Custom Suffix(Colored Name) System

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by BradleyFlorence, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Plugin Name: UBSuffix

What it would do: I need this Plugin to Override Essentials and GroupManager and Change the Color of the Players Name to Whatever they would like...

Commands: These Commands Could Be /suffix (Your Name/ Other Players Name[This is Only for OPS or People with the Perm.] (Then Recreate your name In the Color you would Like) etc &1B&2radley&6F&9lorence
    etc. /suffix BradleyFlorence &1B&2radley&6F&9lorence

Permissions: ubsuffix.admin (To Change Other Players Color)
    ubsuffix.color (To Change your Own Color)

When I'd like it by: Idk About a Week or Two maybe.

Other Info: This Plugin Needs to OverRide GroupManager(Prefix/Suffix) And Essentials (Color of Name)

Thanks!!!

2. Offline

MaTaMoR_

I can make this .

3. Offline

BradleyFlorence

@MaTaMoR_ thanks;)

how long will it take?​
    @MaTaMoR_

<Edit by mrCookieSlime: Merged posts. Please don't double post. There is an Edit Button right next to the Date.>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
  4. Offline

MaTaMoR_

at friday.
    im not at my house... tomorrow ill start making this, this will take 30 min -
    1 h (i'm not pro programmer thats why this will take 1 hour for be made), and you can make a config example ¿?

5. Offline

TheMeq

Have you had a look at MChat?

6. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Config doesnt really need much since its all in game so maybe the Config could be this:

UBSuffix by MaTaMoR_ v 1.0 (Whatever Version)

Allowed Colors:

&1: yes
    &2: yes
    &3: yes
    &4: yes
    &5: yes
    &6: yes
    &7: yes
    &8: yes
    &9: yes
    &a: yes
    &b: yes
    &c: yes
    &d: yes
    &e: yes
    &f: yes
    &k: yes
    &o: yes
    &l: yes
    &m: yes
    &n: yes
    (All Yes by default)(And can be changed if wanted)

Remember this Plugin has to override essentials and groupmanager...

7. Offline

MaTaMoR_

you want the rank prefix ¿? or just his nick ¿? and its really hard make that config, because ill "translate" the color fom the message "&" with this "CahtColor.translateAlternateColorCodes('&', text); so i cant select what colors are allowed... i cant try do that with .replaceAll but is really hard make it :S

8. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Okay then do it how you can and it doesnt need to be a prefix it needs to be like a color me plugin where you can change the color of your name as like a donor perk so the name can be colorfull:) @MaTaMoR_

9. Offline

MaTaMoR_

1.8 version ? 1.7.9 ?

10. Offline

AdamQpzm

@MaTaMoR_ If it is 1.8, it wouldn't be bukkit so they shouldn't be posting in this section, so go with 1.7.9 :)

timtower likes this.
  11. Offline

BradleyFlorence

yes use 1.7.9 you can update it to 1.8 later;) thx

12. Offline

MaTaMoR_

Done :D after some hours because i used for first time new things ...
    Download Link : > Click Here <
    Commands :
    /suffix #You can just use /suffix <suffix> or /suffix <player> <suffix> .
    /ubs reload #Reload main config file "config.yml" not database .
    Permissions :
    ubsufix.suffix #Acces to /suffix <suffix>
    ubsufix.suffix.other #Acces to /suffix <player> <suffix>
    ubsufix.reload #Acces to /ubs reload
    Features :
    You can ban words , characaters , set max suffix length min length and change a little bit the format chat :D and you cant take a suffix who was already taken (to prevent players catch the name of an admin).

13. Offline

BradleyFlorence

@MaTaMoR_ Thanks Except... 1.) This doesnt need to be a Nick naming system to be whatever you want... any way you could make it to where they can only change the color/font of their name to color or italics or bold or obfuscated etc.
    and also if you could... whenever you do /suffix I don't want it to completely erase your whole name with like the groups(prefixes) you have. so If it said [Owner] BradleyFlorence I don't want it to get changed to BradleyFlorence (without the prefix[Owner]) whenever I run the command /suffix &1BradleyFlorence| Any Way this can be fixed?

Also a Question about ^^^^ Maybe instead of doing all that... just add variables to the config so maybe it can be (How do you want the msg format: %group% %playername%: %msg%... or is this already a thing because if so Its perfect!

14. Offline

MaTaMoR_

1) I asked if you want rank prefix but you did say "doesnt need to be a prefix it needs to be like a color me plugin where you can change the color of your name" anyways i can add rank prefix not problem with that.
    2) I can't do that i can do something like if(newprefix.contains(player.getName) -> set prefix , but probably will not work with names like "&4Ma&bTa&7MoR" and if this works players can do something like "RoMaTaM" ...

15. Offline

BradleyFlorence

@MaTaMoR_Okay thanks that will be good lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.