Donator List on Signs

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by nxtguy, Mar 2, 2013.

?

Would you use this plugin?

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. I don't have donator ranks.

50.0%
  1. Offline

nxtguy

Hello all,
    I've searched for this type of plugin but had no luck in finding it. I was wondering if someone could create this plugin. If not I guess I'll have to get out my coding hat and code it myself.

Plugin category: ADMIN/SIGN

Suggested name: DonatorListSigns

What I want: I'd want a plugin that could display usernames on signs for donators.

For example, when configuring the plugin I would place signs and set them to be these "Special" signs.

When I execute a command from the console for example like /donatorsigns add <SIGN ID> <USERNAME> it would add that username to the selected sign.

There would also be a command for removing the username for a sign, still leaving the rest of the usernames on the sign.

Ideas for commands: /donatorsigns add /donatorsigns remove

Ideas for permissions: donatorsigns.add donatorsigns.remove

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible.

ohtwo likes this.
  2. Offline

snake4212

Try some like macro signs or scrolling signs plugins

3. Offline

Nic2555

Try using CommandHelper + Commandsigns, One will create the message where the username are display, the other will allow player to see the list by clicking on the sign.

4. Offline

nxtguy

Thanks for your reply.

However what I wanted was the list to be on the sign, not in chat. I know there are multiple ways you can show it in Minecraft chat, what I would like is to have the list on a sign, updating live.

Sorry if I have been unclear,
    NXTGUY

5. I will attempt to do this tomorrow, must sleep for now.

Permissions support correct? :3

6. Offline

ohtwo

This seems like a useful plugin, actually. It would be cool if it would automatically move down or across signs if one sign gets full.

7. Offline

nxtguy

Yes, but not needed.

I'm planning on doing it through the console because I'll be using it with Buycraft.

Yes, that's what I was hoping. ;D

The plugin could also be used for other things besides just Donator usernames. Any type of list that might need to be changed often, through a command.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  8. Offline

ohtwo

Might be cool to be able to update it from a text file too, but I have a feeling parsing that and organizing it on signs will not be a fun job.

9. Offline

nxtguy

Yes good point, however in my situation I need command-based updating because when a player donates I can automatically send a command.