Inactive [DEV] BukkitContrib Alpha 0.1.7 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Afforess

BukkitContrib is superseded by Spout, the new Bukkit/Client framework.

2. Offline

abclive

Hi, I copy BukkitContrib.jar in my plugins folder and install with the installer the mod, but plugins won't work, I try BCMusic, MineDJ Player Editor, they don't work normally :S BCMusic say in chat "BukkitContrib isn't installed"

3. Offline

desht

First, amazing work on this. Now some questions :)

Can the various SoundManager methods to play background music be called multiple times at different locations (with potentially varying distance & volume parameters) and reasonable behaviour be expected? I'm trying to set up some "speakers" and getting somewhat flaky behaviour if I call playGlobalCustomMusic() more than once for the same URL (and differing location) - it plays OK from one location but often not from the others. Or can I only expect it to play from the last location that was passed to playGlobalCustomMusic()?

Secondly, is there way for plugins to know when playback for a given song is finished? Some kind of custom event would be nice here, but I couldn't see one offhand. Update: I see BackgroundMusicEvent, but it seems that only gets fired when a new song starts, not when a song is stopped. Also, it doesn't provide a way to get the location(s) at which the song was started.

4. I am not sure, what you have on mind...
    We don't use xAuth, but we can use it for our server.. blah blah.. but I don't know what exactly "command exception" should do. And.. I have no idea, what exception I should to add and why. How can command exception help me with skin appearing? :)

5. Offline

chisox8

I installed the cleint mod (manually), it works with just a vanilla minecraft installment, but with my installment with zombe modpack (fly enabled), cave finder/xray, zenaris minimap, and too many items + it is patched to 64x, I got a blackscreen when I tried to install. What is this? Can I not have any other mods?

6. Hi,

I can't figure out how to use the onInventoryClose()
    Can someone help me...

Code:
    plugin.getServer().getPluginManager().registerEvent(Event.Type.INVENTORY_CLOSE, this, Event.Priority.Normal, plugin);

public void onInventoryClose(InventoryCloseEvent event) {
         log.info("Inventory Closed");
    }

7. Offline

Cenarius

i dunno if it's possible ..
    but i'll suggest it anyway ..
    can you make a option to allow only people with bukkit conterib client mod to connect ?
    and if they don't have it it shows them a message tells them to download the mod to be able to connect
    or go to a website that explains how to install it ..
    it would be better if it was customizable ..

8. That is already in there, check the config file.

9. Offline

narrowtux

That's already in the config, check the first post ;)

10. Offline

CraftFire

This should be fixed in 2.3.0 dev builds of AuthDB.
    You will have to check for conflicting class files. You can't have 20 mods if they all replace the same file or few.

11. Offline

chisox8

I think I got it working, just had to start with clean and work from there (and yes all those mods are compatible, thats why I use them. The only one that was not was XRAY, which is fine, I have my own server any way)

12. Offline

Cenarius

haven't noticed it sorry xD

13. Offline

Stään

The client mod doesn't work with the hd patch...

or am i doing something wrong?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  14. Offline

Macthezazou

If Bukkit Contrib is complet load and he is correctly installed in the server
    What is the start server message in the server.log???
    because i have just a message:
    "bukkit is initialized"

15. Offline

eye[knot]

im not sure but the BC plugin owerloads my loclhost server :S

16. Offline

L24D

In xAuth's config, you can allow commands that would normally be blocked by it...
    Here's a copy of mine, just as an example:
    Code:
    misc:
        allow-changepw: true
        allowed-cmds:
        - /register
        - /login
        - /serveradmin
        - /time
        - /rules
        - /motd
        - /debug clock
        - /ping
        - /changepw
        - //worldedit cui
        - //0.1.1
        - /worldedit cui
        - /0.1.1
    Just allows commands to be run before logging in or registering.
    Hope that makes a difference for you @Aiquen
    I can't really say if that for me yet, waiting for GroupManager support. :p
    Works for the worldedit grid.. so... as far as i know.. it should.

also.. //0.1.1 is a command run by the bukkitcontrib client. so... i'm not sure if that's just so it can check for updates, or what. :p. just for the record.

17. Offline

Macthezazou

L24D what is the message in your server log for bukkit Contrib wenn you restert your server

18. I get an error that INVENTORY_CLOSE isn't supported, but got Bukkit Contribution running on the server...

Code:
    date?): Event INVENTORY_CLOSE is not supported
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Event INVENTORY_CLOSE is not supported
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.createExecutor(JavaPluginLoad
    er.java:839)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.<init>(RegisteredListener.java:2
    6)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.registerEvent(SimplePluginManag
    er.java:360)
            at nl.rodey.personalchest.pchestMain.onEnable(pchestMain.java:35)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:857)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

19. Offline

Milchshakee

Can you add the feature that you can disable some events ? Because since 0.1.1 there are a few new events...and some plugins like lockcraft, which aren't updated and won't be updated, dont support this new events.
    Or can you make a version which supports 1.7.2 but don't have any new events ?
    pls ;)

20. Offline

DefMenge

All users in my server who are running BukkitContrib frequently get a dirt screen and the following error in the terminal randomly, usually while typing in the chat:
    Code:
    java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
    	at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1949)
    	at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1916)
    	at ChatManager.onChatKeyTyped(ChatManager.java:86)
    	at gc.a(GuiChat.java:34)
    	at da.g(SourceFile:134)
    	at da.e(SourceFile:112)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1299)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:754)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    The server is running the latest version of Bukkit and BukkitContrib, and the players are all running the the latest version of BukkitContrib as well, we were trying to use both Player Editor or DispNameChanger for changing names and skins. The number after "String index out of range" seems to vary randomly.

21. Hay is there any way to change the texture of one specific monster atm??

If not it would be great if you will add it in the future :D

22. I got it finally... adding /0.1.1 to xAuth allowed command is making client "out of memory" fall very fast, but it's problem of my Skin plugin (probably)... not solved, but you helped me a lot, thank you :)

23. Offline

L24D

@Aiquen
    Glad to be of assistance :D
    Shame it didn't fix it completely... it was technically only a workaround though :p
    i might have a solution for the memory problem too. :p Lemme see...
    Java has something.. i believe they call it a garbage collector...
    Let me pull it from my server really quick. Basically all you do is, replace -xms#### with -xincgc
    I'm pretty sure all it does is keep memory freed up.
    The string in the batchfile, with the changes should look something like this:
    java -Xincgc -xmx(memory amount here) -jar bukkitname.jar

Sorry guys, didn't mean to get carried away with this... Just trying to lighten the load a bit on the devs. :)

[edit]: I may not be 100% correct... so bear with me... it should affect how memory is used nonetheless.

24. Offline

alta189

Player Editor has errors, hopefully the bug fix will be out tonight

@Afforess I am having issues with multi-lined titles...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

25. Offline

Afforess

I've already contacted the developer of the HD texture fix, and he is adding compatibility.

For the moment, you can overwrite the files with the HD Texture fix, the changes are extremely small, and will not break any features, except for changing texture packs mid-game.

Okay, thanks. I will be releasing a fix shortly.

I'll post more on this later.

Correct.

Okay, I will test that.

It's an issue with AuthDB and xAuth, not BC. I can not fix it, because it's not a problem with my plugin.

I'm assuming you're using MC 1.72, correct? You deleted the Meta-Inf? Make sure any other client mods you have are not conflicting.

Not compatible with TMI, nor XRay.

Try this:

Code:
    public class MyListener extends InventoryListener {
    plugin.getServer().getPluginManager().registerEvent(Event.Type.CUSTOM_EVENT, this, Event.Priority.Normal, plugin);

public void onInventoryClose(InventoryCloseEvent event) {
        log.info("Inventory Closed");
    }
    }

It sends a command with the version number. Next release it will be 0.1.2, etc.

It is supported. BukkitContrib's inventory close is a custom event, not the official bukkit event.

Thanks, I'll have a fix up in an hour or so.

I'll look into it.

26. Thx got it working now!!
    Currently submitting my plugin.

27. Offline

Afforess

Care to be more specific?

All the links work fine.

28. Offline

alta189

It just doesnt do anything when I add \n

plus if I type it in game, it adds a new line in the chat bar...

29. Offline

Afforess

1.)Background music is a 1 at a time deal. Only 1 music source can exist at a time. If you want multiple, use sound effects. When you play a new background music file, it ends any already playing, whereas sound effects can play overtop of one another.

2.) Not yet. I've been meaning to add that.

\n is a special case with the chat bar, it adds extra lines, correct. I suggest coming with with a keyword, like [NEWLINE] if you need to type a new line character into chat, and parsing it with your plugin.

30. Offline

alta189

but it still shows \n in the title

31. Offline

Afforess

Are you using the string "\n" or the character '\n'? I can double check it, but I'm pretty sure it was working...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.