Dragon Death

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by rmb938, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rmb938

So when the ender dragon dies it spawn that portal well thing. How would I go about finding the coords of that then removing it so the dragon spawns again? Since the dragon doesn't spawn if the well is there.

2. Offline

nickrak

I'm just speculating, but I think it's the only ender portal block in the world, and I think it's also the only adminium in the world. Could just try removing all of those in the known end world.

3. Offline

rmb938

That would work but would be very taxing. You would have to loop through all the blocks in the world and find which ones are bedrock and portal.

4. Offline

Pr0Failure

It should generate directly below where the dragon died. I'm not sure if another dragon spawns naturally even if you delete the well via world editor.

5. Offline

hammale

cant you just set up an entity death listener, check if its a dragon, and then convert it to a location? O and you should probably check to make sure its in Then End using getEnviroment (or somthing like that) in case people spawn dragons in the normal worlds.

EDIT: o u wanna remove the portal and make the dragon invincible? Well you could then take that location and get the block there. Then you just use a loop checking the blocks in a portal shape downward until you get a match. When the loop finds a portal just set it to air. But if you want invicible dragons just use the same entity death listener and cancel the event if its a dragon that died.

6. Offline

rmb938

If I delete the well with world edit it respawns.

No I just want to remove the portal so the dragon spawns. Nothing about making it invincible.

7. Offline

hammale

well it seems weird to me that the dragon respawns...but anyway yeah you could do it :D u could also manualy respawn the dragon if you still want the portal to stay in tact

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.