Default system encoding may have misread config.yml from plugin jar

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by KarimAKL, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KarimAKL

Okay, i've been trying to make a plugin and it seems to work just one thing, sometimes i get this text in console "Default system encoding may have misread config.yml from plugin jar" but i don't know what it means, i've been trying to see if i wrote anything wrong in my config.yml file but i can't seem to see anything wrong and sometimes it doesn't come when i do the same thing.
    Here is my config.yml if needed:
    Code:
    Ban:
      GUI:
        Name: "Ban {player}"

Hack:
          Name: "Hack"
          Lore-enabled: true
          Lore: "Press this to ban {player} for hack"
          Reason: "You have been banned for hack by {player}"

Choose-player: "You need to choose a player you want to ban!"
        Choose-reason: "You need to choose a reason you want to ban {player} for!"
        Player-not-found: "A player with the name {player} have never played on this server!"
        Player-already-banned: "{player} is already banned!"
        Reason-does-not-exist: "This reason doesn't exist!"
        Banned-player: "You have banned {player} for {reason}!"

Unban:
      GUI:
        Navn: "Unban {player}"

Yes:
          Name: "Yes"
          Lore: "Press this to unban {player}"

No:
          Name: "No"
          Lore: "Press to not unban {player}"

Choose-player: "You need to choose a player you want to unban!"
        Player-not-found: "A player with the name {player} have never played on this server!"
        Player-not-banned: "{player} is not banned!"
        Unbanned-player: "You have unbanned {player}!"
        Did-not-unban: "Did not unban {player}!"
    I'm getting these lines the same way i've been getting them in other plugins and it doesn't come with this "Default system encoding may have misread config.yml from plugin jar" message. :7
    The plugin seems to work as intended but this message is pretty annoying to get almost all the time. :/
    I've tried looking it up but i couldn't find any answers that helped me. :/
    Btw i tried this but it came with "Valid YAML!" message so that didn't really help. :/ Also this message doesn't come with any lines that i can look at to find the error. :7

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@KarimAKL Encoding is entire file, not lines.
    What editor do you use to edit the file?

3. Offline

KarimAKL

@timtower I wrote all this in Eclipse but when i edit it i use Notepad++, but in this case i didn't edit anything. :7

4. Online

@KarimAKL I believe that notepad++ has an encoding settings somewhere, put it on UTF-8

5. Offline

KarimAKL

@timtower Normally it's set to UTF-8 but for some reason it went to ANSI instead. :7 Anyway changing to UTF-8 and reloading the server didn't change anything. :/

6. Online

@KarimAKL Stop the server, upload the jar, start the server, reload can do weird things.

7. Offline

KarimAKL

@timtower I did and i also made sure it was UTF-8 before using the command, tho when i upload the jar and it creates the plugin folder with the config.yml it automatically goes to ANSI instead of UTF-8, any way to change that? Anyway, any other ideas as to why this is happening?

8. Online

@KarimAKL Might be your IDE, not sure though.

9. Offline

KarimAKL

@timtower But this is the only plugin doing this. :/ Btw just to be 100% sure, IDE is Eclipse in my case, right?

10. Online

11. Offline

KarimAKL

@timtower Okay, thank you. :)

If anyone else knows how to "fix" this please let me know. :p (It's not that important but i would like for it to be "fixed")

12. Offline

MrGeneralQ

Is there a chance you used tabs instead of spaces to create the indentions? Also, here is a thread that has been marked as solved related to the same issue.

https://bukkit.org/threads/default-...ve-misread-config-yml-from-plugin-jar.453332/

But the answer is not in there. Maybe you could give it a try sending a message to that person asking for the solution and share it in this thread so every bukkit member with the same issue could refer back to this thread.

13. Offline

KarimAKL

@MrGeneralQ No, i've only been using spaces and not tabs and i could try sending the person in that thread a message. :p Gonna try now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.