Debugging code requiring multiple players

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by bigbeno37, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bigbeno37

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what you do about debugging code that cannot be tested with a single, local player but instead requires two or more in order to properly test. You see, I DO have friends, but I don't wanna bore them as I fix any bugs in my code.

So, ideas?

2. Offline

Goblom

I usually host the server locally in offline-mode and load up MC with a legit user and then load up MC again with play offline mode. Then i connect both to localhost and do what needs to be done...

PS. They both get it on

3. Offline

Pizza371

bigbeno37
    create a different way (activate the code that way), or just make it run for less players? Depending on what it is its hard to say lol

4. Offline

bigbeno37

Goblom How do you propose I start up in offline mode in one client?

5. Offline

clienthax

what?
    you set the server to offline mode, then you load up multiple clients to connect

6. Offline

The_Doctor_123

bigbeno37
    You can disconnect from your Internet, then it will allow you to launch in offline mode.

7. Offline

Stealth2800

I'm interested in knowing what other people do. :p I recently had to debug a plugin using 7 accounts and it wasn't fun..

8. Offline

The_Doctor_123

Stealth2800
    Yeah, there's not really a better way to do it unless you have some patient friends.

9. Offline

1Rogue

Or multiple accounts

:>

10. Offline

Shevchik

Just use offline mode

11. Offline

drtshock

Multiple accounts, awesome and patient friends, or localhost with offline mode. If you do the latter then make sure that you reproduce any bugs you have in onlinemode if you seek help from the Bukkit community :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.