Solved .DS_Store Help Mac?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Deleted user, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Deleted user

Can anyone tell me how to delete all the .DS_Store files from my project
    It compiles with them no matter what
    I've tried the "defaults write...TRUE" to show hidden files and then delete them...doesn't work

Any suggestions?

2. Offline

viper_monster

3. Offline

Deleted user

4. Offline

Dpasi314

If you can't sudo through terminal, then there isn't a way to get rid of them effectively.

5. Offline

The_Doctor_123

Get a Windows system? After all, you never have problems like that with them(and they're cheaper).

But why don't you just delete them?

6. Offline

Deleted user

The_Doctor_123 Just got new mac :p

Dpasi314 Hrmmmmmmmm....Shell script? I can try that...if you tell me what to write

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  7. Offline

MayoDwarf

This used to happen to me also. You just need to unselect it, it will never pop up again.

8. Offline

Deleted user

9. Offline

Sagacious_Zed Bukkit Docs

You don't need to run the delete command as sudo as long as the user that is executing the command has write permission to the directory. It is a bad idea to go through the entire drive and to delete all .DS_Store files anyways.

JHG0 Instead you can use find to delete every .DS_Store in your current directory
    Code:
    cd /path/to/project
    find . -name '.DS_Store' -delete

Deleted user likes this.
  10. Offline

The_Doctor_123

Y'ouch... $2000 down the drain. :(

Deleting them in the project does nothing? Eclipse for Mac may have some custom properties for their folders, I suppose.

11. Offline

MayoDwarf

Not really. They are still great computers. I mean, I myself prefer windows (Love my surface pro 2), yet I still own tons of apple products in my house. Anyway let's not start a windows vs macs thread here.

12. Offline

The_Doctor_123

MayoDwarf
    It's not exactly the software I'm having the issue with, it's the hardware/price. The hardware is interesting. Silent, but not quite so good. I, myself, own 5 Apple products(1 iPod nano, 2 iTouches, 1 iPhone, and 1 iPad). They are ruling the portable device business, but not so much the desktop/laptop. If only Android could be a little better..

13. Offline

Deleted user

Sagacious_Zed
    Yay....Thanks! It works
    A weird thing is that in 10-30 seconds, the .DS_Store reloads back...so you have to do it quick :p

Here is the answer again for future reference:

Code:
    cd /path/to/project
    find . -name '.DS_Store' -delete

14. Offline

Like a said, if you don't want .DS_Store files, don't look at it with finder

15. Offline

Deleted user

Sagacious_Zed
    Can you upload files via the dev or here?
    I want to post a Cleaner shell script I made :)

16. Offline

No, if you want to share a shell script, just put the contents here or on github.

17. Offline

Deleted user

Click here to see the script and download ;)
    Direct Download

Execute the file with terminal once to give permissions to the file

18. Offline

Garris0n

To be honest, I haven't seen near as many illogical and un-intuitive things on mac as I have on windows. Regardless, this is more of a problem with Eclipse than OSX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.