Plugin Help Easier Permissions

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by mccrafter1212, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mccrafter1212

I'm sure about 75% of people here on bukkit have trouble with permissions. Well, I've just solved this problem! Config files are extremely easy to use and can be an alternative for permissions! I myself struggled with permissions and realized why not make an alternative. Well using config files I did just that! I won't be teaching how to setup a config file :( but I will be teaching what to do once you've set one up! Inside of the config file you need to do exactly this (Copy and Paste if you want):
    Permissions:
    P:pLAYER
    P2: PLAYER
    P3: PLAYER

You can add as many P's as you would like. Just make sure you use the #'s in order like 1,2,3,4,5,etc. If you don't you could screw up the code. Now inside of your main you must use this code to check if the player is inside of the list:
    Code:
    if (p.GetDisplayName() == getConfig().getString("Permissions.P")) {
        CODE GOES HERE
    }
    This is sure to make all plugins easy and fun to use! Hopefully, this idea evolves and becomes another huge thing like permissions!
    IF YOU END UP USING THIS IN A PLUGIN YOU MUST INCLUDE ME INSIDE OF THE CREDITS SINCE THIS WAS MY IDEA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.