Deathban plugin with lives

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by U1S, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Mechanics

Minecraft version: 1.14.4

Suggested name: Deathban (idk deathban something)

What I want: I need an deathban plugin that is compatible with 1.14.4 that has lives and permissions for groups that would have a different deathban time.

Ideas for commands: /lives check <playername> (check someones lives) (default)
    /lives send <playername> <amount> (send somebody lives and takes your lives)
    /lives revive <playername> (revives someone with your own lives (takes 1 life from the person who uses it)) (default)
    /lives remove <playername> <amount> (removes lives from player) (admin)
    /lives set <playername> <amount> (modify someones lives) (admin)
    /lives add <playername> <amount> (check someones lives) (admin)
    /lives adminrevive <playername> (revives someone without using lives) (admin)
    /lives reload (reload's the plugin) (admin) (this is not really that important)
    and maybe some commands that i didn't include

Ideas for permissions: deathban.admin (allows all commands)
    Okay and for some permissions you make them your own like this (i dont know how to explain it sorry) (and this would be in the config)
    'vip'
    deathbantime:10m

s=second m=minute h=hour
    And the permission for having a 10 minute deathban time would be like "deathban.length.vip"
    and that's how it would work.

When I'd like it by: Before 27th or 28th of July (I know that's a pretty tight schedule when asking for a free plugin :/ )
    EDIT: Make this public if you want

2. Offline

KarimAKL

@U1S Do you think you could explain what a "deathban" is? This is how i'm understanding it:
    When a player dies they are banned for X amount of time, depending on their permission.
    I don't quite understand what you mean by "lives", etc.

3. Yes that is how a deathban works and now the lives part, lives can revive a player instantly when you use it and to use it you have to log back in twice.
    EDIT: Imagine like HCF (Go search minecraft HCF)

4. Offline

Machine Maker

@KarimAKL were you planning on making this or were you just asking a clarifying statement? If you aren't working on it, I can.

5. Offline

KarimAKL

6. Offline

Machine Maker

@U1S Couple questions,

1. Can I make the base command "deathban" or "db" as an alias for it instead of "lives"?

2. For the /lives check, do you want anyone to be able to check ANY other player's live count? Or just their own. Maybe with a deathban.lives.other permission they can check other people's lives as well.

7. Yes "deathban" or "db" is a lot better than "lives" and I don't know why I didn't put that and you might make this plugin public so you could add the permission, but I don't really mind it myself.
    Thanks.

8. Offline

Machine Maker

@U1S Quick question, the /adminrevive command, I'm not sure of its purpose. There is always pardon to unban someone, and you can add 1 life back. So I feel that its redundant. Am I missing something?

Same situation with the revive command. Although, I suppose with the player revive, it should unban the player if a player sends them a life.

Here is the initial version.

The way time is configured is as follows.
    [​IMG]
    w is weeks
    d is days
    h is hours
    m is minutes
    s is seconds
    there is also a config option for starting lives. I wasn't sure how to handle that.
    Please post here if/when there is an issue that pops up.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  9. Yes the /adminrevive does exactly what you would think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.