[DEV/INFO/RPG] mmoParty v1.3 - Leadership based parties with damage protection [Spout] [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Rycochet, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Rycochet

Now using BukkitDev for releases...
    This thread will remain for discussion only.
    Files also available here.

Attached Files:

SilverHearts, Botz147 and wassilij like this.
  2. Offline

kevn81

3. Offline

gamerphate

Hiya, I had a question. Is there any way you can tie this in so that it works with MagicSpells Plugin and the Minion line of spells? I have a few magic classes on my server that have temporary pets. I know since they vanish the game doesn't track them as pet's per say, but they do aggro on mobs that you attack. Would be neat to see your summoned pets show up along with the wolves hp bars in party.

(As well as keeping the party and the summoner from attacking the pet in battle would be awesome too, but if you get that first part working alone I would be very please) Thanks in advance! The guy posted the source for it on Bukkit Dev if you can pick apart the Java ;)

**Afterthought idea** If that is all possible, it would be epic to give them ability buttons to click on such attack, stay, or what not so you could kind of control them a bit more like pets. But I know that has more to do with MagicSpells, just an idea if anyone can help, thanks :)

4. Offline

Rycochet

I'm not planning on adding support for arbitrary plugins - but if they want to add support for mmoParty there's a simple API for it here - http://jd.mmo.me.uk/ - mmoPartyAPI can check if players are in the same party. If those plugins provide API access to their pet ownership then it should be simple to get somenoe to make a bridging plugin to do the same thing (not got the time here, sorry).

It's not possible to have buttons on the HUD - I'm busy coding for Spout right now, but once I get some time again I'll be working out a better way to interface things...

5. Offline

josip1

Plugin is completely broken with new bukkit build along with core.

6. Offline

Rycochet

Try updating to the dev builds which still work perfectly well... http://files.mmo.me.uk/dev/

7. Offline

josip1

That worked, I forgot to mention that.

With mmo party would you maybe consider adding a permission where when you have it you are automatically in a party with anyone with that permission.

My idea is with the latest dev build of mob arena you can add permissions to a class/player when they join...so if this would do it they should in theory be in a party together if I was to add say mmoparty.autojoin.arenaparty

Also posted the link to the api to the creator of mobarena...so likely this wont be needed...but I think it's still a good idea to have it for something else perhaps.

8. Offline

JamesTheFox

I'm using all the mmo from the devbuilds, none of them are working except chat, I'm really trying to get the UI to show up on mmoParty, help? D:

9. Offline

hqt99

The only additional feature I need from this plugin is the support of prefix and suffix in the public chat area. People have no idea what rank they are.

10. Offline

Rycochet

josip1 There's a nice and easy API for someone to do a plugin for that - not something I can see a use in the core plugins though.

JamesTheFox Surprised that only mmoChat doesn't work - the new dev builds of Bukkit and Spout both use a new Event system that I need to update for, but they all use various events. I've got to test everything for when I get the time to update the event system, so hopefully I'll pick up on that one too.

hqt99 Since there's no such thing as prefix and suffix in Spout/Bukkit and I'm assuming it's some form of permission plugin - someone needs to do a plugin to add them to the output, should be simple to do (just not something I'm interested in doing).

API is on - http://jd.mmo.me.uk/

11. Offline

md_5

Long time no see Rycochet. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5