Custom Names

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by LandonTheGeek, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Hello,

I am going to try to keep this as simple as possible.

What I want: I am wanting to customize the name of a player for all plugins, for instance. I want Essentials to be able to recognize the name of that player as I set it, recognizing it as a IGN. All other plugins too. Here is an example. Instead of this:

[​IMG]

I want this: (Not red. :p You get what I mean)

Beast joined the game.

Another example. I want players, instead of typing '/mail send xXTh3B3astXxify [message]' to be able to type '/mail send Beast [Message]'

Recap: I am wanting the server to be able to recognize my name as something different. Has support for all players to recognize 'Beast', or whatever I set a name to.

Reguards, Thank you,
    Beast

2. Offline

mrgreen33gamer

I think that is impossible, because you can't change someones player name when they join because player names are in Mojang databases and you can't change the way they are set up, only nicks on the server can support being on the server, not joining. I'm sorry to tell you but you cannot make a plugin like that, i tryed to make a interference with the joining part, simply by a player listener on join, like if i had my name join, then it would say something like: Sky join the game

It takes a while to figure out some of that stuff, sorry though, hope someone can break my theory.

~mrgreen33gamer

HelpfulBeast likes this.
  3. Offline

hubeb

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

HelpfulBeast Most plugins are using the normal player name to perform actions with, multiple reasons: it is always the same name, so when the player is offline it will still work.
    They are unique, no double players