Donor issue...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by premiumhhh, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

premiumhhh

Alright so I'm trying to figure out how to set a group to donor..

If I make a donor rank it removes there normal rank..

Rank list:
    E,D,C,B,A, Free.

For example, if I a guy donated and his rank was D how would he get donor permissions but still have rank D. I have set the permissions to the player manually, but I would like them to use a sign called [Warp] Donor But I only want donors to be able to us it. But if I make a group called donor, there rank will disappear...

So if anyone has an idea on how to setup donor, please help.

2. Offline

Gunnerrrrr

You mean like, if they are rank D and they upgrade to C, you want them to have the rank C permissions, but still rank D? In your permissions make rank C inherit rank D.

3. Offline

premiumhhh

No. Say if they were rank "D" I would want them to have donor permissions, and being able to use the sign
    [warp]
    Donor
    Donor

But if they were in the group "Donor" there ranks disappear. So for example if D was in group Donor, he wouldn't be in group D anymore. His rank would disappear. So if there was a possible way for them to be in 2 groups, but still be able to rankup.. Not sure. It's confusing.

4. Offline

Gunnerrrrr

Sends you permissions groups.yml

5. Offline

midnightfang22

Either make rank C inherit the permissions from rank D or just have rank C have the permission itself. Depends on your permissions plugin.

6. Offline

premiumhhh

7. Offline

Gunnerrrrr

Because your rank "D" does not inherit the rank donor.

8. Offline

premiumhhh

My ranks are fine, just trying to setup donor....

I don't want everyone who is "D" to inherit donor...

This was just an example if someone was the rank D,B, Ect.... I don't want these ranks to inherit donor, I just want some users to inherit it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  9. Offline

Gunnerrrrr

I'm sorry, im trying to help but i'm not understanding. Please in great detail explain what you're trying to do.

10. Offline

midnightfang22

What permissions plugin are you using?

11. Offline

Gunnerrrrr

It's PEX

12. Offline

premiumhhh

Alright

Say if someone pays for "Donor".

There ranks is "D" for example.

You /pex user <user> add (permissions) <-- All the donor permissions.

But to get into the "donor area" they have to use a warp sign.

Sign example. How it really looks
    [Warp] -----------[Warp]
    (Place) ------------[Donor]
    (group)------------ [donor]

So, How would they be able to use the warp sign if it was set to the group donor. I only want the people who donated to use this sign. But, I still want them to keep there normal rank (E-Free)

13. Offline

Gunnerrrrr

Oh ok, well what plugin is that using the warp signs?
    If it's essentials its essentials.signs.warp

14. Offline

midnightfang22

then why not just do /pex user playername group add donor? Never actually used the command, but it seems like it should do just what he is asking...if I am understanding it right. Basically, you want someone to be given the permissions of group donor without moving them out of the group they are in, but at the same time have group donor permissions completely separate from every other group. Am I interpreting that right?

Edit: replied late...

15. Offline

premiumhhh

Then they wouldn't be (E - Free) rank anymore, they'd just be donor which has now prefix set to it so it's just blank. And I don't want them to have a rank called [ Donor ] I want the rank to be which block they are in (E-Free)

Correct... But if the sign is set to a certain group then they cannot use it.

Is it possible for them to be in 2 groups at once?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

midnightfang22

Well there are two commands, group set and group add. group set seems to erase all groups the player is in, then replaces it with that single group. group add just adds that group into the list they are already in. For example, group E and group donor at once. I just tried with a test server and prefixes seem to take the most recent group that you added, but the permissions seem to work right. Try it out to double check.

17. Offline

premiumhhh

For example on the server "Killion Detention Center". Some of there players are "Donor" but still keep there normal rank ex. (E-Free), but are still able to rankup / use donor signs.

Actually testing..

It's not letting them /rankup when they're in both the group donor and the groups ( e - free ). If I remove them from donor it lets them rankup

See the problem is with the /group add(remove)

Is that if they rankup, it pushes the donor up above the normal rank, not allowing them to rankup once again.

18. Offline

Gunnerrrrr

I use bPermissions, and all I have to do is simply add them in both groups in the groups.yml
    Not sure how it works in PEX

19. Offline

premiumhhh

Didnt work

Help.

20. Offline

ytuyu

Help please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.