Inactive [DEV] BukkitContrib Alpha 0.1.7 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Afforess

BukkitContrib is superseded by Spout, the new Bukkit/Client framework.

2. Offline

papand13

What is wrong if using BC Music all my songs (wav format) stops at 1:34?
    There is no error messages or anything? D:

3. mc1.7, craftbukkit#946, bukkitcontrib 0.8a:
    The first error is common on every login. There are also errors on placing blocks. But there seems to be a more severe error (second error) that makes the server unable to uphold any connection after certain players join (though they don't use client mods):

Code:
    2011-06-30 17:25:26 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to BukkitContrib
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
            at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.<init>(ContribCraftPlayer.java:41)
            at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.updateBukkitEntity(ContribCraftPlayer.java:197)
            at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(ContribPlayerListener.java:21)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:244)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:124)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:97)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-06-30 17:25:29 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: f
    2011-06-30 17:25:29 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.a(ContribNetServerHandler.java:167
    )
    2011-06-30 17:25:29 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.Packet102WindowClick.a(SourceFile:28)
    2011-06-30 17:25:29 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    2011-06-30 17:25:29 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    2011-06-30 17:25:29 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    2011-06-30 17:25:29 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    2011-06-30 17:25:29 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    2011-06-30 17:25:29 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-06-30 17:25:29 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: f
            at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.a(ContribNetServerHandler.java:167)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet102WindowClick.a(SourceFile:28)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

4. Offline

IceReaper

Cant wait for next release :) i just finished (next test version) my plugin which uses bukkitContrib. if now bukkit releases their actual 1.7.1 as RB, and BukkitContrib works with it, it would be awesome :) *waiting, hoping, praying, whatever* :D

5. Offline

subanoomic

The JavaDocs are offline: "Error loading page. Please contact the support team."

6. Offline

AxelBrito

I just want to change the players skins

7. Offline

alta189

Search Player Editor

Afforess said that the update for 1.7.x will be out sometime before the Fourth of July

8. Offline

narrowtux

Isn't fourth of july independence day in America? Makes sense now :D

9. Offline

FrostyWolf

@Afforess

Great job! A suggestion, perhaps you could add a "List of known mods that use this" section to your OP, and also a "List of things the client side mod does by it self" section to explain the benefits (chat functionality, optimization, etc) of running the client side mod.

10. Offline

jeanpoivrot

one thing is missing on my minecraft, pressing ctrl+Up ou UP don't write previous send command/text this is working on minecraft classic, but not on beta, if you guys can add this, it can be very very usefull, thanks.

11. Offline

halvors

@Afforess
    May you add an EntityMoveEvent?

12. Offline

Afforess

If either of you payed for any public education (e.g university), I'd demand your money back.

Give me a url to one of the files that is giving you problems.

My web host is down. Nothing I can do atm.

I will with 0.9.

No, I can't without modding Craftbukkit classes, and I am avoiding that. Feel free to add it yourself, and submit it as a pull request.

Entity Move: https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukk...in/java/net/minecraft/server/Entity.java#L344

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  13. Offline

Qix

Lol I love you Afforess. #629 made my day.

14. Offline

papand13

15. Offline

alta189

16. Offline

captainawesome7

17. Offline

Afforess

18. Offline

captainawesome7

19. Offline

Afforess

Javadocs are back up.

20. Offline

captainawesome7

Is addKeyBinding(Keyboard key, KeyboardBinding keyBinding, Plugin plugin) working?
    I can give you the code if you want, but as I understand it for keyBinding I just put a new class that I created that implements KeyboardBinding right? I keep getting nullpointerexceptions, but I have no idea why...

21. Offline

eye[knot]

ok i'm beginner @ all this server stuff, about the 1.7 thing, is this plugin allready released for 1.7 or you are working on it? just asking. btw thanks, i tryed it but it didnt work :/ my bad i guess, [sorry about bad english]

22. Offline

Afforess

If there is no official bukkit build for 1.7, why there would be a build of this plugin for 1.7? An update will be out when bukkit moves to 1.7. Not sooner.

Correct, a keybinding class must implement KeyboardBinding. If you're getting NPE's, post them.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  23. There's a dev build of bukkit. There could be a dev build of BK :)

24. Offline

halvors

@Afforess
    There is a move packet sent, isn't it?

25. Offline

jrtc27

May I just remind you of this?

26. Offline

MatthiasGi

Well it doesn't make sense, to make an update, if it is not working because of Bukkit, that is not working... I must completly support Afforess in that, without a stable update of Bukkit, I wouldn't make an update either.

27. Offline

Pasukaru

@jrtc27 & @MatthiasGi

I agree to @MatthiasGi, that's what the system is about - to ensure developers can work something stable, and server admins know that plugins are / are not compatible. It's still possible to have bugs in RBs, (like RB 928) but hey - everyone makes a mistake once in a while, right?

I don't check if my plugins are compatible to every new non-RB because I don't have the time to it - and it could contain bugs that might be fixed in the next recommended build, which would potentially lead me to fixing a bug fix. :confused:

IMHO, server admins shouldn't even update to a non-recommended build, unless they really want to search for bugs.

28. Offline

papand13

Tried af different link. Now they all stop at 3:09??

29. Offline

FrostyWolf

Awesome! You always do a great job, your work is top notch. (no pun intended)

30. Offline

MojoManagement

Sorry, didn't get the small info at the end ;-)
    Just wanted to post errorlog, not blaming anyone, but okay. ;)

31. Offline

phaed

953 came out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.