Inactive [DEV] BukkitContrib Alpha 0.1.7 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Afforess

BukkitContrib is superseded by Spout, the new Bukkit/Client framework.

2. Offline

alta189

3. Offline

TruffleDucks

... It's only for premium users :(

4. Offline

alta189

What are you talking about?

5. Offline

Afforess

I think he's using a pirated copy of MC.

*tsk tsk*

6. Offline

alta189

Oh, LOL... I thought he meant the post. I made it that way so that people could only change the cape of an account they owned

7. Offline

TruffleDucks

Don't you have to register your minecraft password to do it? Mines doesn't have a password... wink wink :)

8. Offline

alta189

I'm sorry but I do not support cracked Minecraft... The game is very inexpensive. You have to be on an online version of the server when you register. No you do not use your minecraft password. I suggest you use a new password when registering with Cape Me.

9. Offline

TruffleDucks

Well... off to another plugin then

10. Offline

Afforess

Ciao. As much as I support FOSS, I also respect a developers right to charge for their work. If you really can't afford MC, you should be out getting a job, not playing a video game.

alta189 likes this.
  11. Offline

TruffleDucks

I have money, but not a credit card :eek:

12. Offline

Afforess

No bank account? You can hook your bank account up to paypal and pay that way. I have no credit cards either, only 1 debit card.

everyone having reload issues, can you please test this build for me?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49805/BukkitContrib 0.0.6 Build 1.7z

No API changes, just some altered packet handling.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  13. Code:
    18:32:33 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-766-g3fc0460-b818jnks (MC: 1.6.6)
    18:32:58 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to BukkitContrib
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "6_build1"
            at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkitcontrib.BukkitContrib.versionToString(BukkitContrib.java:102)
            at org.bukkitcontrib.BukkitContrib.sendBukkitContribVersionChat(BukkitContrib.java:120)
            at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(ContribPlayerListener.java:26)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:243)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:123)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:96)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:74)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet1Login.a(SourceFile:43)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:217)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:40)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:401)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

14. Offline

TruffleDucks

No debit card either :)

15. Offline

Afforess

Lol, my bad. One sec.

Edit: try downloading it now. Same link.

Debit card statement was offhand. You just need to know your bank account number and banks international routing number (usually on their website, or any checks you have)

16. Working properly now, probably. No changes in compatibility with AuthDB, but there should't be some, i think ;)

17. I'm sad because this collides with another client mod I use.

18. Offline

Afforess

I'm planning support for 2 other client mods, so just let me know (and give me the link to) the mod and I'll add it to my list.

There's no reason for it to be an either or choice. ;)

19. What about an AntiCheat Feature?
    Server admins could enforce the users to use the client mod.
    You could than very easily detect if a player is using the right
    texture-pack. I am not suggesting that it should be
    possible to browse the player hard drive though. Just check
    for existance and maybe md5 of files (within the Minecraft Folder)
    to ensure a clean Client.

Seems I got an Issue with my thinking...
    Code:
    public static final SimpleKeyboardManager keyboardManager=new SimpleKeyboardManager();
    public static final EvercraftKeyboardListener keyboardListener=new EvercraftKeyboardListener();
    keyboardManager.addKeyBinding(Keyboard.KEY_G,keyboardListener,pluginClass);

Evercraft implements KeyboardBinding. Any apparent reason why that would produce a null Pointer exception on Line 32 of SimpleKeyboardManager, which is this: "keyMap.get(plugin).get(key).add(keyBinding);" ?

Probably just a Brainfail right know. Maybe I sort it out after I got some sleep...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

20. Offline

Reterg

I think better to prevent the use of the cheats. Some people like to have the various client mods/cheats in their single player games so they may not have clean Clients. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed on a server. Just that they shouldn't be allowed to use the cheats.

Just my 2 cents.

21. Offline

timtotal

why isnt my question answered in any way? did i do anything wrong? you cant say it isnt a problem with your plugin, because when i delete the jar and reload, the problem doesnt return. thank you for your support or help me with what i am doing wrong!
    timtotal

i have to correct my post, because its not the commands of worldedit not working, only the tools that do certain commands dont work anymore, for example the compass leftclick, that does jumpto doesnt work, but i can type in /jumpto manually and it works. also the woodaxe for selecting the positions doesnt work, but all other things work.

22. Offline

HunterAP

Afforess, any chance you could add a list of plugins that are using BukkitContrib?

23. Offline

Grotznak

Just one word in Barney Stinson style.

"Nice!"

an "Awesome" or more might follow after I tested it ^^

24. Offline

rtcabooservb

Any ETA on 0.0.6?

25. Offline

Jan Tojnar

I have another suggestions:
    temporary chat message — it can be timed or destroyed from plugin, usable for plugin info to not spam chat
    ChatKeyPressedEvent — suitable for 'player is typing…' message in cooperation with preceeding

26. Offline

Afforess

I fear that even attempting to detect cheating would just spawn a BukkitContrib clone that sends the correct "data" but is cheating. Preventing cheaters is only possible on a system where you have complete control over the hardware (e.g game console).

I have no idea which ones are, and I expect that list would grow very long. Any plugins that are will list it on their opening post.

Alright, that makes things easier.

The OP already has a guesstimate timeline.

I'm a developer on a lot of heavily discussed plugins - it's incredibly easy for me to miss one of the 100 alerts I get each time I log in. As my signature says, if you feel I missed a post, PM me.

Also, the problem you are describing was an issue with versions of BukkitContrib before 0.0.4. I'd check you are on the latest version.

First off - and this is my fault, I have not provided adequate examples of how to use the code - you're doing it wrong.

There are 2 ways to detect key presses. The keyboard listener, which you can create a subclass of in your plugin and listen to the key events just like any other event.

OR, you can bind an action to a specific key, for more granular control. You don't need to create a copy of the SimpleKeyboardManager, it should be a singleton. You can get it by using BukkitContrib.getKeyboardManager().

Looking at the code for SKM, I don't see any issues with line 32, but I haven't actually tested it in production. :/

27. Haha, I knew it was your fault. Shame on you! :p
    I got it now, thanks.

28. Offline

alta189

@Afforess I was just about to start working on another plugin using BukkitContrib, but wondered if I should wait on 0.0.6 Is the release still on schedule and I should wait, or what? Thanks! :D

29. Offline

Afforess

Don't wait, 0.0.6 will be backwards compatible, no API breaks. I'll be using deprecation if I decide to remove API first. ;)

Not sure I follow - could you give me an example of where it would be used?

30. Offline

alta189

Oh :D, I had thought you were changing the packet handling because of the Chunk issues. :D Thats good cause I started :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.