Dye any armor

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Mizquink, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Offline

Mizquink

Category - Fun

Is is possible to make a plugin that will make armors in the game act like leather. So you could dye diamond armor to be blood red. I plan on making a server that will have weapon tiers past the normal enchantment levels(these will drop from bosses only), and it would be helpful to be able to identify someones armor tier before attempting to kill them so you don't get 100% owned. If this is possible or if there is a different approach to tell certain enchanted items that will drop from the EpicBossRecoded plugin please let me know.

2. Offline

UltiFix

that would be cool... have you tried searching through bukkits plugins?

3. Offline

Mizquink

Yea, only found a few things to make dying leather faster/easier. Didn't find anything to change other armors to make them capable to be dye'd on google or bukkit plugins.

4. Offline

Mizquink

Also an addition to this plugin that would be cool is if you implemented the Colorenchant plugin into it, but it only glows 1 color. Not alternate back and forth between the desired color and the normal enchantment glow like the plugin already made for this does.

5. Offline

StevenMG

I doubt if this is possible because textures are handled client side not server side.

6. Offline

Syd

I just made some test.
    It is possible to give these armor parts a color value, but there is no graphical impact to the game.

-> sorry, not possible (yet)

7. Offline

Mizquink

I have someone working on it now, but they can't really work on it till the weekend. Just want more to try to make the best plugin for this, and to see if someone can get it to me sooner.

Alright thanks, but can someone make a better version of ColorEnchant? The current one is 100% random and I don't think you can make it spawn through an EpicBoss. Also it alternates between the new glow and the original minecraft blue glow so it's not 100% one color glow.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016