DELETED

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Bammerbom, May 23, 2014.

?

Is this Awesome?

1. YES!

22.2%
  2. No.

77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bammerbom

REQUEST FOR REMOVAL

2. Offline

viper_monster

Bammerbom You should post the code to GitHub gist cause everything is messed up.

3. Offline

Garris0n

...what on earth is the point of this?

So kinda like this?

And you shouldn't really use Reflection, at least without making sure the code will automatically break on new versions of MC.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  4. Offline

bigteddy98

Hi,

Awesome but one rquest: build in to ask the client to download the resource pack if it hasn't yet.

5. Offline

JuicyDev

6. Offline

Garris0n

So? They're not going to remove it, it's likely just a way to say "hey, actually use the other method unless you need this one". Either way, using a deprecated method is a lot better than (unsafely) using reflection to hack into the server and send the packet yourself.

7. Offline

JuicyDev

I agree, I thought at first that the method was for an enumerator and that the string was the name of a constant, however on further examination the method straight up sends a PlayOutNamedSoundEffect with the string as the string in the packet.

I in no way think that it was the best way to go about it, but either way, this class looks neigh identical to the one a wrote in the thread where you where asking for help in this area. I don't think that you can a few minor things then slap an author tag on in and claim it as yours.
    At least credit, I mean come on.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.