Solved Disable Tab Completion with Essentials?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Dark_Serpent, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dark_Serpent

Hello! I'll try to be as brief as possible.

On my server currently names are completely hidden, and you never know who's online.

With Essentials though, if somebody types in /tp, then adds a space, then presses TAB, a list of everyone that's online will conveniently show up in their chat.

Is there a way to disable this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

I Al Istannen

@Dark_Serpent
    Depends on how the names are hidden. I think Essentials respects the isHidden property. If you just clear the TabList, you will have some problems. Also because some plugins, totally disrespect anything and show all players *cough* not mine of course *cough*. So you will probably have to account for more than just essentials.

Besides that, why do players have access to tp and are not trusted to see who is online?

I don't think essentials allows it (don't quote me on that though), but there are some plugins to do it. I found two with a quick search, and looked at the code of one. It was gruesome. So I will link you to the other. They need ProtocolLib and basically just don't let the server see the user tab completed, if it is a blocked command. This is the only idea I have right now, sorry :/

3. Offline

Dark_Serpent

@I Al Istannen
    After some fiddling around with your suggestion, it seems to work! Shame it's not applicable for everything, but it fixes my current problem! Thanks so much :D

4. Offline

I Al Istannen

@Dark_Serpent
    No problem.
    Yea, sadly there is no easy way to do this (apart from what that plugins does). And essentials surely didn't expect that usecase ;)

Glad you got it sorted though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.