Dark sky without rain

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by JoshArgent, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JoshArgent

Hi,

I'm making a custom survival games plugin for my server and I'm wanting to make the sky look grey and dark (like when it rains) but not actually have any rain falling.

Some brief pointers would be appreciated. :)
    - Josh.

2. I think that's client side, however you can set the environment to the nether or the end to get a dark effect.

3. Offline

JoshArgent

Are you sure? What about that stage between thunder and the downpour of rain?
    Changing the environment sounds like an interesting idea, I will look into that.
    Thanks.

4. Offline

JoshArgent

5. Offline

JoshArgent

Bump. Still need to find a way to do this. :(

6. Offline

boboman13

I take it setting it to evening wouldn't do what you want, JoshArgent?

7. Offline

JoshArgent

It's not the same effect. I'm after the sort of sky that you see in a desert when it's raining.

8. Offline

boboman13

JoshArgent you may be onto something. In deserts it doesn't rain, so would setting it to rain but actually setting the biome to desert work?

9. Offline

JoshArgent

I would do that but then the grass goes that aweful colour of green. Unless I set the ground blocks to 'forest' and the rest to desert? Not sure how well that will work.

10. Offline

boboman13

JoshArgent It might be possible with the plugin TerrainControl; I don't know exactly how good it is but I know that it has some sort of grass color works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.