Database driven and protected Signs

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by brafenschlug, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Offline

brafenschlug

Pretty self explanatory from the title. What I'm thinking of is a plugin that stores specified signs in a MySQL database and also protects them from being destroyed, this way you can show the same information in-game and on a website. SignProtect protects signs but cannot store the information on them.

Some suggested commands and permissions:

/signstore <optional id> - Saves the sign information into the database. Left click on the sign or smash it with a book or something after the command to define what sign to protect.

/signprotect <optional id> - Protects the sign from being destroyed. Left click on the sign or smash it with a book or something after the command to define what sign to protect (or enter an already existing id?).

/signarchive <optional id> - Some fusion of the two commands above.

---

'signarchive.store' - Allows the user to store signs.
    'signprotect.store' - Allows the user to protect signs.
    'signarchive.destroy' - Allows the user to destroy protected and stored signs.

Database:
    The optional id I mentioned above is for identification and sorting when presenting signs on a website. E.g.: I make some signs that are considered roadmarks that I intend to display on a map or something, naming the signs roadmarker_location1, roadmarker_location2 etc. would easily allow me to code an interface in php or whatever that sorts out my roadmark signs from my information display signs.

Misc settings
    It would be nice to have an option that enabled all created signs to be stored in the database but not protected by default.