds? For example i want players to get diamonds rarely, while other such as iron more often.

22. Offline

au2001

okay, i'll do that.
    I'll tell you when it's done

EDIT : In fact, I don't think this is possible...

If someone knows how to do that, please give me your code here!

23. Offline

D.Joe

au2001 if that's not possible, make it run multiple commands, and set the chances.
    for example
    10 - give {PLAYER} Diamond_block 5
    70 - give {PLAYER} Iron_ore 15

with that^ configuration, the odds of player recieving iron is 70%, while the odds of recieving diamonds are 10%, if you're unlucky, you don't get anything, if you're lucky, you get one of them, or both

Because i'd like to give VIP rank with one of those eggs, and i want to set the odds for the rank at 0.5%

PS: Also, i use ClearLagg plugin that removes ground items every 10 minutes, can you make the egg respawn unless a player picks it up?

24. Offline

au2001

Houls_
    ClearLagg is removing them? It shouldn't...
    I don't know if the custom odds are possible but the several commands is easy.

EDIT : In fact, you can already add multiple commands e.g. :
    Code:
    rewards:
      - 'give {PLAYER} 263 64'
      - 'give {PLAYER} 264 10'
      - 'give {PLAYER} 265 32'
      - 'give {PLAYER} 266 32'
      - 'give {PLAYER} 388 5'
    And it will take a random one.

25. Or using player heads with the skin of an easter egg...

26. Offline

au2001

27. Offline

D.Joe

au2001 so can you fix the clearlagg removal?

28. Offline

Houls_

You're going to have to deny spawn eggs from removing in the clearlag files.

29. Yes, you can do that too, but they would despawn after a few minutes, unless you add a feature to make them not disappear

30. Offline

au2001

Da_Pepsi_Monster
    That's what I did but apparently, ClearLagg removes them...