Default catch code for unknown commands

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by aviator14, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

aviator14

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where in the code the "Unknown command, type "help" for a list of commands" string is written. I know it must be somewhere in bukkit or craftbukkit because by default, the vanilla minecraft server says "Type "/help" for a list of commands" which is much more sensible because the 3rd rule of SMP is that players are stupid, resulting in countless players literally typing
    Code:
    <bobderpson> "help"
    Since bukkit still hasn't changed that, I would like to be able to change it in my own copy of CB, but I have not been able to find this line in the source on github or from a decompiled bukkit.jar. I've checked the craftbukkit source (not as thouroughly, but still checked the imo obvious places) and still no avail. Anyone know where it is?

2. Offline

CRAZYxMUNK3Y

aviator14 likes this.
  3. Offline

aviator14

wow thank you very much. and as i predicted, it was somewhere i wouldn't have guessed :$

4. Offline

CRAZYxMUNK3Y

No worries, just for future reference too, if you know how to pull from Github, pull it, then use git grep "String" to search a string in the whole repository. That's how i found it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.