Database, or something else?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Daantjuh001, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Daantjuh001

Hello everyone!

I'm new over here, and I want to first introduce myself :) My name is Daantjuh001, I'm 14 years old, and I live in the Netherlands. I love programming, and I am programming since my 12th.

After being a Minecraft player for more than a year, I want to create my own Bukkit plugin Java. I already have some small Java knowledge. So, I started yesterday, and I went quite well.

I now already have comments and stuff, and some chat formats. The whole idea of the plugin is having a currency system, and you can create groups, like small towns. I also want to do some small things, like changing the chat format, and login and quit messages, and things like this. The plugin I'm creating will be used for my own server, but if you are interested in it, just send me a message and I think I'll just send you the plugin.

Now, I already did these small things, and they are working. But when today, I wanted to make a start with the currency system, I had some problems. A friend of me, told me to use SQLite, so started searching on the internet, but couldn't find any info for a noob with that stuff, so started searching just for SQL for plugins for bukkit. But that, didn't work neither.

So now, my question is, does anyone have tips for a noob like me at saving things in Java, in a database? Or can someone make a small tutorial for me?

Regards,
    Daantjuh001

2. Offline

colony88

Hey Daantjuh, ik zou je wel kunnen "inleiden" in het programmeren van Bukkit als je wil?
    I'll continue in English, so others could read it aswell.
    I only recently started too, but as it's not that hard, I already know a decent bit of it.
    Pm me if you want?

3. Offline

Daantjuh001

Yes, I really want it :) I'll PM you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.