Donator - Accept donations for ingame benefits!

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by chaseoes, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chaseoes

Donator (filler name, any suggestions?) is a plugin that allows you as a server owner to define packages that people can donate for. This is currently a very lightweight plugin meant as an alternative to other plugins that offer the same functionality.

This plugin is still a WIP! No public release is available yet. Please give me suggestions as to what you would like to see from it. It currently only supports PayPal, more services will be added.

Download on BukkitDev: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/donator/

Why use this plugin?
    You have complete control over it! Everything is completely free, the code is open source, and you host all required files on your own webserver.

Features
    • Allow users to donate for pre-defined packages and automatically give them benefits ingame.
    • Give players anything for donating through defining commands to execute when a donation is received.
    • Easy website integration, simply add a HTML text field allowing the player to input their username.
    • Secured against fradulant transaction attempts.
    • Players do not have to be logged in when donating.
    Example Configuration
    Code:
    settings:
      # The amount of time in seconds in which to check the queue for new donations.
      checkdelay: 10
    packages:
      yourpackagename:
        # The price it should cost.
        price: 5.00
        # The amount of days it should last for, or expire at. Put 'never' to have it last forever.
        expires: 30
        commands:
        - say Thank %player for donating %amount! :D
        - pex group add %player donatorgroup

2. Offline

frdmn

Sent you a PM. ;)

3. Offline

chaseoes

Still looking for ideas/feature requests/etc. as to what people would like to see out of this plugin.
    If I don't get any I'll get a public release going in the next few days.

4. Offline

freddag

i am going to keep an eye n this once you have finshed it and made a public release i will look at replacing buycraft with this look so much better

5. Offline

amitlin14

sent you a PM

6. Offline

Reptar_

So I have donation buttons on my website that direct you straight to the PayPal package you're purchasing with a certain URL. So maybe add a feature like this:
    1. Create donation command: /donate <Name> <PayPal package link>
    2. Use /donate <Name> and it enters a link, (Only for the player who executes the command,) into the chat. Player can then click the link and be directed to Check-Out.
    3. After player pays, they receive what they bought based on the permissions file. Ex: I buy VIP rank and get the permissions and title of the VIP group immediately after transaction.
    4. ????
    5. Profit

7. Offline

chaseoes

I have added a donate command that lists packages and then players can type /donate <package name> to view more information on it. That information is defined by you in a configuration file, and you could provide the link to your website to donate, list perks, etc. This isn't in the current release though. I'll think about adding commands to create packages and such.

You can give people groups by defining commands in the configuration file that run when the donation is received. Just use the command that corresponds to the permissions plugin you use.

8. Offline

Reptar_

Sweet! Hopefully everything works out. I will totally use this plugin!

9. Offline

Dreeass

I wouldn't make this open source if I were you, then people can look for leaks. It's like making a protection software open source, it wouldn't be that safe.

10. Offline

chaseoes

And the more people find the better it will become. It could just be decompiled anyways.

11. Offline

Dreeass

True, but make sure you don't have leaks. I'm not sure if you're a pro, but if you're not, then get your code checked by a pro to be sure.

12. Offline

chaseoes

Happen to know a PHP pro then?

13. Offline

Dreeass

Yes, but I'm in America atm and I live in Europe. Me and him are working on a website that's nearly finished. PM me on the 28-29th cause then I'll be back home.

14. Offline

zecheesy

Can you please add an option to only run when the user is online? Because I cant - give %player 1 64
    because they are offline.

15. Offline

chaseoes

It only happens when they are online.

16. Offline

toothplck1

Just thought to mention that looking into your ipn, if I were to say enter the username "'; drop table Donations" it would erase your entire donation save database as you have no Sql injection prevention.

17. Offline

chaseoes

Yup. It's up to the server admin to add name verification (prevent people from submitting blank names, ones over 20 characters, ones with special characters, etc).

18. Offline

toothplck1

So you are supplying an incomplete ipn?

19. Offline

chaseoes

No, again, it's up to the server admin to do that stuff. Not to mention it's not even released yet.

20. I would love this, please PM me.

21. Offline

chaseoes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.