DailyLoot [1.10]

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by BlockHeads36, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BlockHeads36

I do realize I have been requesting a lot, but I promise this will be my last request for a while. :)

Minecraft version:
    Minecraft [1.10]

Suggested name:
    DailyLootCrate

Overview: I would like a plugin that allows players to loot crates every 24 hour. When a player loots a crate, they will not be given every single item that was added to the crate. [Items will be picked at random, duplicates can happen]. When you are able to loot a crate again, you will get a message telling you that it is lootable.

Commands and Permissions:
    No Permission Needed
    - /loot [name] > Shows how much longer until you can use the crate.
    - /loot list > Lists all crates on the server.
    dailyloot.staff
    - /loot create [name] [time] > Creates a loot crate. If no time is given it will be set to 24 hours by default.
    - /loot remove [name] > Deletes a crate.
    - /loot edit [name] > Brings up a GUI where you can drop items in and they will be added to the crate.
    ^ Data tags will be remembered. [If I put my head in, it wont turn into a regular skull]
    - /loot set [name] > Sets what block you are looking at a loot crate. [Heads should be able to be a loot crate].
    - /loot view [name] > Views all items that can be given in a crate.

When I'd like it by: Sometime before the 25th. [Monday]

2. Offline

MrGussio

3. Offline

BlockHeads36

@MrGussio Tested the plugin. Nothing actually worked. Could not edit lootcrates, view lootcrates, could not open lootcrates. Did you test it?

4. @BlockHeads36
    He said he hasn't implemented those features yet. Although if I were you, @MrGussio, I wouldn't release a plugin which lacks the essential features to work.

5. Offline

BlockHeads36

6. Offline

MrGussio

On my server I'm able to add a crate, set a location for it and loot it with the given cooldown. The view and edit commands aren't implemented yet, yes that's correct but didn't have that much time today to finish it all up.

However, the plugin is functional. Is creating a crate and looting one working on your server? If not, please send me the console logs.

The essential features (in my opinion) are actually implemented and I prioritized those. Like I said, I'm going to finish it up this weekend.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. @MrGussio
    My bad, I was under the impression that the edit command was the only way to modify the contents of the lootcrate.

8. Offline

BlockHeads36

@MrGussio I can edit them and set them, I couldn't loot them though.

9. Offline

MrGussio

Right-click on the block you've set it to, it worked for me. If it still doesn't work, let me know.

10. Offline

BlockHeads36

11. Offline

MrGussio

If you're talking about getting a head as loot:
    All of the data is saved in the config file and I've just literally put the ItemStack into the config.
    Bukkit serializes this and saves the meta tags as well. (tested this with giving an item a custom name, and it did save it correctly).

Since I didn't have the time to spawn a head with a player skin, I was unable to test it but assumed it would be the same as a name tag.

If you're talking about something different:
    I don't really get the "do heads work" part.

EDIT:
    Just finished adding the "edit" command to the plugin, is currently in the approval process.
    The edit command is not adding extra items to the crate, but displaying all the items currently available in the crate. If you remove an item, the changes will be saved and an item will not be lootable anymore. Due to this, the "view" command is not needed anymore.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  12. Offline

BlockHeads36

I was asking if I could set a player head "MHF_Chest" as a crate. Also, does this mean you are done???

13. Offline

MrGussio

I just cancelled the event, but there are 2 ways to solve this.
    1) You place a dirt block, set the crate location to that block, and then replace it with the skull and it should still work.
    2) I add the rightmouse button as well to create a new looting spot.

And I'm done with the first phase, second phase is bug fixing. There's currently 1 bug known by me and that is while looting a chest, the message of your cooldown gets displayed twice. Don't know why this is, but I'm going to figure that out later this week because I've got another offer of someone which has my priority and this bug isn't game breaking.

For the rest, I hope this is how you'd like the plugin and if not, please leave feedback :)

14. Offline

BlockHeads36

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.