DayZ Mod Request

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iamcion, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Offline

iamcion

hello, i need a server plugin, but i lack the capability to make it...

you can call it whatever you want, essentially all i want is to customise mob drops (there are none updated yet :c), control zombie, giant zombie and zombie pigman's attack and speed.

and special abilities for those mobs, such as: Stomp (for the giant, it jumps up and when it lands, it makes a explosion) Kick (for the giant, it just knocks you back far)
    for the zombie pigman, it can explode and at the same time it releases 4 little zombies that are really fast.
    and for the regular zombie, everytime it hits you, there is a 30% chance it can poison you for 8seconds

please make this for me! i would be happy to donate!

2. Offline

jorisk322

Clonez + otherdrops?

3. Offline

iamcion

otherdrops hasnt been updated im pretty sure.

4. Offline

jorisk322

It IS updated. Latest file was submitted 2 days ago. The author is working hard at improving it...

5. Offline

iamcion

oh woops, i did not know that :O
    i must be thinking of another plugin haha thanks.

6. Offline

Zarius

Yup, definitely updated - I spent quite a while last night working on it :) Latest build on a Jenkins server here: http://ifami.dyndns.org:8080/job/OtherDrops/

There was almost a year where it was updated much so that might be what you are thinking of but it was still working - in fact OtherDrops has been running since Feb 2011 (when it was originally created as OtherBlocks) :)

Yes, OtherDrops can do a fair bit of this - customising mob drops is a speciality but you can also add custom equipment, potion effects (for modifying the mobs attack or speed), explosions and baby zombies & allowing the zombie to poison you, eg:

Code:
      PLAYER:  # the one being hit
        - tool: ZOMBIE  # what hit him
          action: HIT      # action hit, otherwise the default is on a kill
          potioneffect.victim: poison@3@160  # poison level 3 for 160 ticks (8 seconds)
          chance: 30%

# example showing optional conditions
      # eg. zombies have a 10% chance of dropping a diamond if killed
      # with hands, in the desert, at night time only.
      ZOMBIE:
        - drop: DIAMOND
          chance: 10%
          tool: hands
          biome: desert
          time: night

These config snippets just go at the bottom of the otherdrops-drops.yml file that comes with OtherDrops.

7. Offline

chicken970

Mcedit filters can work if you're willing to use spawners.

8. Offline

deApollo

9. Offline

iamcion

thanks guys :)

10. Offline

iamcion

how exactly can i edit a spawner? :s with mcedit :SSSSSSSS

11. Offline

chicken970

You make a filter. Google "Mcedit filters" Theres a bunch of helpful youtube vids. They're nice because you can do just about anything with them. You can edit spawning range, gear, light levels, mob types, potion effects, armor effects, weapon effects and a bunch more. For example you can take a zombie with no gear of any sort make it invincible and give it sharpness 500000 and speed and allow it to spawn in a 100 block radius in groups of 3 in any light level. you can even make baby zoms :D