Question Do I need to learn YAML?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ZeOnlySpartacus, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ZeOnlySpartacus

I was wondering how I would make a config file for a plugin and remembered that it uses the language YAML. So do I have to learn YAML to make a config file? Also where can I learn YAML for making config files for Bukkit plugins?

2. Offline

nverdier

3. Offline

ZeOnlySpartacus

4. Offline

nverdier

@ZeOnlySpartacus Great! And if you don't know Java yet, I suggest you learn do so. Take at look at this.

5. Offline

ZeOnlySpartacus

@nverdier I am still learning Java as I just started reading a book by O'Reilly Head First Java. (http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596009205.do). I think it's a great book. I will also take a look at your
    Learning Java thread so thanks for that! If you can also give me any tips on where I can improve my skills for Java and then learn how to use them for Bukkit I would really appreciate that!
    Thanks

EDIT: I saw that you talked about where to learn Bukkit on your thread

6. Offline

nverdier

@ZeOnlySpartacus The best place to learn is from the official Oracle tutorials. Try to not watch videos, there are too many bad ones out there. You should get proficient at Java, and then learn the API, because you write Bukkit plugin in Java, with the help of an API.

7. Offline

ZeOnlySpartacus

@nverdier Yeah I would rather read from a trusted site from where the code actually comes from then watch a video that is outdated and has horrible ways of doing things. I heard that "TheNewBoston" was good though, but I would rather read my book then do the online tutorials you talked about. Also how does the API help? Also where do I download the API?

8. Offline

Bobcat00

9. Offline

ZeOnlySpartacus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.