Custom NPC(FakePlayer)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Mindlessmink, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay so here's the deal. I'm attempting to develop an anti-cheat for my own reasons and the most reasonable way to detect KillAura would be the NPC or FakePlayer method even though it is the most popular. I have ideas to bypass the bypasses that new(er) clients have added. I've looked at some tutorials on youtube on how to create fake players however i'm unsure how let's take for example Mineplex's G.W.E.N is making the NPC fly behind the player. Could anyone help with this? I don't really need help detecting the hits. Thanks for help in advance.

Regards - Mink

Willing to use Librarys or APIs such as ProtocolLib if but preferably not.

Anyone? bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2017
  2. Offline

Machine Maker

@Mindlessmink
    I believe the Citizens plugin has an API for this.

3. Okay i've created the Npc using packets instead however is there a method to set the npc to flying? Or will i have to use a runnable to keep teleporting to location which would lag the server a lot though.

4. Offline

Machine Maker

@Mindlessmink
    If you set the NPC to flying, then what will you do with the player? You'd still have to teleport them around.

5. Offline

Machine Maker

@Mindlessmink
    What do you want the NPC to do? Maybe there is a better way.

6. @X1machinemaker1X basically. Trying to create an anti aura system as such to block killaura users. Will add 2, one on ground with armor and in air with armor. This is to detect systems that bypass by either disabling being able to hit non armored entities or entities that are flying. I can make the one that is on ground fine. Just trying to create an npc which is flying and when you turn to face it, it'll be teleported behind you to minimize false positives

7. @Mindlessmink
    There are ways to set the player flying using packets (namely this packet), but I don't recommend you use it.

If there is a suitable API, Citizens, why can't you use it? You might think you're doing your users a really big favour by not using libraries, but you're not. Users will care much more for functional code than having to install an extra library.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.