Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

Wulfspider

I have no idea how much you are assigning it, but clearly lack of memory is the issue. So you need to assign it more or remove some plugins and/or tweak the server to use less resources.

3. Offline

schatty

Currently there are 904 MB Ram and a game server optimized kernel.
    Will look at the plugins times by what you do not absolutely need.
    And then hope that it does not crash again.

ty so long ;)

4. Offline

matthew_goodman

YES! Working 100% now... thank you guys!

5. So where is the info on the bukkit replacement ?

6. Offline

2snobal

StainedGlass requires Spout 520, but I see no such version publicly available. Is there any way I could possibly nab a copy from you guys? Thank you

7. Offline

RoyAwesome

Some things on jenkins got moved around. You can get the current RB here: http://spout.in/plugin

You can try 'Use Latest LWJGL Binaries' in the spoutcraft launcher options. That fixed this issue for me.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  8. Offline

Wulfspider

520 is old. It works on later ones fine from what I've tested.

9. Offline

Zone

I have to say you guys do an excellent job. Thank you for making Spout.
    There is one issue I seem to be running into, it concerns how spout handles chunks client-side. I often run into chunks that are loaded invisible with mobs walking on top of them. once I step onto the chunk it becomes visible. This can be exaggerated by flying. Now my server is on a RAM disk and I connect on a local network. Lastly it does not happen with the default mineshaft client. I've tried fiddling with all the settings and nothing has solved it. So could Dev give me a direction to pursue or is this some sort of bug. If so I'll submit a ticket.​

10. Offline

rtcabooservb

@Wulfspider So, I thought spoutplugin was the new name for the plugin? Why was the "spout" build activated again and creating new builds?

11. Offline

ShaDooM

CB RB
    PEX 1.17
    OKB3.4.0

If a banned player joins (okb3 banned) you get this spam:

Code:
    18:21:08 [SEVERE] Spout sent a MAJOR MISTAKE. Report this bug to SpoutDev. Sent packet class net.minecraft.server.Packet24MobSpawn to a listener for class net.minecraft.server.Packet28EntityVelocity
    18:21:08 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-52"
    18:21:08 [SEVERE] java.lang.ClassCastException: net.minecraft.server.Packet50PreChunk cannot be cast to net.minecraft.server.Packet201PlayerInfo
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at to.joe.vanish.sniffers.Sniffer201PlayerInfo.checkPacket2(Sniffer201PlayerInfo.java:19)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at to.joe.vanish.sniffers.Sniffer.checkPacket(Sniffer.java:26)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.packet.listener.PacketListeners.canSend(PacketListeners.java:70)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncedSendPacket(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:584)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncFlushPacketQueue(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:575)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.queueOutputPacket(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:534)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.sendPacket(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:519)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.PlayerInstance.b(PlayerInstance.java:66)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.removePlayer(PlayerManager.java:109)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.disconnect(ServerConfigurationManager.java:159)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.disconnect(NetServerHandler.java:128)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.disconnect(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:560)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.kickPlayer(CraftPlayer.java:185)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at me.kalmanolah.okb3.OKRunnable.run(OKRunnable.java:84)
    18:21:08 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    18:21:08 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.next(LinkedList.java:891)
            at java.util.AbstractCollection.addAll(AbstractCollection.java:333)
            at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.manageChunkQueue(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:697)
            at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:675)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:93)
            at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:550)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    18:21:08 [INFO] [WorldInventories] Player asiabunny quit from world: world
    18:21:08 [INFO] [WorldInventories] Saving inventory of asiabunny
    18:21:08 [WARNING] Task of 'Towny' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.permissions.PEXSource.getPlayerPermissionStringNode(PEXSource.java:107)
            at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.SetDefaultModes.run(SetDefaultModes.java:28)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:493)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)

12. Offline

matthew_goodman

Code:
    [17:38:08] [INFO]    Spoutcraft Launcher is starting....
    [17:38:08] [INFO]    Spoutcraft Launcher Build: 235
    [17:38:12] [INFO]    Using mirror: http://spout.thomasc.co.uk/spoutcraft.yml
    [17:38:21] [INFO]    27 achievements
    [17:38:22] [INFO]    Setting user: THEMiiNiSTER, 5185003179197464894
    [17:38:25] [INFO]    Launching Spoutcraft 978
    [17:38:28] [INFO]    WARNING: Found unknown Windows version: Windows 7
    [17:38:28] [INFO]    Attempting to use default windows plug-in.
    [17:38:28] [INFO]    Loading: net.java.games.input.DirectAndRawInputEnvironmentPlugin
    [17:38:29] [INFO]    Starting up SoundSystem...
    [17:38:29] [INFO]    Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
    [17:38:29] [INFO]        (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
    [17:38:29] [INFO]    OpenAL initialized.
    [17:38:45] [INFO]    Connecting to matthew.verygames.net, 25565
    [17:40:04] [INFO]    Connecting to matthew.verygames.net, 25565
    [17:40:21] [INFO]    Detected Spout server.
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1040
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1024
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1025
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1026
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1027
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1028
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1029
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1030
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1031
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1032
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1033
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1034
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1035
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1036
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1037
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1038
    [17:40:47] [INFO]    Reading Block: 1039
    [17:42:47] [SEVERE]    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    [17:42:47] [SEVERE]        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    [17:42:47] [SEVERE]        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    [17:42:47] [SEVERE]        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    [17:42:47] [SEVERE]        at gt.a(Packet.java:134)
    [17:42:47] [SEVERE]        at hc.e(NetworkManager.java:144)
    [17:42:47] [SEVERE]        at hc.c(NetworkManager.java:249)
    [17:42:47] [SEVERE]        at pa.run(SourceFile:77)
    [17:42:58] [INFO]    disconnect.genericReason
    [17:42:58] [INFO]    Download of /res/disconnected.png Failed!
    Getting this error code on spoutcraft launcher. Crashes me and all my players on spoutcraft after 30 secs or so :S
    running latest spoutcraft build and latest recomended build of spout and craftbukkit. Any ideas?

13. Offline

2snobal

I assume that's 1.8.1 right? xD Probably not. I need minimum 520, but the latest RB build of Spout for 1.8/1337 would be greatly appreciated.

14. Offline

Some people need a manual install in order to play on a network without internet access. We have minecraft accounts, we just have no internet access to verify them. Please provide some sort of manual install instructions. @Afforess @Wulfspider

15. Offline

Harrowed

On my server, we have a tower that you spawn in, and each floor on the way down teaches you about a different part of the server.
    I just knocked out two floors, to make one giant room dedicated to Spout. :D
    [​IMG]

Wulfspider likes this.
  16. Offline

Wulfspider

http://dl.getspout.org/?SpoutPlugin=520

The CraftBukkit plugin formally named Spout, was renamed as SpoutPlugin.
    The Glowstone server was renamed to Spout.

Info on Spout/Glowstone will be coming soon.

So download it using our launcher from somewhere with internet, as you'd still need internet to even get the files manually and then copy the folder over and use our launcher in offline-mode when it prompts you.

You could also do a complete portable install using the -portable parameter.
    http://forums.getspout.org/wiki/launcher-parameters/

Having no internet is a poor reason for wanting to do manual installs. Using our launcher is a lot easier to do, especially for frequent updating than with manual installs. :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

17. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

Bukkit replacement? Glowstone? wth am I missing here D;

18. Offline

Wulfspider

/me waves hand ... @Top_Cat is not the cat you are looking for.

19. Offline

zml2008

This issue is caused by an issue in Bukkit's plugin loader combined with a peculiarity in how Java implements a feature. It happens for users with and without Spout, and sometimes just disappears. This isn't a Spout issue, and it's not really a WorldEdit issue either. However, it can be fixed in WorldEdit and I'll do that for the next version.

20. Offline

a_iver

I don't know if anyone's reported this yet but I'm having an issue w/ the lighting on build 644. The corners of things are way darker than they should be... it's even hard to make out the texture it's so dark. I tried setting the smooth lighting to 1% which it said is supposed to be lighter, but I don't see any change at all. I tried toggling fancy lighting on and off and that doesn't seem to fix it either.

Also as a suggestion I think fancy grass should be on by default. I spent over 10 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong w/ my texture pack lol. I think most texture packs use biome grass anyways. That aside thank you for working so hard on spout, it's really awesome to be able to add new stuff to my server, and I'm really excited to what it's becoming. Right on.

21. Offline

Wulfspider

Update your Spoutcraft build to the latest development. It was fixed.

The defaults are what vanilla would give you, not what your preference may be.

22. Offline

Sh4d0w

what is fastlogin?

23. Offline

Wulfspider

For logging in fast. :p
    It bypasses the login screen and uses the last used login if you checked "remember me" previously.

24. Offline

Sh4d0w

this feature is nice, so why not saving enduring if its enabled?

25. Offline

Wulfspider

Did you click on the fast login button after launching? Because that is how you turn it off.

26. Offline

Zone

@Wulfspider

27. Offline

Afforess

Turn up chunk updates, turn off dynamic chunk loading - both are in video settings.

28. Offline

FergyJay1.8

Why doesnt spout work :mad:

the tumbler news feed says its not working? :(

and saying stuff like " This isnt the Tumbler News Feed your looking for"

29. Offline

LlywMiner

hey what happened to the manuall Spout craft? (sorry if it says somewhere havent found anything)

30. Offline

cheti1337

Okay, the first time i ran spout with spoutcraft and I think its really amazing. One problem tho, i have no lag with the normal minecraft launcher and i have sick fps decrease with the spoutcraft.jar launcher. Any suggestions?

31. Offline

Sh4d0w

oh, yes i clicked it on =)
    Now I understand it :D

thx

EDIT: Is it buggy? If fast login = enabled, my first java/spoutcraft window hangs and will be white. THe 2nd window (game) funct normally...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.