Customized Files section

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by lycano, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lycano

Hi,

what do you think about implementing a way to customize the file view of dev.bukkit's files section?

Some users dont visit the main page. They simply go to the files section and check if there is any update available.

I would like to place some small text to the header to inform players about the latest event like "the latest version does now support an epic feature. Checkout the news page for more details"

Supporting wikicreole markup would be nice.

Regards,
    lycano

2. Offline

lol768

Isn't there already a changelog feature?

3. Offline

Lolmewn

Yeah, I'd say he just use the Changelog feature. Make it big, bold, maybe even red with some green, and people will notice.

4. Offline

c0mp

Moved to BukkitDev Information and Feedback!

5. Offline

lycano

Of course there is a changelog feature but that would require that users actually clicked on the specific entry. Most likely they visit this page and just download the file it without even reading the changelog.

So if you have something to announce, something important like "If you upgrade from an earlier version visit <that page>" then it could be placed as an overview there on the files page.

I really think this would be an improvment and would reduce comments or tickets like "The plugin does not work" Some would then not have to ask the same question over and overagain like "Did you read the how to upgrade section?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.