Solved Disable mob spawning completely in specified worlds

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MegaNarwhal, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MegaNarwhal

I posted a thread about this a while back and didn't get any answers, so here's a new one :rolleyes: So, this has been a problem on my server for quite some time: People love spawning mobs and minecarts in the creative world, no matter what I do to try and stop it. I disable using mob eggs, and what do they do? Put them in dispensers. I find random piles of minecarts crossing several plots every once in a while, too. I've used EntityManager but after an update the config got reset and it was much more complicated than it was before, and it had more features than I needed to begin with (disabling tripwires for example :eek:) Before EntityManager I was using NoLagg and that worked for a while and I liked it because it let some mobs/entities spawn but put a limit on it. But that too then stopped working around 1.3... I'd be willing to go back to NoLagg but I don't necessarily need all of its features. Does anyone know of a good plugin that lets you disable or limit entity spawning only in certain worlds?

2. Offline

DeadlyN00b

Looks like what you need is the CreativeControl plugin. You can configure it to block certain items in specific worlds while in creative mode.

3. Offline

MegaNarwhal

I can't use CreativeControl; most of its features can be replicated with WorldGuard and the separate inventories feature would very likely conflict with MultiInv, the plugin that I use to separate inventories between the creative and survival world on my server. I'm going to have another look at NoLagg, but any other ideas?

4. Offline

MegaNarwhal

5. Offline

drtshock

If you use multiverse, just a simple /mvm set monsters false
    always works :)

Mr_Chicken_459 likes this.
  6. Offline

TnT

Moved to the correct forum.

MegaNarwhal likes this.
  7. Offline

lokpique

What plugin do you use for your multiworld setup? I know multiverse has a setting per world for spawning, and I would imagine any other multi-world plugin would contain the same feature.

8. Offline

MegaNarwhal

I use Multiverse but I don't remember that setting mob spawns to false in the Multiverse config for a world disables spawn eggs and spawn eggs from dispensers as well. I'll test it.

EDIT: That was already enabled, but people can spawn mobs from dispensers. Does this happen for anyone else?

9. Offline

drtshock

If you set monsters to false with /mvm set monsters false - while standing in the world it will turn off all types of mob spawning. I just tested it to make sure as well.

10. Offline

MegaNarwhal

I just tried the same thing on a test server with no plugins except WorldEdit and MV 2.5 b641 and mobs can still be spawned with dispensers and spawn eggs. Spawn eggs aren't a problem because I can just blacklist using them with WorldGuard, but dispensers are an issue.

EDIT 2 SECONDS LATER: Just realized that I can just use /region flag __global__ mob-spawning deny.

[​IMG]

11. Offline

Empathy

/region flag __global__ mob-spawning deny

solved my problem!

12. Offline

erra035

It says: An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command. What now?? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.