DustyCobweb

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Skeletron, Jun 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Skeletron

Plugin category: Miscellaneous

Minecraft version: Modern (1.13+, preferrably 1.15.2 or 1.16)

Suggested name: DustyCobweb

What I want: If a player or players have not visited a built structure in a long time, the structure will start to form cobwebs around it. I would also like configuration, preferably the option to set worlds where cobwebs form and how long a place has to be "abandoned" until cobwebs form.

Ideas for commands:
    /dc reload- Reloads plugin and configuration

Ideas for permissions:
    dc.reload

When I'd like it by: I'm running an active server that would highly benefit from something like this, so as soon as possible would be great. I'm not going to give a specific time frame though.

Thank you!

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Skeletron How would a build structure be defined? How would a visit be defined? Exclusion area's?

3. Offline

CRAFF_T

Hey, I just randomly stumbled upon this and I think I could suggest some ways to define those things. A good way to define built/generated structures would be to let the plugin check if there are any unnatural blocks around a player like wooden planks or glass panes or cobblestone etc. (there could be a list in the config with the blacklist blocks) And a visit could be defined as following: When a player walks along a world the plugin creates squares around the player - that could be 30 blocks big - and when the player walks out of a square, the plugin generates a new square sort of like in the image uploaded and saves those squares in a database in the plugin folder. Then if the player walks out of a square it could just wait the configured time and then add cobwebs (it would have to detect corners and edges in the walls which shouldn't be too hard). If the player walks back in a square while it's waiting to be abandoned, it just cancels the timer.
    I hope my suggestions are helpful, you are welcome.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  4. Offline

Skeletron

Anything that's not a naturally generated structure/block, and a "visit" would be defined as a player loading in the chunk. Only for overworld, exclude in nether and end dimensions.

Xp10d3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.