Debug Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by MPG1, Apr 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MPG1

I would really like a kind of debug plugin. It would run a command/action as a certain player(e.g spawning a mob, placing/breaking, interact, running a command) and tell the debugger what plugin was blocking the action/ if the action was not blocked.

Code:
    /debug <action> [player]
    Permission: debug.debug
         Player defaults to you, for chat command put quotes around it.
         Actions: Break, Place, Interact, "Chat", "Command"

/help
    Permission: debug.help
         Shows the message above.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@MPG1 We can't see what plugin is blocking it though. Just that it is blocked.

3. Offline

MPG1

It seems that worldguard's debug can tell you what is blocking an action. For example, If you were jailed in EssentialsX, and you don't have permission to break, then worldguard's debug would tell you that EssentialsX was blocking that action. I wasn't sure this was possible, but could you, perhaps, expand worldguard's debug then?

4. That is because it was manually added in to support EssentialsX, which is why it won't be able to tell what other plugins are restricting you from doing.
    To "expand" WG's debugging method, we'd have to "expand" it manually for every single plugin 1 by 1.
    Not all plugins have an API for us to easily use either.

5. Offline

MPG1

Welp, Thanks for giving your time to helping me, I guess this is a dead end for this plugin request. Thanks anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.