Filled Customizable Broadcast Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Lord Cuddles, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Offline

Lord Cuddles

Plugin Category
    Admin Tools / Chat Related

Suggested Plugin Name
    SimpleSay

What I want
    I would like this plugin to broadcast a message to the whole server, with a customizable prefix and colour support. I would not like the plugin to announce it periodically.

Command Ideas
    /ss say <message> - this would print <message> to the server
    /ss prefix <prefix> - this would set the prefix for the messages
    /ss noprefix - this would remove the prefix.
    /ss reload - this would reload the config.

Permissions
    ss.* - this would grant all permissions

When I would like it by
    As soon as possible

Note:
    I have searched the bukkit plugin list and could not find any plugins that fill this criteria. If you know of one, please let me know!

Thanks!

EDIT: As a lot of people have been patronizing me and telling me to do a search or use essentials, read the whole post before posting again. I checked through nearly every broadcast plugin, and most of them were not customizable, didn't support colours, or were scheduled.

The problem with me using Essentials is that I can't customize what it says, so rather than it saying [<myprefix>] <message> it would say [Broadcast] <message>, even though that is almost what I want.

I don't like ranting, but I don't like being taken for a noob either. If you know of a plugin That has a customizable prefix, Is NOT automatic, and supports colours then let me know, thanks!

2. Offline

Greennose120

looks like easy todo

3. Offline

Lord Cuddles

4. Offline

DarkRiddles

-_-
    Do a freaking search -_-

5. Offline

nhadobas

-_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- I remember doing this excessively when I was 12.

DarkRiddles likes this.
  6. Offline

Mitch_

You can do /bc -message- if you have essentials, it supports colours. God, some people really dont read all the sticky

7. Offline

Lord Cuddles

DarkRiddles
    I did, as I mentioned in the first post. All of them either were not customizable, or automated.
    Read the freaking post -_-

Mitch_
    You cannot customize the prefix in essentials. (or at least, I couldn't find out how to if you can.)
    God, some people don't read posts properly...

8. Offline

Addicted_24_7

SHABAM! Thats a link to a broadcasting plugin that allows customization... and is close to what you need... it does override essentials /say command if you have that installed and use that but, its a very good plugin!

9. Offline

Lord Cuddles

I'll give that a try, thanks!

Edit: perfect, thank you!

Addicted_24_7 likes this.
  10. Offline

Addicted_24_7

Yep!! Glad I could help!!