Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

dockter

Still broken in build 554.

3. Offline

MikeA

I'm pretty sure spout is causing items to dupe on player death. Unless this is a bug with Minecraft in general, at least.

When players die from falling or death by mobs, their items fall on the ground and dupe. This is killing my server, because everyones items are duping....

Spout is what I came out to when testing the plugins on my server.

4. Offline

Wulfspider

I have just tested the latest dev build, and it doesn't do it with Spout alone. So it could be another plugin that is causing issues. What build are you using?

What plugin are you using that makes the text fields?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  5. Offline

dockter

Its
    Its called BukkitInventoryTools.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ge...ors-chests-by-pincode-fingerprint-1240.36184/

You had said that this was in fact a spout error and that it was fixed, which is was in 529, but in most previous builds, 554 included, its broken again. See previous posts from me on this thread to reference that conversation.

6. Offline

Wulfspider

I don't remember saying that. I do remember saying that BukkitInventoryTools seems to have errors often caused by the developer. :p

7. Offline

dockter

That being said, build 529 works with this addon, 554 doesnt. Who has the bug?

8. Offline

Wulfspider

@Afforess may have found the cause of the issue. I'm sure he will let you know shortly. ;)
    I believe he is the one who originally confirmed the issue as well.

9. Offline

Afforess

Fixed. It was actually an idiosyncrasy with MCP, not a real bug.

10. Offline

dockter

Both of your efforts is appreciated. I wont run minecraft without spout anymore.

11. Offline

Wulfspider

He doesn't appreciate you @Top_Cat ... :(

12. Offline

xanthoss

hi im having problems with i think the memery aspect of spout. the problem is that i need spout for a server i joind but its slower and lags like hell in comparason to launcher minecraft. i know that there is options to lower this but it makes no real differance to the lag and at first it still worked but today 4 days after i downloaded spout as soon as i loged in a error message appeaerd saying " minecraft has run out of memory " but my local disk has 378 GB free the problems must be linked but i dont want to give up on the server i joined so is there anyway to fix this?

13. Offline

Wulfspider

How much memory did you assign to the Spoutcraft launcher or however you are launching it?

14. Offline

Pamelloes

It would probably be a good idea to make an option for it to be streamed (not all files need to be streamed because streaming will impact performance) because of copyright restrictions.

15. Offline

Wulfspider

If they have a direct link in the first place, then they are already violating copyright most likely unless they made it themselves or it's public domain and free to use and distribute.

Streaming IS downloading, just gradually... to a temp location usually.

16. It's amazing how many non-technical users don't realize this.

17. Offline

Pamelloes

Another question on the subject of sounds: After you start custom music playing, can you stop it? The SoundManager documentation only provides methods for stopping minecraft sounds, not custom sounds, so I'm not sure if there is another way to do this.

18. Offline

Afforess

19. Offline

Pamelloes

20. Offline

Buckethead

authenticateing spoutcraft option? like making sure its not crack or something?

21. Offline

Pamelloes

Spoutcraft already does this, but that doesn't mean much. All it does is make sure the version and stuff match up and that it works properly. If you don't want cracks to connect, go to server.properties and set Online-mode: to true. A cracked spoutcraft client, although harder to make then a cracked minecraft client, uses the same protocols to connect, and therefore will be stopped by the same tactics.

22. Offline

Buckethead

so then the option i said really does nothing?

23. Offline

Wulfspider

The AuthenticateTicks option?

24. Offline

Buckethead

wondering that to and this authenticateing spoutcraft option

25. Offline

Pamelloes

just set AuthenticateSpoutcraft: true and AuthenticateTicks: 200(in spout's config.yml) and online-mode: true in server.permissions. This should keep out hacked clients. If you only want spout clients, you can also set ForceSinglePlayerClient: true in spout's config.yml. The authenticateticks option is how long the server allots to authenticating spout craft before determining the spoutcraftclient is invalid. If you're connection is slow you might want to increase this to give clients more time to authenticate. Also, if you set AuthenticateSpoutcraft: false and ForceSinglePlayerClient: true, no-one will be able to connect because the client won't be able to authenticate itself(AuthenticateSpoutcraft: false) so ForceSinglePlayerClient: true will cause the client to be kicked after the 200 ticks expire. Hope this helps :)

26. Offline

Wulfspider

New recommended builds for Spout, SpoutAPI, Spoutcraft, and Spoutcraft Launcher have been promoted! Lots of bug fixes and improvements! Yay!

The new server listing page is in its earlier stages, so pardon our dust and please report any issues. The site for it is also unfinished.

27. Offline

LucidLethargy

All my players are unable to use my server since one of the last updates. I believe I am on the most current and I am still getting a java error and a disconnect : /

28. Offline

Wulfspider

Error logs would be useful.

29. Offline

BioRage

30. Offline

Wulfspider

UltraItems is outdated and needs to be updated. We've split up ItemManager.

31. Offline

BioRage

Thanks, so there's no substitute?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.